Is Shadow allowed on Ogame

• Dear community,

I have a very simple question... Is Shadow authorised to be used on Ogame ? I have a very very old computer, making alot of noise when i am opening a browser or when playing CSGO.
    For this reason, i have choosen to use a Shadow Box to get a better computer while sparing the needed funds to buy my own computer.

Can some one comfirm me this is ok for gameforge and ogame as i dont think i have the same ip address ? since i am logging from my computer to the shadow box computer ?....

For those interested in responding but doesn know what shadow is, i set a direct link: https://shadow.tech

Kind Regards
    iiNSick

Edited once, last by iiNSick ().

• THAT is an interesting question, and I am also eager to hear the response from the team...

the service seems like it could turn into something very fun to use as well...

Look for me on#Knuck in IRC.

<+umakhelwane>Sarsa is the reason he talks like that anyway.blame him.it's always Sarsa
    <@Florence>I like that reasoning
    <+Sarsaparilla>EVERYTHING is my fault

• If Shadow (I am not familiar with it myself) is a program that conceals the IP of the user then this would a Terms and Conditions violation which is a permanent ban.

From Terms and Conditions:
    It is not permissible to use the ‪Gameforge‬ Services via anonymization services or similar means capable of suppressing or concealing the real IP address or the origin of the user.

ESeB8X4.png

• actually VPN is strictly forbidden.
    so my guess this is also not allowed
    but its the best to write a ticket before you get banned for it

AvOZINI.png

Vreme će proći pa moći će svi da vide

Kako stojimo ponosni, večni ko piramide

• [quote]The use of a proxy for the purpose of being able to create a link between the game and the player in cases where it would not be possible to connect to the game in any other way is permitted only with prior permission from the game team. A support ticket must be submitted, and permission granted as soon as possible, or you risk a ban of your account. This includes regular use as well as emergency use.[\quote]

Sigh.
    My Googlefoo failed me.
    It found this in the .us forums

The T&C interpretation
    is interesting.
    However a forum search
    does not turn up
    the VPN rule as a violation.

I'm not arguing,
    just saying.
    I assume the rule
    stems from section
    4.3 of the T&C?

• Thanks for all the answers.

@Silverwind is there any possibility to open a ticket and have a option to bypass this ? connecting though the shadow box provide me a fixed ip in france while a vpn is changing your ip constantly if i dont make a mistake...

My computer is a computer from 1995 xD, unforthanly i cannot afford a new one at this time as its not in my priority list. thats the reason why i use this actually.

PS: a game ticket is aswell opened

• @iiNSick : I always encourage opening a ticket so your GO can look into the specifics of your case (I'm not sure if that's me or not).

The Shadow program deserves some reading and may not work in the way I think it does at quick glance. You may have some other information that can help your situation as well.

ESeB8X4.png

• Sounds fishy to me... If you had a computer from 1995 I am more than certain it would not even be capable of running Shadow software as they require Windows 7 at the earliest. I really hope you are not looking for an always on server to run illegal scripts and bots from? That would be against the rules if you are whether you open a ticket or not.

And for the cost of Shadow per month, you would be better buying some newer second hand parts and build something from this milenium.

• Sounds fishy to me... If you had a computer from 1995 I am more than certain it would not even be capable of running Shadow software as they require Windows 7 at the earliest. I really hope you are not looking for an always on server to run illegal scripts and bots from? That would be against the rules if you are whether you open a ticket or not.

And for the cost of Shadow per month, you would be better buying some newer second hand parts and build something from this milenium.

Hello @stfu

Well i can run shadow on the computer but the computer is running slowly but the gaming computer is running fine;

I even dont have an account actually, just created one to open an ingame ticket somewhere, so no i aint looking to use any bot or something like that.

i am just looking to play the game in a correct way, not have to wait 3min before the new screen render on my screen;

• The question has already been answered. No VPNs (doing w/e to produce the same result as a VPN) whilst playing.

That being said. This game was made in a time when VPNs weren't a thing, along with a lot of other things.

Is it worth having the conversation about VPNs? Should they be allowed? :shrug:

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on Worldwide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 + ~

- The one & only Peppa -

• If they can be implemented somehow without multis becoming something everyone does then yes I would like to see VPNs allowed. As it is I play ogame on a crappy old laptop because my main gaming PC connects via VPN 100% of the time (and I'm not techy enough to work out how to only get ogame on the non-VPN connection and everything else through VPN) - I'll be damned if I'm compromising my internet security on 99% of my browsing for the sake of this game, but it's a pain in the ass running 2 machines instead of just playing everything on one...

Edit - or just scrap the no multis rule - if everyone can do it then that's still an even playing field and it means more farms out there as people forget to log into their multis or not FS them properly :-P

• Well, i am not here to multi or to use bots with another hidden computer,
    I am a peacefull miner, grouping my daily resource and send my few cargoes i have to a save points,

i think i should have an average of 1 inactive attack/day as most of my slots are always empty, no time to farm or attack; its truly only due to the old computer i have and could be easiyl verified by the game team if i get a response a day or other, other then silverwind response as he is not my GO

• Well, i am not here to multi or to use bots with another hidden computer,
    I am a peacefull miner, grouping my daily resource and send my few cargoes i have to a save points,

i think i should have an average of 1 inactive attack/day as most of my slots are always empty, no time to farm or attack; its truly only due to the old computer i have and could be easiyl verified by the game team if i get a response a day or other, other then silverwind response as he is not my GO

The board is for general questions - if u want confirmation from your GO if its allowed or not, then you need to open a ticket and appeal to your GO through that channel

g5JBGO0.png

• The board is for general questions - if u want confirmation from your GO if its allowed or not, then you need to open a ticket and appeal to your GO through that channel

Thanks for your quote parsec, a ticket has already been opened some days ago where silverwind did aswell answer :), just waiting on an official response in the ticket now, i just wanted to update the thread since GO will probably read it since i linked it in the ticket

Kr

• It is simple, Shadow or everything else that hides your orignal IP is forbidden, there is no need to wait for an answer from your GO. Thats the same for every universe.

Thanks for your kind answer, but as stated in your profil, you are a BOARD MODERATOR and not my GAME OPERATOR, otherwise, i guess you would have answered my ticket, so, since different people from the team (including GO's) are answering different response, ill prefer waiting on an answer,

In addition, there are talls of rules that are the same in every universe and where some close their eyes.

The fact is i have a fixed ip adress from france that never change and will always be the same on the shadow,
    The GO could consider i have moved from hometown, or i can aswell work in France, since France is only 20km away from my main address (can be proven with my id)

On another way, the place where i am living provide at miminim 5 free public wifis from wich i could easily and totaly freely connect to and have another ip address while remaining in belgium,

I think there is probably a place to discuss this with my GO, while being the most honest possible.

Edited 3 times, last by iiNSick ().