Marshmello #MeToo

• Hey Ogame
    I am back from a recent board ban.
    Naughty Heretic indeed. However, I have a gripe.
    A point was made, ofc I could not throw my two cents in as I was banned. Ofc, it was quickly closed, because no one wants to actually deal with the issue, just blow us off.
    So I have something to say and since no one seems to care, I will air my grievance here for you all to have a chuckle until it is, like the last attempt, closed and swept under the rug.
    My issue is heavy handed, abusive, and down right discriminatory mods.

We are respectful to players, and its returned most of the time. Until they get warned and get upset about it. Then I'm a pizza chip.

No mate, it isn't just because you warn or ban people. It is because you just willy nilly decide you don't like someone and oh, heres a point.
    Oh, hey, you again, oh, here is a point. You don't moderate fairly.

Anyone that visits Virgo, probably knows me. I'm loud, I'm obnoxious, and I like rubbing the fact my ally is destroying our comp in. Troll much? Yes much!
    If you haven't by the way, I would highly suggest stopping in. Though ofc the ally being beaten isn't a big fan, and a few cheer leaders, the vast majority is all very hilarious and great reads.

I will be the first to admit, I am a line stepper. My most recent line crossing was calling someone retarded.
    OK! Bad taste. Not nice. Not funny for the reality surrounding mental retardation and the world we live in.
    Apologies.

However, I will point out the most recent point I got was for spam. In my CR thread. Talking to someone who was trolling me, as they should, is what makes it fun.
    So I laugh at their retort. SPAM! POINT! BAN!

Dude, wtf.;
    I contend that Marshmello is abusive in use of his power. Spamming me was intended to point me out and get me banned. It was not only unnecessary, I think it was a HUGE spotlight on the fact he is also extremely biased and acts in a discriminatory manner.
    I can be trolled, by an entire ally. I've been called a child, stupid, ignorant, retarded, pathetic... the list goes on.
    I think the last one was "Your mother is a retard, you d :censored: head."
    I found that one particularly entertaining. I like making people salty.
    I might add, that this comment was already warned by Marsh, but Mr. SWIFT JUSTICE sure did "forget" to remove the offensive comment. Funny how it literally was handled right after I got on and had seen it. Wtv, i thought it was a hoot and did not report it, did not care.
    Can't help but notice NO ONE but myself got points for SPAM!
    In my own CR thread...

https://board.en.ogame.gamefor…of-Ice-Azrael-D/?pageNo=1

Well,this is not the first time I have personally had issue with Marshmello. In fact, I would wager there are a few of you in this very boat. In fact, I know for a fact that he had to be spoken to by the staff, unless they just again, ignored his abusive and discriminatory manners, because he was going over the top.
    I thought for sure, if nothing else, someone will give him a talking to and fix my points on this bans.
    I asked for his Smod. He did not respond. I guess since he knew I was banned, it would not matter.
    I put in a ticket, took week and half of my two week ban to get an answer. Let us return to that though.
    I went into the IRC after a day or so and tried to get a hold of No More Angel. I have seen this one on the boards and had a basic respect for the person, seemed fair and decent enough.
    I ask about help dealing with an abusive mod. ANY ACCUSATION OF ABUSE! , should be handled seriously. Not blown off.
    I was told to put a ticket in and his Smod would handle it.
    Yeah, did that but thanks anyways, NMA. I'll just wait I guess.
    So I get my ticket response. It is NMA.
    Informs me of my bans and points and that I am near perma.
    That is it?

We feel Marsh was well within his right? We feel he was not being wrong in his use of the point system?
    Nothing.
    Stop trolling or you get perma'd
    Thanks again NMA

So we don't address abuse, even if just to say, no, you are wrong.
    We just gloss over it and pretend it didn't happen. Because we don't care

Why should you? You only volunteered to do this crap.
    I love being blown off. I love being discriminated against.

