Changing the Server Settings

• I think to keep this server interesting and playable, plus prepare for the future merge we need to change the server settings.

I would suggest 6x eco and 8x research.

what does everyone think? Can we make this happen?

the-adversarysig2a.jpg?width=450&height=278&crop=fill

• i think this could work, however im not sure if the right people would even read these so probably won't help :( uni is dying fast

"Don't ever hunt what you can't possibly kill"

DOP

• I'd be aginst such a sharp increase in the economy speed. X3 or x4 would be enough.

The chill pace here is kinda nice I think

Found my old sig, credit go's to Delta ( not sure if he is even around still xD )

• Personally I would go for x6 econ and x12 research

Lets get on a level with other unis we may potentially merge with at some point in the future.

~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~
    exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• Personaly I play on this server BECOUSE of the slow speed. It fits me perfectly, and I think many others with me.
    I know it is something that sadly "must" happen for a future merge but the Uni is still so young so would say not yet.

+ not until we have been given a good enough time to preper for it.

• As above. I chose this uni for the slow speed. Maybe a small increase in economy to keep us chugging along but I would be against changing anything else.

NOW PROVIDING A FREE FLEET

:quote:RECYCLING SERVICE:quote: 

• yes as others stated.

I would of picked any other uni If I wanted high speed gameplay.

I picked this uni for the slower pace of play, reminds me of OG ogame.

Its annoying playing a faster version of the game, I can at least chill here and think out stuff calmy without everything going overboard on speed.

Personally it would be wise to increase speeds of everything (Expect fleet) A month prior to the merge so we can at least catch up to others.

a 2X eco is perfect for me, I wouldnt mind a 3X Eco speed but anything above and ill probably honestly quit out of not liking it and dissapointment...

• Hey Galatea,

A guy from Dorado here, I think our unis would be merge, at least it makes the most sense. You are even ahead of us kinda, haven't log in recently to to check, so more specs are unlikely to be given by GF, unless they want to put 1 uni is serious disadvantage. This said, this is GF, they dont care so. Gl on whatever happes

Retired.

4522-alphadragon-jpg

• I understand what you’re say Indi and I think a lot of people play this uni for the same reason.

My issue is with the inevitable merge that we’ll have and that it will almost certainly be with a more established uni. We will all become the minnows in a bigger pond with I suspect faster fleet speeds as well. It’s what GF does to it’s loyal players.

A month of a faster eco will make no difference when the uni we are merging with is a year or 2 newer.

I don’t want faster fleet here, but I am concerned for the long term plan.

• Adjusting the econ and research speeds does not disadvantage existing players and could induce more people to join our Uni.

Failing to adjust asap could or maybe will disadvantage us in any upcoming merger and we will never catch up.

exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• As long as fleet speed stays the same - dealing with Himalia speeds would render this game unplayable to my. Playing this server for nostalgic reasons mostly, not to have a "crash boom bang" Ogaming experience.
    - Since I have not played for a good deal of years, how often does GF merge uni's these days? Back in the day they'd let servers run a good deal of time before merging, so is it likely that a merger will take place say within this year?

• As long as fleet speed stays the same - dealing with Himalia speeds would render this game unplayable to my. Playing this server for nostalgic reasons mostly, not to have a "crash boom bang" Ogaming experience.
    - Since I have not played for a good deal of years, how often does GF merge uni's these days? Back in the day they'd let servers run a good deal of time before merging, so is it likely that a merger will take place say within this year?

no chance of it being with in the year....typically a uni would have to be at least 2 years old if not more

Found my old sig, credit go's to Delta ( not sure if he is even around still xD )

• March of 2016, the fall of 2018 and yes.. It's likely that GF might merge servers due in late 2020, i suppose.

As for server settings, I agree that flight speed suits our life style. It remains the same.

But, how to survive in advanced uni after merge? Dropping out of Top 100..

I support 12x Research / 6x Economy.

Reason?

At the rates of newer servers that are a few months old are getting close to surpassing us at rates that took many of us years to get where we are.

Thus, there should be no objections to increase.

Would you wanna merge to 5 years old server (4x Eco) ?

If you hesitate to vote, please take a look at the 2018 merge list.

• Pollux

All that being said, I dont think a merge would come anytime soon unless its super duper desperate, so maybe we can re-think are actions-decisions on a later date...

Oh and gameforge need to stop dicking around, having 20+ servers at this stage of ogame is dumb as FK, They should cap it at 5-7 until ogame dies for good in a decade or so.

Having multiple servers for minor changes worked back then, but today it thins out the playerbase incredibly fast to the point we are already talking about merging within not even 3-4 months of Galatea being open just shows how desperate we need the playerbase to stick together in a handful of servers only...

Not only that but when Merges do finally occur a lot of players quit because of modified elements in which they dont agree with is an unfortunate side effect...

Look at other games that have Paid DLC, CoD, BF, theres playlists that are not even played anymore because of it (thinning out the player base)

This is the EXACT Same sht happening to ogame. They need to solidify to 5-7 servers Permanently each with their own quirks and rules that would benefit everyones prefered style.

No more opening new servers and leaving the old ones to die out quick...

No everyone wants to start fresh just for it to die out again in a few months. The beauty of Ogames gameplay is longevity of building high mines, research levels, huge ass fleets without it being crashed, turtling etc... None of these are possible when new servers get pumped out and old players are sick of restarting or quitting in their original servers since theres no fishes to fish and all their friends have gone off as a result..

I mean look at the old servers here at the current online players 9-15, ?? Thats FUCKING Pathetic. Back in the original ogame youd have around 300-500 PLayers online at any given time.

Edited 4 times, last by Indi ().

• Nobody that plays this game would disagree with what you are saying.

Unfortunately new servers generate more money for GF so they will keep coming at the same rate. This will cause thinning of players which means there will be future merges.

Merging uni's cuts costs and frees capacity for the new uni's that make money. None of these things will ever change.

We need to prepare for the future that is coming.

• In view of the upcoming changes to the game and the declining player base, especially as .org has only 5500 active players, and with the prospect of mergers next year.......

Perhaps it is time to dust the cobwebs off this thread and revisit the subject of Galatea specs. NO CHANGE TO FLEET SPEED.

piink

Can we please have a poll for the following -

Econ to lvl 6

Research to lvl 12

I repeat, NO CHANGE TO FLEET SPEED - this is just so we are not too far behind other unis that could form part of a potential merger.

exiledvulcan.jpg
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• Apologies, I meant x6 Econ and x12 Research

exiledvulcan.jpg
    ~~ RIP 7007+