phalanx enemy fleet cargo scanner for fleet admiral.

• Ok the suggestion is as follow's to add a enemy cargo scanner that only shows the total resources an enemy fleet can carry. with less than or equal esp. tech

if your esp. tech is higher than the scanned player it will show you the total amount of resources on board but not what type of resources they are.
    this can be an addition to the fleet admiral officer.'s ability . aside from combat situations and the 2 additional fleet slots. a fleet admiral will be able to tell if a targeted fleet is carring cargo from how they fly and maneuver while in flight.

the first part is easy since all ship types have a basic starting point for resource holds.

the second part can be calculated buy the out gassing from the engines since the phalanx measures gases across the spectrum. depending on how much out gassing an enemy fleet is emitting determines the amount of weight to thrust ratio is being used for (X) amount of resource,s

this doe's not over power the phalanx but gives players a general idea of what they may or may not get from a fleet crash.

with out giving away what the scanned player has per resource in the holds. just an idea. of what may be there.

• Ok so you just happen to notice activity on a planet no moon never probed the player before and lanx and see fleet. then probe cause you have time.

but the turtelish defenses there give you cause for pause due to unsure profitability .

since you can't see what the fleet is carrying back to that planet on it's return leg.

with this you can have a general idea of profit no profit. not an assumption and a loss. even though some times profit is over rated. when dealing with some players or long time rivals. it is no different than paying for resources with RW moneis

• Hmm... i think ogame has enough premium features already. no need to buff them further.

In regards to the idea behind the proposal, then i think Tony Montana made a good point. If you want to know what they are hoarding, then you need to watch the target and find out.

If that causes you to miss 1 chance because you aren't sure if you will profit or not due to his defense, well then that's a worthy sacrifice for not getting everything handed to us.

g5JBGO0.png

Edited once, last by Parsec ().

• This would exclusively advantage higher ranked fleeters and DM buyers at the detriment of everyone else.

What is needed is the very opposite - something that would level the playing field.

Hard no from me

"Ice is a cool guy"

• Ok Ok I do understand how some of you feel about the idea how ever. and I do see we're you're coming from .

Utilizing high-resolution sensors, the Sensor Phalanx first scans the spectrum of light, composition of gases, and radiation emissions from a distant world and transmits the data to a supercomputer for processing. Once the information is obtained, the supercomputer compares changes in the spectrum, gas composition, and radiation emissions, to a base line chart of known changes of the spectrum created by various ship movements. The resulting data then displays activity of any fleet within the range of the phalanx. ..

I think that this is a must premium or free for the simple fact not using this idea is blocking the phalanx from doing it's full job and ability in it's description for one

two not allowing this is no different than taking the tires and wheels off you're bike,car,truck and trying to go some where. it ain't happening

three. clear English >>>>>> if you see activity and never probed them before<<<< even if you still probe the planet you wont have any clue about whats in the fleet yeah ok even if you have seen the fleet but resources we're some where else at the time you got no clue as to what may be in the holds. other than what you first saw and logged. So again driving with no wheels.

• Dreadnought I don't see where in the description it says that phalanx are able to scan inside enemy ships?

I did not say see inside the cargo holds > I said to be able to see the average potential resource amount from the phalanx's base line values it has from its development. in its description.

Ok the suggestion is as follow's to add a enemy cargo scanner that only shows the total resources an enemy fleet can carry. with less than or equal esp. tech

• If attacker is good, is able to study defenders and to understand if he is moving resources or no.

Give this power at phalanx is only an help for the attacker that don't study enemy.

For example i can divide my ships and to have 1-2 fleets without resources and one with resources ......... too easy to know what fleets is full.

• If attacker is good, is able to study defenders and to understand if he is moving resources or no.

Give this power at phalanx is only an help for the attacker that don't study enemy.

For example i can divide my ships and to have 1-2 fleets without resources and one with resources ......... too easy to know what fleets is full.

It does not show resources just resources may be there just. from the average of resources a fleet can carry empty or full. Also yes if a player is mindful and has watched a target yeah they will be with in a few k of whats there on an estimate how ever seeing activity from a player just in lanx range you naver have probed before this can be a beneficial tool advancement. buy allowing it to perform its full job and title description.

• Ok the suggestion is as follow's to add a enemy cargo scanner that only shows the total resources an enemy fleet can carry. with less than or equal esp. tech

I remember exactly that first time you wanted to know what was inside ships, then you wanted to know only amount of total resources .......... now instead you want only to know if 100 cargo can trasnsport 2.500.000 or 3.000.000 ?

from the average of resources a fleet can carry empty or full

empty is 0 , full is for example 3.000.000 , so average is 1.500.000 and so we lose time to discuss about this ?

