Feedback+Issues: WBB5

• Please post the issues you found in here. Mainly broken links etc for now.

If the issue you found has something to do with the boardskin, please write "SKIN:" at the start of the post.

Sidenote: As the upgrade took longer than expected I'm not available infront of my PC until some time tonight, so please be patient if you need to wait a bit for the reply.

Signatur
    Board Admin ORG

Origin Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief

• First post of the new board?

I can't seem to see any "simple" way of viewing forum sections.

There is no easy way to get to here from the dashboard:

https://board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/

Edit: Simple "fix". For non-mobile users, you can click the "Forum" button at the top of the page!

228ee7ebf45eaa4f490b34364c394e67.png

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on Worldwide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 ~

~ The one & only Peppa & GO for Cygnus.org & Dorado.org ~

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaldor ().

• SKIN:

• Words in quotes are coloured black, making them hard to read on the default background.
    • Copying and pasting may result in the text being oversized.

Other problems are that the quick reply function seems to have disappeared, you have to click reply on the top of the page to start one. I also echo Kaldor's issue of finding it difficult to access the board.

Nobody of the still active, not newly registered people, except maybe Cass and bibob will miss you

oZM3SIa.png

• well mine is simple the notice said the board would be back on the 4th it just came back up on my end today the 5th.

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
    ogame.support.gameforge.com/en

• SKIN (I assume)

The bolding to show the new posts in a thread (in each forum) isn't that clear compared with the "read" threads. In fact makes it quite difficult to me to see the difference.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to hide the right hand bar on the overview.. and frankly it's just annoying, and not that useful.

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.

• When adding a participant to a Private message, it puts a very dark opaque box over the name makign it difficult to make sure it is going to correct recipient.

Like thus

Ong7Kn6.png
    SGO - Bellatrix & Quantum & Oberon & Cosmos & Vega & Janice & Kalyke
    Specific In game issue? Please use the ticket system

• Kaldor sadly I can't do anything about it, but I will ask piink if we can change the OGame logo from linking to the dashboard to link to main boardview.

Parsec they are hidden again and also work again.

Spir1t you are the first one saying that, everyone else says it is too bright. Where is it too dark for you?

Asto Vidatu yep, a real downgrade from wbb4 but sadly we can't really change much if anything about it. I'm going to ask the GF if we can do anything at all there. Also you might have noticed that on mobile the double tap to mark as read isn't working anymore. That feature got removed by woltlab on mobile for some reason.

Largenton quotes should be readable again. Can't really reduce the background color of them anymore as those boxes are directly linked to the ones in posts. I haven't had the issue with oversized text yet, from which source are you copying? A workaround is to go into the html editor and copy it into that one. (first button in the row above the textbox). The quick reply function is now the whole reply function, it also isn't only the button in the top but there also is a dark one labeled " reply to thread", that one opens the editor too.

Wraith02 I have the same issue with the threads and thought about making them a different color, just need to figure one out that matches the board/OGame/GF style in general. If you got suggestions just shoot. (personally I would make them just red). And there is no way to hide it at all, woltlab removed that functionality. I added something to the board that removes it atleast in the Threads and Conversations. Sadly I can't remove it from the sections as it is the only place the board displays the label selector and who is modertor in the section.

Silverwind Can't change that, the weird dark box is directly linked to the backgroundcolor of the board content. Maybe the GF can change something about it in the style directly.

Signatur
    Board Admin ORG

Origin Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief

• Wraith02 I have the same issue with the threads and thought about making them a different color, just need to figure one out that matches the board/OGame/GF style in general. If you got suggestions just shoot. (personally I would make them just red). And there is no way to hide it at all, woltlab removed that functionality. I added something to the board that removes it atleast in the Threads and Conversations. Sadly I can't remove it from the sections as it is the only place the board displays the label selector and who is modertor in the section.

Thank you for the answer there. Red seems okay to me, though right now I'm just of the mind set to make them as obvious as possible.

Sadly, as you said, this version seems to be more of a downgrade by Woltlab, with seemingly half the answers being given as "Woltlab has removed that useful functionality" =/

Good day,

So I was in the rules section: New Game Rules - valid from 17.9.2012 and as I proceeded and clicked on one rule - I was expecting to be thrown to the selected rule. Instead I was forwarded to the Forum starting page.

That happens with nearly every board update, as Woltlab tends to change their link structure with each one - in previous years GF had scripts that would update all the links, I don't know if such a thing will happen again this time - NoMoreAngel do you know if this will be coming?

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.

• Nice response ,at least you are able to respond not like your GO mates in Q,they are not able to respond to the ticket 7 days,just perfect.And yea from the phone looks like shit if you ask me ,but probably you are gonna say again thats only me.Previous look of the board looked better.

• Broken links in the posts get fixed soon™ by hand.

Wraith02 nope sadly not. The links were broken in the update to wbb4.1 the first time and now again with wbb5. We got informed that they can't get fixed, but atleast google should get a request to update their links soon.

Spir1t I wouldn't say shit, but that there is a lot of room for improvement. And I'm with you on the part that the previous board looked and worked better on mobile.

Signatur
    Board Admin ORG

Origin Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief

• Two thinks:

- Earlier there was an option of BBCode editor or WYSIWYG. Now it's either HTML or WYSIWYG. Is HTML really that much better, considering how prevalent BBCode is (Most fora use it)? In my experience it's also much easier to break stuff with HTML than BBCode, and Woltlab has not been good at keeping their fora non-broken by simple BBCode.

- With the merged sub-fora, many forum rules are just dropped together in the same forum, potentially causing confusion. Could the rules not in effect be marked or unpinned until it's sorted out?

Destiny will Prevail.
    aka Chu, Chuwie, Chuthlhu, Legend Reborn, LR. Mod, GMod, NoAlly Alumni, Doctor of Evil, Ph.D., Baron of Roleplay, Viscount of Discussion, OBE.
    Nostalgia - it's not what it used to be.

• It isn't the real HTML but a modified version from woltlab. A lot of things are removed that would normally be possible in HTML. And as you might have guessed already, Woltlab removed the BBCode editor in wbb5 completly and replaced it with this HTML version and there is no way we are going to get back the old one :/

But on a positive note: You can still use the BBCodes if you know them, the editor still understands them, but only correctly displays them in the preview/posted post.

The rules thing has been done, they are marked accordingly. They will probably be updated within the next week if everything goes to plan.

Signatur
    Board Admin ORG

Origin Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief

• This being Woltlab, I have serious concerns about introducing any HTML elements. IIRC any html, script and css capabilities were restricted to GMods, SMods and BAs back when I was staff exactly because it's fairly easy to break stuff in a major way with those tools, and it's never needed when you have BBCode. Do you know why Woltlab removed the BBCode editor?

Another thing I noticed: Where has the edit button gone? I tried to edit a spelling mistake in my post above, but from what I can see I don't have an edit button on any of my posts anymore. What gives?

Destiny will Prevail.
    aka Chu, Chuwie, Chuthlhu, Legend Reborn, LR. Mod, GMod, NoAlly Alumni, Doctor of Evil, Ph.D., Baron of Roleplay, Viscount of Discussion, OBE.
    Nostalgia - it's not what it used to be.