I just want to play a game. Just trying to have some fun. I am not saying that I am not an a :censored: , In fact, I would contend the exact opposite. I am intend, a tremendous a :censored: , Sometimes I go overboard. Certainly, hey, stop it, play nice.
    My bad.
    I am not saying that I am in the right.
    I am saying that Marshmello is wrong.

"I would troll but Marshmello would just come and ban me and let everyone else rip into each other... and NMA would ignore it"

• PREACH!!!!

I have had my own issues with Marshmello.... My ONLY points are from him because I called him out & he didn't like it. I also had to go over his head to his SMod. They said they would look into my points since they are my only ones...I included ALL pms that Marshmello sent me & the way he spoke to me... never heard a word in return...

I get it that they have to support their team, but they also need to make sure their team is doing right by the community... after all that, I lost respect for all Mods here even tho they didn't so anything, call it guilt by association. Some have gained my respect back, but Marshmello, he will never have my respect.

I guess you can say... I was Marshmello'd

• Marshy is a good guy that gets a bad wrap. He does his job and warns when needed. If you don’t like mods being so picky then stop reporting every little thing. Don’t be hard on marshmello when he is only doing his best. If you feel like you can do a better job for the community then by all means put in your application when you can and donate your own time and energy fixing it.

Don’t let the haters get you down @Marshmello

“War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”
    Clittle.jpg

Ex- Gmod... don’t bother me anymore

• I lost respect for all Mods here even tho they didn't so anything, call it guilt by association.

I wanna discuss what you just wrote there with my story.

After Trump won, I was yelled by several of his supporters. They told me to "get the hell out of the US with those god dang immigrants". What is interesting is not knowing a single fact about me like that I am a natural-born citizen of the USA (Born in Georgia). I follow all regulated rules, pay my bills, buy American goods every once in a while and do everything a normal, law-abiding US citizen does. Hell, I do not even mind tutoring American citizens. But because I look Arab or the fact I grow a thick beard sometimes, people pin me to be a bad guy. Call me terrorist, say I am not to be trusted and I should be removed. I am GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION to be an immigrant that does not belong. So when I read your statement Harley, it saddens me that you take to such an extreme. Not everyone is a bad guy in the crowd. Some of us do give verbal warnings before actually warning. And if a warning is warranted, action will be taken. There can be some forum members so bad that they need many warnings. Either because they just do not care or they want more warnings. Like it is a highscore.

• Relax guys.... I admitted I put you all in the same basket with Marshmello & I admit, it wasn't fair, and I also wrote that several have you have gained my respect based on your own actions.

Sorry you all got thrown in the basket, but honestly, someone that treats people the way he does, unfortunately the response ends up being "the Mods" rather than "Marshmello"

So as I have said, I have seen several of you treat people fairly & not go overboard with your moderating.

Respect is earned & I can gladly say some of you have earned it... as I am sure I will have to earn from you.

• Hey I think I tried to help you on IRC!

Yes you did good sir, I would like to use you as an example actually as you are perfect.

And had to hit me not to to long ago with a warning. I thought it was silly. I even messaged him, laughed, and told him not to be a Marshmello.
    He gave me slap. It was warranted. I have no issue, I am not perfect and as stated, I tend to be an a :censored:
    EDIT: more perfect than I thought. It was a spam warning. It was ridiculous. I thought it was definitely not needed, and I did tell you to not be a Marshmello.
    I also dropped it after that cause though I disagreed, you've not really just been over the top. I just assumed I was out of line

I am not trying to pretend I am an angel. I AM, HOWEVER, entertaining. I try not to go overboard but we are here to have fun. I just get a little carried away.
    I am not arguing the point for calling someone a retard. Over the line. Simple.

I appreciate you trying to help @Andvari300
    There was just not you could do for me, no fault of your own mate

Marshy is a good guy that gets a bad wrap. He does his job and warns when needed. If you don’t like mods being so picky then stop reporting every little thing. Don’t be hard on marshmello when he is only doing his best. If you feel like you can do a better job for the community then by all means put in your application when you can and donate your own time and energy fixing it.