It seems to me that you want some very important information from the phalanx ........ but since no one is favorable, then you try to make it seem that the information you want is less important

• I remember exactly that first time you wanted to know what was inside ships, then you wanted to know only amount of total resources .......... now instead you want only to know if 100 cargo can trasnsport 2.500.000 or 3.000.000 ?

empty is 0 , full is for example 3.000.000 , so average is 1.500.000 and so we lose time to discuss about this ?

It seems to me that you want some very important information from the phalanx ........ but since no one is favorable, then you try to make it seem that the information you want is less important

No what I mean is fleet has a total cargo space of 300,000 units and keep it in context about you're interpretation of what I meant . Is it's so obscene to omit a vital and factual part of what the phalanx can do. in order to nerf the effectiveness of the exact definition of what the phalanx was made to do. More so since the base line readings they derived for the phalanx is based off small cargo's, large cargo's and so on. While based off that value gained through the testing measurements of anomalous , out gassing created buy those very test ships . and any test scans would have been done with the test ships loaded and unloaded. Alike or the phalanx would not have been worth development to an empire.

• I think the Phalanx should also let you know about the bowel movements of the ship's crewmembers, I mean obviously if the scanner can scan for gas movements and all that shit, we should have access to this data!!!

"Ice is a cool guy"

• the description of the black death, says that it is as big as a small moon .......... so of black death we can only have about ten per planet, right? It works so true? We are all ready to think that a planet cannot have thousands of moon.

Just to say, that is true, the phalanx could give you all the information you ask .......... but this does not mean that it is a good choice for the game.

• Ok so buy several statements made here the best thing to do would be remove the phalanx then. and ships and storage caps for resource tanks and facilities. more so .since I am asking about adding in the information of how much a fleet can carry NOT WHAT IT IS CARRYING ) I mean yeah some would like to see whats inside I just think it is more balanced to see what a fleet can carry I mean lets not forget we can see the cargo a friendly fleet is sending when its not our ships after all. in this aspect you can't have one with out the other. or we don't need either. since we get a transport report after a friendly delivers goods. so there is no point in a friendly cargo scanner then buy you're own admission.

• Calm down and take a couple of deep breaths Dreadnought

No one wants phalanx to be removed. We just don't agree with you that those changes would benefit or are necessary the game.

Also if I'm not mistaken then it's Commander and not phalanx that tells us the content of a friendly fleet, so I hardly see that as justification for added the feature to enemy fleets based on that.

g5JBGO0.png

• Calm down and take a couple of deep breaths Dreadnought

No one wants phalanx to be removed. We just don't agree with you that those changes would benefit or are necessary the game.

Also if I'm not mistaken then it's Commander and not phalanx that tells us the content of a friendly fleet, so I hardly see that as justification for added the feature to enemy fleets based on that.

LOL I am fine but if a phalanx works to see friendly cargo it should at least tell you how much an enemy fleet can potentially carry.

• LOL I am fine but if a phalanx works to see friendly cargo it should at least tell you how much an enemy fleet can potentially carry.

You are confusing Phalanx with the "Transport scanner" feature from commander.

The transport scanner allows you to see what friendly fleets are carrying to your colonies but only from your regular fleet overview and is usable on accounts without any phalanx buildings, which means they are 2 completely independent features.

g5JBGO0.png

• LOL I am fine but if a phalanx works to see friendly cargo it should at least tell you how much an enemy fleet can potentially carry.

You are confusing Phalanx with the "Transport scanner" feature from commander.

The transport scanner allows you to see what friendly fleets are carrying to your colonies but only from your regular fleet overview and is usable on accounts without any phalanx buildings, which means they are 2 completely independent features.

well a transport scanner works through the phalanx does it not other wise. we would not have a phalanx. and yes I know you said cargo scanner from commander. Now how does the cargo scanner for commander work with out a phalanx. one/ two I am again saying that with all the info you get from a phalanx the potential cargo space should be part of that information.

since the cargo scanner feature of the commander would be null and void with out a phalanx. to make it work. /three you just proved my point commander has a cargo scanner for friendly fleets its a feature, yes it is so why not this would help with new phal;anx levels and new targets in perview new players that don't know the game math for large numbers of cargos. and ships.