New Beginnings: A thread

• OK so if you switch to discover to gain extra planet fields, and you build beyond the limits of non-discover fields, and then switch from discover to something else, you're just prevented from building on that planet until you switch back or deconstruct a bunch of stuff? That seems like a broken mechanic to me (no more broken than it applying permanently if you have it for a day to be fair, neither looks like a good way of running it...)

• We don't have a lot of infos about discoverer class yet.

OK so if you switch to discover to gain extra planet fields, and you build beyond the limits of non-discover fields, and then switch from discover to something else, you're just prevented from building on that planet until you switch back or deconstruct a bunch of stuff?

Probably.

Leader of MINERS (uni. Zibal)

• Hey everyone...

Does this leaked document contain the different classes and ships and what each of their abilities do? If so is there any chance I could see a copy of it?

If not could someone post a list of what each class there is and what each new ship can do?

Cheers

ps I know it must be somewhere in this thread but I cant find it...

• Most of the information is already out, there are some details left but as this pdf is old, and GF got feedback from community they changed almost everything in terms of numbers and %. So just sit back and enjoy it. In next 20 days I think we will know everything including launch date because next month it's GF birthday so they'll prepare it for then.

• Can u send us from DM?

• so you wanna say that planets all 13 or 14 of them ppl spend years to build are gonna be meaningless compared to new ones?

kinda same thing with 3position planet -->15 position planet strategy. I spent like 3years building my account to current level, a lot of calculations with energy tech/mines, totaly different building route because with amazing dex minning you dont want crystal mine to be super high ( due to 1.6 increased cost per level instead of 1.5 and also large energy consumption). I basically had to count energy as 4th resource and try to work around it to gain profit with this strategy. Ended up with 13x 270+ space places, which is good, but not excellent.

And then they allowed all ppl to switch their planet possition, so according to this change- my 14th got 330 space when work I had to do was almost nothing compared to previous ones.

So let`s say- I wouldn`t be supriced if this change only applies to new planets.

I feel that pain, except i started my pos 3 -> pos 15, back in 2011, before they increased the pos 3 max sizes from 139 to 182. When i finally had my 12 planet the max size was increased. so i am currently sitting on pos 15 with an old miner acc(381 m points), with 235 fields(French Galatea +25 fields and lvl 13 terraformers). per planet. all those changes have been an insane ripoff, considering the investment of reallife money into dark matter. I just hope they are not planning on adding some new building that requires the use of all those new extra slots. doesnt help that all my precision relocation to places with good inactives were disrupted by a merge last year.

• so you wanna say that planets all 13 or 14 of them ppl spend years to build are gonna be meaningless compared to new ones?

kinda same thing with 3position planet -->15 position planet strategy. I spent like 3years building my account to current level, a lot of calculations with energy tech/mines, totaly different building route because with amazing dex minning you dont want crystal mine to be super high ( due to 1.6 increased cost per level instead of 1.5 and also large energy consumption). I basically had to count energy as 4th resource and try to work around it to gain profit with this strategy. Ended up with 13x 270+ space places, which is good, but not excellent.

And then they allowed all ppl to switch their planet possition, so according to this change- my 14th got 330 space when work I had to do was almost nothing compared to previous ones.

So let`s say- I wouldn`t be supriced if this change only applies to new planets.

I feel that pain, except i started my pos 3 -> pos 15, back in 2011, before they increased the pos 3 max sizes from 139 to 182. When i finally had my 12 planet the max size was increased. so i am currently sitting on pos 15 with an old miner acc(381 m points), with 235 fields(French Galatea +25 fields and lvl 13 terraformers). per planet. all those changes have been an insane ripoff, considering the investment of reallife money into dark matter. I just hope they are not planning on adding some new building that requires the use of all those new extra slots. doesnt help that all my precision relocation to places with good inactives were disrupted by a merge last year.

Totally unfair move by GF

I am makeing Silverwind's days

• the leak will not give any more information from now on

because we now have the images color of the ships détails and corresponding classes

the revelation of a marketplace with some important changelogs on today's gameplay ... so ?

moreover it will not change anything because whatever happens the maj will release at the same time for everyone with before that

all the information made written as the example Dock or v6.

• Can we expect from Gameforge to expand the honour points system? It currently serves little to no purpose.

Honor point/system works like this...
    If you attack lower players and earn negative points anyone who attack you will reap 100% of your res, If you have positive honor points you get 50%.
    That is all it does, The ranks and points are just for show, you do not gain anything other than status that NO ONE CARES ABOUT!

Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006

• It kind of balances things out. I don't think honor system needs to get any more complicated than it already is.

Basically, if you take little risks by attacking lower ranked players with much weaker military than yours, you lose points. If you attack someone of your caliber or close, you gain the points.

If you attack a target that is within your caliber, you get 25% extra loot which is great because it usually requires less followups to collect all res and in mid game usually this means 2 waves to get all resources off the planet as the rest will be probably low/no profit hits.

If you molest weaker players all the time, and this especially happens a lot in didf unis, you get into honor point hell and people can easily farm you overnight, even more if you add defense.

If you attack stronger players, you get a break and have an option of investing hp into auctioneer, molesting weaker players for free.

Why is that so bad?

Without it people could freely bash people 6 time per planet farming every bit of resources and destroying every bit of defense on the planet without any penalty.

• lol Honor points are fine the way they are. The most honor points you get, the more weaker players you can attack without getting negative(Bandit) and it can also be used in the auction.
    It's use is simple and doesn't need any changes.

-Same with vmode. Vmode also doesn't need any changes. Cry all you want...

The changes we need are these:

-Laser Tech: Make it have some meaning beyond level 12, like you did with Hyperspace tech. So many ideas(good or bad) I've read linked to this tech. It shocks that none have been implemented yet.
    -Graviton Tech: Same as above... Make it as a requirement for the Graviton Cannon defensive unit. Yes, I know it's coming baby, sooner or later.
    -Solar Plant: ... Make it useful, currently it's either going for Sats or Fusion Reactors.
    -Alliance Depot: Remove it from the game entirely or change it's settings... It's completely useless right now.
    -Make international Minimum Trade Rates at 2.5:1.5:1 and Max, obviously, like the merchants, at 3:2:1.
    -Add the possibility to build a Nanite on a moon. Currently it's way too easy to destroy moons and you cannot defend it propperly(more like, AT ALL) overnight unless you are a DarkMatter spammer.

-Android App... ... ... ... ... ..

And while it's not needed I would also suggest changing the way points are distributed on the score board.

Like, why, in the bloody hell, are defence units associated with economy points? Why can you see the amount of ships of someone's military yet you don't even have a Tab for Defensive units? Why are cargo's points split between military and economy?

Just make it simple:

Main tabs:
    1. Overall Points (Everything)
    2. Research Points (Only researches... Obviously)
    3. Economy Points (Everything in the "Resources" Main Tab, including Storages, Solar Sats, Crawlers and the facilities that give you energy)
    4. Building Points (Everything in the "Facilities" Main Tab)
    5. Military Points (Current Military points, any ship that can fly out of the planet and any defensive unit)
    5.1. Military Points Build
    5.2. Military Points Destroyed
    5.3. Military Points Lost
    5.4. Defence Points (All defensive units you have currently)
    5.5. Honor Points

^Is it THIS hard? I mean, you can give away how many ships each player has but not how much defence they have? I've been confused, so many times with a fleeter when all I have is a turtle and some cargos. Maybe people think my low number of ships is RIPs or something? This would be cleared if we had a Military Defence tab as well.

• 5.4. Defense Points (All defensive units you have currently)
    5.4.1 Combat ship ( points in combat ships)
    5.4.2 Civil Ships ( points in civil ships )
    If you want to add in defense points then you need to add in the sub categories of combat and civil ships.
    There should be zero reasons why we should not be able to see a break down in those stats, You get them from esp reports and they are point related.
    I am optional about listing the number of civil and combat ships. As if one person only has civil ships then you will know that they have a large cargo fleet.
    Either way its a nice idea.
    Years ago the point rank system was based off the ratio, That I recall... Today it is based off 1k res used and in no relation to MSU.

Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006

• The thing i like in OGame is that to "know your enemy" you have to do something to get info about him. In two words: Study him.

If you can have all info you need by a menù then what is the point of esp research and the probes? Just to see the targetted planet/moon you are going to attack?

Where is the study?

I think that is good enough like it is now.

Not counting mmorpg help us a lot.

• The thing i like in OGame is that to "know your enemy" you have to do something to get info about him. In two words: Study him.

If you can have all info you need by a menù then what is the point of esp research and the probes? Just to see the targetted planet/moon you are going to attack?

Where is the study?

I think that is good enough like it is now.

Not counting mmorpg help us a lot.

You can get the same info on mmporg ogame...

If you can easily acess it there, and it's legal, why not just have it in the game?