Feedback+Issues: WBB5

• IIRC any html, script and css capabilities were restricted to GMods, SMods and BAs

With the introduction of wbb4 that got even stricter and got changed to only me and noone else. I've played around with "html" editor a bit and so far couldn't find a way to do harmfull stuff with it that you couldn't do with the bbcode editor too. The functions are really restrictive, for example you can't use script and iframes at all, css is limited to some inline code, even from tables the row/colspan function got removed. And no idea why woltlab removed it, I just know that it made a bunch of people angry/mad.

The edittime is the same time the board blocks your from creating a new post in the thread, which is 30 minutes. That was introduced with wbb4 too as the board doesn't block you from editing your old posts after you posted again which lead to confusion.

Signatur
    Board Admin ORG

Origin Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief

• Yeah big issue now the .de board has switched to the new software and well it saying my user name don't exist

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
    ogame.support.gameforge.com/en

• With the introduction of wbb4 that got even stricter and got changed to only me and noone else. I've played around with "html" editor a bit and so far couldn't find a way to do harmfull stuff with it that you couldn't do with the bbcode editor too. The functions are really restrictive, for example you can't use script and iframes at all, css is limited to some inline code, even from tables the row/colspan function got removed. And no idea why woltlab removed it, I just know that it made a bunch of people angry/mad.

The edittime is the same time the board blocks your from creating a new post in the thread, which is 30 minutes. That was introduced with wbb4 too as the board doesn't block you from editing your old posts after you posted again which lead to confusion.

I believe one former mod managed to create code that did give him complete access to all admin functions. Hence the restrictions.

Nobody of the still active, not newly registered people, except maybe Cass and bibob will miss you

oZM3SIa.png

• I believe one former mod managed to create code that did give him complete access to all admin functions. Hence the restrictions.

I know and like I said the HTML that can be used is restricted in a lot of ways and I'm pretty sure what he did isn't possible anymore because otherwise someone would have noticed in the few years that wbb5 is out already.

Signatur
    Board Admin ORG

Origin Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief

• Yeah big issue now the .de board has switched to the new software and well it saying my user name don't exist

A few months ago the CoMa purged not used accounts. If you hadn't logged in a while up to then it got deleted.

Gone as BA.

Thank you ruby_kirby, you are a true artist. :)
    Be head to serve, not to reign(Bernard von Clairvaux)

• A few months ago the CoMa purged not used accounts. If you hadn't logged in a while up to then it got deleted.

more than likely thats what happened been 15 18 months since my last log in there

I'm not pretty I'm not graceful I am the inevitable fact of truth.there is no unwinnable situation.
    ogame.support.gameforge.com/en

• Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of all that unnecessary junk on the right hand side.

I am not one of those people with a phone welded to my hand or ear and I avoid social media like the plague.

~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~
    exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• You can't get rid of it. I requested it multiple times now to get "Social Media" Box removed in places where only it gets displayed. So far nothing has happened.

Signatur
    Board Admin ORG

Origin Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief

• Oh well, I guess this is my last visit to the Forum - another nail in the Ogame coffin.

Why do they have to fix things that ain't broke yet ignoring all the things that are wrong with the game.

~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~
    exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of all that unnecessary junk on the right hand side.

I am not one of those people with a phone welded to my hand or ear and I avoid social media like the plague.

As you might have noticed, that junk is gone in threads and conversations. Thats all we could get after some negotiations. (Sidenote: The CoMas couldn't change it as we discovered afterwards)

Signatur
    Board Admin ORG

Origin Admin
    OGame-Tech Chief

• Sorry, but I can not find how to edit my old posts. How can I do ?

Now you're gonna have to go through hell. Worse than any nightmare you ever dreamed.
    But in the end, I know you'll be the one standing. You know what you have to do.
    Do it ! Do it !