Inactivity, does gameforge delete accounts?

• Sup yall, totally forgot about this game, decided to browse the forums and noticed ppl still play. For shits and giggles, I decided to login only to find that my account has been deleted.

Is this possible lol? I've spent like $50 USD on this shit browser game.. I figured real $$ would allow me to at least keep my account in vmode for a few months.. I think i vmodded back in March,.

Just a friendly miner with no fleet at all.

• If there’s no purchased DM on the account when 30 days inactivity passes then deletion can occur. DM purchased and spent in the past has no bearing on the present, it needs to still be on the account

• I didnt notice you are deleted, I saw someone got deleted few days back.

But anyway, you wouldnt survive a day even if you came back. Either got crushed or ended in v-mode, so this situation is win win for you in the end :)

Enjoy in rl and summer.

Cya

• Just to clarify:

An account without purchased DM will be deleted after 35 days of inactivity.

An account with purchased DM will never be deleted.

Note that there is a difference between purchased & found DM.

Hover your cursor over the DM icon to check if your DM is found or purchased

As you can see on the picture above, then that account would be deleted after 35 days of inactivity.

• Thanks for the replies everyone.

I am like 99% sure I had purchased DM left on my account. Real slimy from Gameforge but it's alright, it gives me the opportunity to throw this game away for good and know that Gameforge games are a waste of time.

Peace out.

Gameforge, congrats on losing another customer.

• BeefyZealot I am sorry to say this but you are wrong. If your account was deleted, then it was because you didn't have any purchased dm, so man up and quit blaming Gameforge for your obvious mistake.

I know it sucks but there is no point in making a scene

• It's still a technicality and dumb. "Oh u purchased last month but not this month so now u get deleted after 6-8 months of game time".

Like i said tho, they did me a favor, it was a huge time sink.

• Parsec you actually aren't right. OGame prioritizes spending bought instead of found DM first, which is pretty annoying because it will force you to buy more if you need to take a long vacation or w/e, maybe someone will want to come back after a year, who knows.

Name changes... Personality stays the same

• Parsec you actually aren't right. OGame prioritizes spending bought instead of found DM first, which is pretty annoying because it will force you to buy more if you need to take a long vacation or w/e, maybe someone will want to come back after a year, who knows.

What aren't i right about? :confused:

What you describe there is a good thing. Older uni's have a serious problem with slots being taken up by perm vmode accounts. Imagine how hard it would be to find a good slot to colonize on if they didn't do it in this manner?

• You said if his account was deleted, it was because he didn't purchase any DM. It's stupid to delete accounts that people invested money into. To run an ogame server you need a calculator with LAN connection port, that's about it and again, one (or multiple) accounts do not really make it harder for server to run.

With unis that have VM overpopulation problem, I would delete accounts after a year or so (this would easily solve uni1 problem), not 35 days and again, if someone already invested their money into an account, at least make it so the game prioritizes spending FOUND DM first and not bought DM because someone might have like 4887 DM left after buying 100k, they might think they're fine because there's still DM left and GF then deletes their accounts without their knowledge.

If my account was deleted I would very much be pissed, I invested probably around 30$ in total in it so far and have had the only found DM scenario countless times, so if I was careless, my account would already have been deleted. I've had a season job to do and barely had any time to login.

GF always likes pushing shitty policies, they never seem to care about their users. Not one bit.

• Correction, I said If he didn't have purchased dm, his account would have been deleted.

In regards to the rest, then that is your opinion, as I and many others are happy it works like that.

• I've had a season job to do and barely had any time to login.

I don't see the huge issue here?

Login requires less than 2 minutes. Do it once a week and nothing goes wrong.

Ong7Kn6.png
    SGO - Bellatrix & Quantum & Oberon & Cosmos & Vega & Janice
    Specific In game issue? Please use the ticket system

• I have yet to hear a person that is happy about their account being deleted despite investing in it, not just time, but money as well.

There is definitely better solutions than deleting it and prioritizing spending purchased instead of found DM is just trolling by GFs side. It's misleading and in my opinion at least there should be a notification upon entering VM that you don't have purchased DM and your account is eligible for deletion.

There is literally no info when your account might be deleted, under what conditions and you have to buy DM to realize yourself that it prioritizes spending purchased DM over found DM.

I don't see the huge issue here?

Login requires less than 2 minutes. Do it once a week and nothing goes wrong.

How don't you see the issue?

There is absolutely no overpopulation problem except in oldest unis to 'force' you to do this. You open servers like supermarkets every two months or more often, every new server after a year has typically less than 50 active players, and you clean the uni further lol

• LOL, this post is hilarious only in the fact that there are so many more pressing issues to be dealt with with regards to this game than people who have not found out on their own how the game works, information which is freely available if you just look for it, or even easier just ask someone else they can tell you.

I have never ever, not once purchased DM in the 10 plus years I have played, and guess what I have never had an account just delete, and I have sometimes been in v-mode in some universes for months and months and months because rl is busy and I can't be bothered,

If you don't want your account to delete, log in every 30 days at least, put a reminder on your phone if it's that important to you.

• are you actually using the fact that gameforge hasn't done almost anything in recent years to improve the game to prove my point wrong?

I never got my account deleted accidentally either, but as you can see people have. 3 months is not a huge period of time and account shouldn't be deleted that early.

What if someone suffers a traffic accident and ends up in a hospital for months or something else? Simply setting the priority to spending found DM first is a one minute solution that would easily solve this problem if the user ever bought any DM.

• I never got my account deleted accidentally either

No one has gotten "accidently" deleted. They didn't log in for 35 days, that's called quitting.

....and I have no idea where you've been but there have been a lot of changes in the game in the past two years.

Ong7Kn6.png

• Yes, there have been mechanics changes and honestly I'm not into content adding and changes too much so that's fine, but cheaters and botters are running rampart, accounts are being sold etc. and no one is doing anything. But that's not really the topic of conversation so no need to go into details :)

• Yes, there have been mechanics changes and honestly I'm not into content adding and changes too much so that's fine, but cheaters and botters are running rampart, accounts are being sold etc. and no one is doing anything. But that's not really the topic of conversation so no need to go into details

Whut?

So now you're ok with minor changes after you said there were no changes? I'm confused...? :unsure:

As to the rest, no, it's not the topic but you've brought it up so I'll have a say at that :

I can speak with confidence that if you know of a "cheater, botter, or account seller" in one of my Universes you can report that through the ticket system and my GOs or I will act accordingly if there is evidence to support such a claim. I'm sure the other SGOs would welcome such a lead as well.

We don't ban on rumors or speculations so while we'll investigate any lead thrown our way, I don't promise to ban everyone you report based on flimsy evidence.

Not doing anything? Well, sorry to inform you that's far from correct. I could talk about how many hours I put in this week, how many tickets I resolved, how many warnings issued, how many bans I made...but like you said....there's probably no need to go into details.

And lastly, if you feel the staff is weak and needs help, we have applications open if you think you can make a positive difference.

Ong7Kn6.png