Logging out

• I have now tried to log out, from this board, 5 times over the last 12 hours or so. Yes I have done this before, so I know how to do it, but I log out, and it immediately makes me online again.

Is anyone getting the same problem or able to help me?

Prickly Thorn.....

Thanks to Morlorv and Blackmass for this sig

madheadshrinker 18.01.2015 13:49:32
    You actually are insane

• For me it was the other way around, needed to log in 3 times to stay logged in. Could it be that your browser logs you in again? Yesterday we got recaptcha enabled on login without any Information from the responsible person at GF (not piink). Otherwise you maybe could try deleteing cookies&cache to remove all signs from you being logged in.

Nvm, there seems to be another issue going on, going to poke piink to get someone to fix it.

• I did have trouble logging in, then in frustration, I pressed the 'stay online' option, and now I cannot change that. I am not good at the computer thing, so I shall have to ask for help from my husband or son about the cookies and cache thing. Was hoping it was an easy fix.... :)

Prickly Thorn.....

You actually are insane

• I did have trouble logging in, then in frustration, I pressed the 'stay online' option, and now I cannot change that. I am not good at the computer thing, so I shall have to ask for help from my husband or son about the cookies and cache thing. Was hoping it was an easy fix.... :)

No need to try the cache&cookie part yet, I also currently can't log out. Like I said I'm contacting piink so that she can poke people.

Signatur

• Oh, I see. Well that is good news, I think. No rush. As long as I know that the problem is not down to my own silliness (which is always likely). I am happy. :)

Prickly Thorn.....

You actually are insane

• Could the problem be browser related? I have some sites I visit that once I enter my login info, I am taken in without clicking the login button. Just username and password and bingo, I am in. If your browser is auto filling the login info, perhaps it is also taking this next step?

Just a thought

• More importantly, why do you feel the need to having to log out? Please don't assume I'm trolling, I am genuinely curious as to why, there might be a valid reason

I haven't logged out in months now. Just close the browser and be done with it (I have just tried logging out and it's not working for me either)

Only reason I can think of for people wanting to log out is so they don't see their online status which can be easily hidden within privacy settings anyway

• Troll, yes, it's not a serious matter, which is why I said 'no rush', but it's sort of annoying because I am not hugely computer literate so I worry about things running on my computer that I cannot stop running if I want to. I also have a niggling feeling in the back of my mind that someone is making everyone who logs in unable to log out so that it raises the number of forum users. :D

Prickly Thorn.....

You actually are insane

• Not an elegant solution, but what if you just close the browser window that is open to your account. Surely the system will show you inactive, and time out. And you won't have to worry about something running on your computer.

• Contents [Hide]

I think the problem has been sorted out now. I was able to log out although I could not log back in unless I kept the 'remain logged in' option.

Anyway, I just thought I'd take a look at how many users are on line, and it is a large number

Users Online

• 54 Members (26 invisible) and 374 Guests
    • Record: 136 Users (Jun 28th 2018)

374 guests and 54 members logged in. Made me smile. :)

Still strange things going on though, that hide or show content bit is not anything I thought I put in and I cannot remove it

Prickly Thorn.....

You actually are insane