How about an universe with disabled attack by default.

• Just no. there is a game on the phone called Idle miner, go play that instead if you dont want attacking.

What does the idle miner app has to do with this topic? :)

It's an open discussion - don't act like I took your sandals and I'm teasing you with them ..

• You want just a mining game with no fleet action meaning no need for fleet saving, no need for defense, just enough cargos to move res around...

sounds alot like an idle miner game to me.... and comparing your view of a uni and that game was what I did, so Idle miner with no fleeting, no need for defense, just leave it to do its thing and come back every now and then to build something, is what you want. Fits.

Ogame without fleet... IS an idle minder game.

• spy probes being stuck in air, on overview showing 0 slots but on fleet movement every is used, even if you recall the probes before they reach the target, so now im out of slots

• How about we play sims?

OGame is marketed as a browser-based, money-management and space-war themed massively multiplayer online browser game also as a multiplayer strategy browser game.

You're just removing all of these elements and making it a single player game, because if what you suggest is made then there's no point of an alliance, shipyard (apart from cargos), defense, missile silo, etc... It'll just turn into a brainless, non strategic game.

So sims or idle miner is a good game for players that choose that path.

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

• I don't know about a permanent attack block but something that has been mentioned before is an attack block on public holidays (somewhat jokingly).

Maybe do it as an event? 48h attack block event ran every other month or so (or said holidays). It'd make for a funny curve ball.

That's something that might be worth exploring.

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on Worldwide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 + ~

- The one & only Peppa -

• I'm bang alongside any ideas for new styles of play. Or any ideas at all.

The existence of an Idle Miner means there a market for such a game, and who knows, some people who start there may decide they want a bit more excitement, and move on to more usual unis.

It wouldn't even cost GF much in the way of effort, as it wouldn't need a ton in the way of oversight.

And of course, no one who doesn't like the idea would be forced to play on it.

• Why do people react as it's the announcement of such an universe? :D

Throw in ideas - why would it be bad/good. . maybe you have an idea similar to this, or completely opposite?

Like - no mines in the universe.. there are only 1 inactive planet in each system with 50/50/50 mines metal/crystal/deut :)) and as you register you have only enough ress to build up to 2 sc :)

• Maybe do it as an event? 48h attack block event ran every other month or so (or said holidays). It'd make for a funny curve ball.

I've said for a while that we should have a chaos Uni and this woudl work well.

My version of a chaos Uni is once every month (on a completely random day) they go in and change some or all the settings.

wouldn't it be swell to come open up ogame and find out the x2 fleet x2 miner was now a x5 fleet, x7 Econ woth 80% Def to debris and no ACS? Then next month....something different? You could add in the random attack block here and there for extra fun chaos.

I think that'd be wicked cool.

ESeB8X4.png

• If we're making silly suggestions here:

Every 20-30 days at random, announce a 24h attack block will occur in 24h. When that attack block starts, take everyone out of VM. During those 24h you could NOT re-enter VM, you must wait until after it completes to re-enter VM.

• While we're at it, we can do something like the purge.

Chaos uni for 24 hours: pushing, bashing, vpn using, trade limit, etc... all scrapped for just 24 hours.

Oh and nobody can vmode for those 24 hours if they're out that is.

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

• I’m warming to the idea of a chaos uni

I think to make up for being essentially shafted on a monthly basis the eco should be set to between 7 and 10 and remain like that. There needs to be some benefits and eco is the best way to attract players

Variable fleet speeds on a monthly basis

ACS on and off each month

Random bouts of defence into DF

Random attack blocks (give us all a rest)

Low deut consumption (like 0.5)

Pushing rule needs to be active at all times as the server would be riddled with the usual disabled slugs trying to cheat. Scumbags

Sign me up