Don’t let the haters get you down @Marshmello

Please make sure to note, I am not attacking the man. He may very well be the most decent man on the face of the planet and donates time to orphans and widows. I am not saying he is a bad person.
    Maybe he is young. Maybe he is over zealous. Maybe he for real, just don't like me. Not a stretch. I consider my a fairly decent and likable guy. Just not here to be liked. Here to maybe win, maybe do well, and definitely rub it in.
    I very rarely report stuff, I am just not thinned skinned enough to care. I poke fun. I expect to rile a few people. If some rude words are said, I poked the bear, the bear should be able to growl.
    I didn't go reporting Tuner for returning my my jab with a shot at my mother. He got hot I called him a retard. He called my mom one. I doubt he cares anymore. I know I don't and didn't when he did in the first place.

I wanna discuss what you just wrote there with my story.
    After Trump won, I was yelled by several of his supporters. They told me to "get the hell out of the US with those god dang immigrants". What is interesting is not knowing a single fact about me like that I am a natural-born citizen of the USA (Born in Georgia). I follow all regulated rules, pay my bills, buy American goods every once in a while and do everything a normal, law-abiding US citizen does. Hell, I do not even mind tutoring American citizens. But because I look Arab or the fact I grow a thick beard sometimes, people pin me to be a bad guy. Call me terrorist, say I am not to be trusted and I should be removed. I am GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION to be an immigrant that does not belong. So when I read your statement Harley, it saddens me that you take to such an extreme. Not everyone is a bad guy in the crowd. Some of us do give verbal warnings before actually warning. And if a warning is warranted, action will be taken. There can be some forum members so bad that they need many warnings. Either because they just do not care or they want more warnings. Like it is a highscore.I lost respect for all Mods here even tho they didn't so anything, call it guilt by association.

Dude, it isn't a bad point. If you want to go there though...
    I'm white
    Literally everything wrong with the world is my fault.
    I owned slaves, I built the world on their backs. I am the epitome of violence and racism.
    Simply because I am white.
    No one cares to ask. I am in my mid thirties. I actually, in fact, did not own slaves.
    I am white. So I am racist? Is that not, in itself, racisim

Let me give you a pov if I may
    Let us say that you are dealing with some ignorant, inbred, redneck who hates you cause you look Arab. Now, that is some dumb :censored: being racist because the way you look. More to the point, is because of fear. There isn't really a reason to group you with a terrorist besides you appearance I would assume.
    Do you go around supporting those people? Do you tout the pros of radical Islam? I will assume not as you don't seem to like to be associate with terrorism.
    You do not support not condone those actions. Bully for you and thank you!
    Now lets say you got an abusive mod. Who has to report to others. Who is involved with other.
    Say, like yourself for instance. Now if this abusive mod is in fact abusive, and he is your "associate", and you do not stop or halt his actions, you are condoning his actions. You are an associate because you "work" together.
    This isn't some matter of race and hatred and fear. This is a matter of a group of people with an abusive person in the middle of them. They sit here, they do nothing, they ignore, hell, they support!
    Do what you do?
    Where do you get off comparing mod abuse, and Harley saying guilt by association, to radical Islamic terrorists and peoples misconceptions because of your appearance.
    You can look Arab, and not be a terrorist. You can't be a mod with an abusive "work" mate, and just throw your hands up like, what?
    Sorry, there is just a tremendous difference.

Edited once, last by Heretic ().

• Respect is earned & I can gladly say some of you have earned it... as I am sure I will have to earn from you.

The one thing I like people to do is talk to me in a PM. Lets just have a session 1-on-1 to talk about the situation. I have even once had two users who were completely bent on trolling and insulting that I told them I do not appreciate the behavior and I would like it to stop. Because if it were to keep going, both would lose from getting warnings. I appreciate people taking the time to talk to me because I will take time to talk to them.

And I do have an appreciation for those who have stuck around, such as yourself, Cass and many others.

Say, like yourself for instance. Now if this abusive mod is in fact abusive, and he is your "associate", and you do not stop or halt his actions, you are condoning his actions. You are an associate because you "work" together.

