Fleet Duplication

• Hello

Ive send today a single colony ship out while my astro was close to be finished. The fact is that suddently i had 2 waves of 1 colony ship going to that spot with a time difference of 1 second, one of them have come back home and i know still have 3 colo ships on my moon instead of 2

Ok, its only a duplicate of 1 colony ship, but i let you imagine if this happend if i had send full fleets out (not that i have some either xD)... i am not sure what i need to provide to verify this... but i guess that if this happened to me, it could have happened to other aswell ....

Kr
    iiNSick

• Thats a known bug and can happen randomly with all fleet missions. Normally you don't duplicate the fleet, you just send it twice (both times costing deut).

You produce the ressources for a single coloship probably in 5 seconds or so right? I would say just keep the ress.

Signatur
    Board Admin ORG

Origin Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief

• Generally, this is caused by lag between your machine and the GameForge server.
    Usually somebody clicks send and nothing happens so they click send again which causes the duplicate fleet.

Is this similar to what happened to you?

Hello

I simply have send out my colony ship, the fact is that if you try again and click after you send the colo ship on the fleet details menu, you get an error thrown that the ships coulndt be send for a second time, maybe that when i did it, that little error didnt appaer and did actually resend it.

Aswell, i didn't click the button send, to go faster i clicked colo link in the galaxy view, selected my single coloships, and pressed 3x enter without experiencing any lag

About the not duplicating, well i had 3 colo on my moon, 2 waves getting out (one original and for me the duplicate one) and still had 2 colo on my moon. about the deut cost, i aint sure, its not like it costed me 100M deut to see a difference

@NoMoreAngel indeed a colony ship is produced in a few seconds, but if you cant fix this officialy, i aint sure that everyone would be as fair to report it.

I think that even myself would think about it to report if i got a part of my fleets duplicated, and with the activity of the GOs ingame and the tools they have, i aint sure it would be spotted if you are discrete enough...

• Happened to me once too. I sent a raiding fleet on an inactive. After i sent the fleet i had 0 warships remaining on that moon. The fleet appeared twice on my fleet screen.

https://media.discordapp.net/a…1686098821121/unknown.png

I recalled and behold i doubled my ships

https://media.discordapp.net/a…1905545068594/unknown.png

Sent a ticket and got this answer:

"Hello Mannix,
    Thanks.
    Its just a bug that occurs really rarely.
    I doubt you`ll see it again.
    With kind regards,
    Asto Vidatu
    "

• I got the exact samme message from the GO when I sent a ticket with this problem. This is happening on more and more regular basis for me. Using Google Chrome on a Windows 10 PC. If there is a way to reduce the risk of this happening, I am all ears!

EDIT: I am using the AntiGameOrigin Reborn extension.

• I've experienced a few years ago having backtimed a fleet with some friends.. It had an open window of 3-4 secs or something..

There was indeed an impact and I recieved a great positive CR in my inbox, we all did.. And we got loots.. And the defending fleet was floating around in a nice big DF..

BUT.. Because the defender clicked his fleet on deploy to his colony the exact same time as the impact went down, the fleet somehow got duplicated..

So.. He still had his whole fleet intact after the hit, despite the fact that we had just vaporized it.. And that also meant that he was able to take some of the DF for himself, as all of his recyclers were still very much alive, leaving us with a major loss :kpinch:

• I've experienced a few years ago having backtimed a fleet with some friends.. It had an open window of 3-4 secs or something..

There was indeed an impact and I recieved a great positive CR in my inbox, we all did.. And we got loots.. And the defending fleet was floating around in a nice big DF..

BUT.. Because the defender clicked his fleet on deploy to his colony the exact same time as the impact went down, the fleet somehow got duplicated..

So.. He still had his whole fleet intact after the hit, despite the fact that we had just vaporized it.. And that also meant that he was able to take some of the DF for himself, as all of his recyclers were still very much alive, leaving us with a major loss :kpinch:

Famously happened to diddy and some other Alcomis noobs in Quoaor as well. They managed to get the duplicated fleet deleted via a ticket if I'm not incorrect.

• True story....about being noobs I mean :)

the player we hit used hot keys or something similar to get out of a 2 second time back and then posted a link to the video which essentially was him admitting to bug using. He wasn’t a clever guy!! Lolz

the investigation went our way and the players duplicated fleet was deleted a few days later plus he got banned for a while before coming back and ruining numerous accounts :-)

• before coming back and ruining numerous accounts

Rumour has it he still ruins accounts to this day :D

That was a fun hit for sure. It took 2 weeks but he finally got the duplicated fleet removed in the end.

• Wow I thought I was the only one this happened to, had to create an account just to share my experience lol. Couple years ago I got timed back on a recall deploy with a 3s window.

I was getting ready to try and save my fleet via jump gate. When the moment came I executed the jump as fast as I could and was successful in saving it, but when I check my CR it shows the same very fleet being crashed, with the DF and Wreckfield generated and everything... So I had my fleet in its entirety safe on one moon with a wreckfield of it on another. Both me and my attacker were very confused lol. He told me he was gonna report me for hacking but then I never heard anything of it...

I may or may not have tried to recreate this bug afterwards...

• This happened to a team mate of mine back in Kallisto. He got caught on a 3 second lanx and he managed to jump his fleet away but then it somehow still got hit, creating a WF. He had his whole fleet and then the WF too. So he got top 10'd but ended up going from rank 8 to rank 4 fleet anyway lol

it's a pretty sick bug but obviously gets resolved via deletion once the ticket gets processed. Usually you don't get to keep the duplications.