Perma-banned, so, erm, bye?

• I went to log in this morning and I've been banned until 2038 for a second breach of VPN/Proxy use :hmm: Now, I received a warning a while back but I WAS NOT USING A VPN, the first time or the second time. However I haven't even served a ban for this before! Not a two week ban, not a three day ban, nothing. Just straight permanent ban. How can this be? I put all my time and effort into my account, only yesterday I passed 100k BCs and two weeks ago I got the fast recs. So I am very disappointed by this decision as it is completely unfounded, but whoever reported me, you got what you wanted. I know it will make a lot of players very happy, such is and has been my playing style.

Well if I don't see you, it's been fun :dance

• Wow! GLIRL I suppose. Strange they can do a perma for “VPN” but can’t do a perma for scripts. Oh well, that’s GF for ya.

“War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”
    Clittle.jpg

Ex- Gmod... don’t bother me anymore

• How are you playing the game Tyler? ie. at home on PC or via smartphone or connect to web at coffee shop etc etc ... ?

A bit of everything really. I had an issue because the particular phone provider I use is based in another part of the UK, so when I log in on my home computer and I log in on my phone it has me in two places quite far from one another. I do have a VPN on my computer, but I use it for watching Premier League football and NFL. I don't use it for OGame. My issue is more with the fact that I was warned and then given a permanent ban when every other player seems to get a two week ban in the middle of that. I've raised a ticket asking for my ban to be reduced to the two week one which would allow me time to sort it out with my Internet provider and my phone service provider. I also use WiFi in work, god knows what my IP shows up as. I don't know who even provides my work with the WiFi but I can certainly find out.

I am genuinely gutted though, no point denying it. The time and energy I put into my account, the size of fleet I had built up. It was part of my daily routine and when I think of some of the things that go on in the uni, I don't think I deserve to lose my account and all my hard work on a permanent basis. Not getting my hopes up though.

• I wish you luck man, GF can be very unreasonable and stubborn but I hope this is not your case.

Clittle said it right, cheats get a slap on the wrist while you lose your account over an IP issue....

• That sucks. I preempted this by opening a ticket letting them know I travel frequently, login via phone, cafe wifi, home, work etc.

You should elevate the ticket to a GA for review if it's already been reviewed by a SGO.

• Tyler - go onto the PC, phone and when at Work and then Google "show my ip-address" ... find one that returns back a physical location and send that to GF ... a lot of companies might use a VPN/Proxy as do coffee shops / hotels etc etc ... good to see the ban lifted btw

Asimov_Laws.jpg

Best Solo - 21.1 bn Profit - Uni1.org
    Best ACS - 320 bn Profit - Uni1.org

• Also if you are logged in on a mobile device and it updates then you re-log the I.P. changes as well Tyler and that can be a bit confusing too. another hosting site for gaming or movies or music.

As well as most companies Wi-fi rotates I.P.s to help prevent phishing and sniffing other folks devices. from out side sources.

and if you are using robokiller to prevent robo calls that will produce the same issue random I.P. changes from Ur mobile device.

and if you have any vpn settings or applications in you're phone or desk top turn them off. in setting's disable them as well so when a restart happens they don't get triggered

<< lenovo issue.

And having said all that had they not modified the vacation you got Tyler I would have been more than happy to give you a restart package . no matter how much garbage we have trolled each other with Tyler . because after all it is in good fun.

• OK, all things I will bear in mind. Had a few offers in the past of high ranked accounts, higher ranked than my own, but which would mean joining the alliance they are under the control of. Turned them all down obviously because I'm tight with Puck and we are both pretty much each other's reason for continuing to play. These offers would seem appealing were my own account to end up in Garfield's "steam bath".

• Seeing as this is going to be an issue, are you just going to ban everyone?

Are we supposed to check our connections every time we go to login? Are we no longer going to be allowed to log at work, if our work places use a VPN?

You used to have to send in a ticket if you were going to log in through a mobile device, so you didn't get banned. Can we do that if we know our workplaces are using VPNs?

kewlness

ASSASSIN

• I think you're sometimes immature and annoying but you don't deserve a perma ban, glad that is resolved glad to see you'll be back :thumbsup:

There is in every one of us, even those who seem to be most moderate, a type of desire that is terrible, wild, and lawless.”

.:stick:.

• So, where to start.
    I am a senior network engineer so I bring more experience to this than the average volunteer.
    I work for a hosting company so I know well businesses use VPN and Proxies.
    The difference is, I reported mine.
    Mine doesn't rotate the IP, but if it did, it would remain in the same network.
    The whois would remain constant.
    This means it would belong to the same company, be in a CIDR range consistent with the range provided in whois, and there would be other logins for normal Internet service provider IPs as well.
    Also, my company is not a well-known VPN/Proxy provider.
    It also doesn't sit on any proxy lists freely available on the web.

Trust me, I know what I'm doing in this regard.

• I went to log in this morning and I've been banned until 2038 for a second breach of VPN/Proxy use :hmm: Now, I received a warning a while back but I WAS NOT USING A VPN, the first time or the second time. However I haven't even served a ban for this before! Not a two week ban, not a three day ban, nothing. Just straight permanent ban. How can this be? I put all my time and effort into my account, only yesterday I passed 100k BCs and two weeks ago I got the fast recs. So I am very disappointed by this decision as it is completely unfounded, but whoever reported me, you got what you wanted. I know it will make a lot of players very happy, such is and has been my playing style.

Well if I don't see you, it's been fun :dance

Really sorry to see this Jason. Unnecessary stress like this is not fair & i hope it sees a prompt resolution.

GKP.gif