You are confusing the difference between peer and superior. It would be the job of the superior to fix the situation with what is going on with Marshy or anyone for that matter. I do not mod in his sections nor does he do mine. Just recently, we have switched places so I will be modding your area with a different approach. Edit: If he were a global moderator, then I might need to talk to him.

Where do you get off comparing mod abuse, and Harley saying guilt by association, to radical Islamic terrorists and peoples misconceptions because of your appearance.

My appearance being compared to immigrants versus My mod appearance compared to those more ruthless Moderators. That was more so the idea.

You can look Arab, and not be a terrorist. You can't be a mod with an abusive "work" mate, and just throw your hands up like, what?
    Sorry, there is just a tremendous difference.

You can look Arab and not be a terrorist. True. Then the notion of you can be a good mod and have someone who isnt good. Just like how there are some ethnic people who are good and some ethnic people who are bad. Point of it all, treat people based on the merit they have earned. You can ask a variety of the sections I used to mod in. I would say out of the handful countable on my fingers, I have had a pretty decent experience with them as their moderators. And it is a bummer I will not be overseeing them anymore.

• Good time to sell some popcorn's

UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
    Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
    Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
    Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
    Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

Advanced hits never counted
    HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
    Over All Top 10s >>> 60+

• Over-moderated forum strikes again. Shocking really. Board is slowly dying. Less and less posts. I get it; they're vl$unteers, but the power they think they got is too much. Half of them get crushed ingame anyway :rofl:

Some of them are alright. It's not all.

• Since I was quoted I feel almost obligated to comment.

I don't actually see any proper grievance here. The only thing I can see that is a problem is that there may be some clarity needed on what constitutes as spam, but your comment wasn't contributing in any shape or form and you turned what was a nice top 10 into an attempt at a flame war. At least have some style....

There are worse examples of power abuse that I have witnessed on these boards, but Marshmello hasn't done anything wrong here. If anything, the exaggeration that this is a #MeToo moment is grotesquely disproportionate and inaccurate as well as making you look bad. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets closed and for good reason.

• Quick question; Did you just admit to breaking rules as a life style then write about how mad at me you are for warning you for breaking rules?

I admitted to being wrong, yes. I am not perfect. Nor are you..
    I am not saying I am and that I am completely in the right.
    I am saying you are continuously over the top.

Yes, I go overboard. I am having fun. Sometime I say something in poor taste. I admitted I can be an a :censored:
    I am not saying you were constantly wrong either.

However, and this is my argument, though most seem to be on your side, so I guess I am just an a :censored: ,
    When people can get on a thread and talk about me, but I can't laugh at the comments without being spammed, I think someone is over reaching.

If

Apr 23rd 2019

The JackA says
    I CANT SEE YOU! I CANT HEAR YOU!! HAHA!!

Warned for spam.

- Marshmello

This is spam... I get a warning an banned...

But

Apr 23rd 2019+4
    I get notifications but I don't see your posts. I don't care whatever you reply and comment something but please don't quote me so I don't see your nooby name even on notifications. Most definitivelly I'll never read any of your posts.

This isn't

Zagy can get on, tell us how everyone suck in the uni, but god forbid I troll him back

The argument is that if you are going to point some people, EVERYONE should be treated equally.
    Marshmello has a tendency to come down on some and not on others.

But hey, like I said, apparently I am wrong as most here seem to be on Marsh's side, and seems like I am just an a :censored:

• Ok, I've had enough at this point.
    If there is anything abusive right now is the way this thread was opened. The "#metoo" connection the author of the thread did with someone that is here actually trying to help the forum be a comfortable place for everybody is just a non go.

Shaming particular people in public will not help your cause.
    I won't allow this forum to turn into a place where threads are opened to trash and shame individuals, especially if they are volunteering to keep this little online place decent.

I'm closing this thread right away.
    If you don't like how a moderator handles his/her duties, the matter can be handled in private.

Piink.jpg