Reduce perma v-moded accounts

• I really thought this was going to happen at the last big merge event, but here goes my idea:

Pick a length of time that is reasonable, say, 1 year.

Any account v-moded longer than that time, and, AFTER taking a snapshot of the total account statistics for the account and SAVED in some file database for GF, would be un v-moded, to allow ANYONE to attack and farm. FLEET and DEFENSES could also be removed.

IF at any time the player decides to come back, all Defense, Fleet, would be restored, putting the player nearly right back where they were when they went v-mode.

The benefits to the players actually playing would be tremendous, and give more opportunity for growth for ANYONE wishing to farm.

It maintains GF obligation to the v-moded player.

There is no significant downside for the long v-moded player, unless you count how much further ahead the active players would be. But if that was the concern, they would not have v-moded that long in the first place.

This could all be scripted and once set up, take almost no time to maintain.

• More sources for farming helps anyone that cares to farm. Lower ranked players would grow faster on percentage than a larger player. It might actually narrow the gap (ever so slightly)

• Your suggestion will in no way make the game more active or attractive, that is 100% sure. Pass on and find another suggestion, there are plenty of inactive accounts in all universe, no need for more.

But i am wrong, maybe you do love sending 50 sc to an inactive and stay behind your screen until they come back (that is very attractive game WOW) and will for sure bring alot of new players to ogame (Not at all if you think so).

• There is no way you can be 100% sure of that. And it may keep newer players playing long enough to really catch on to the game and stay. But my suggestion was not to address bringing new players to the game, but only to provide more opportunities to players. You may not find any value in it, and that's fine. But perhaps others might like the idea.

• Your suggestion will in no way make the game more active or attractive, that is 100% sure. Pass on and find another suggestion, there are plenty of inactive accounts in all universe, no need for more.

But i am wrong, maybe you do love sending 50 sc to an inactive and stay behind your screen until they come back (that is very attractive game WOW) and will for sure bring alot of new players to ogame (Not at all if you think so).

In an old school 1x speed uni like Dorado, people would love to be able to send 50SC at inactives all day if they could...heck, I would. 50SC is 387,500 RES gained with my techs, and with 19 total fleet slots available I'll reserve say 12 of those for inactive raiding which would then bring in 4,650,000 RES. And if I could do that say 6 times per day...27,900,000 RES per day.

So yeah I would love it.

With the way the laws work in the hose country, most of those accounts that are in perpetual v mode probably have "paid" DM on them and they are untouchable. It would be interesting to see if host country attorney's could find a legal way of getting the account released back to GF and then GF could do any number of things with it, from auctioning them off to letting players choose it from a pool of available accounts instead of starting from scratch in older unis.

But perma accounts with no paid DM on them should be released to the wilds again after so many years have elapsed...

• i thought perma v moded accounts with no paid DM are routinely deleted after 30 days.

as for those with DM , its pointless thinking up interesting ways they can be used, since the legal system in Germany prevents anything being done.

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2

TOP 1 (ACS) x 1
    TOP 10 (solo) x 3

TOP 10 (ACS) x 11
    Super Adv lost count

• as for those with DM , its pointless thinking up interesting ways they can be used, since the legal system in Germany prevents anything being done.

That's why this suggestion and my suggestion both suggest ways the original account can be restored if the player ever comes back, mine by making it a new mechanic that doesn't actually touch the account at all, and this one by taking a snapshot of the account, and if they ever log back in restoring it back in full.

I think the people most vocal are aware of the german law restrictions.

• The Joker

i suppose they could simply return the DM after a given period. Then the account can be deleted - end of problem.

in the past, they always said this would be too labour intensive. I'm not a techy, but your idea sounds like it could be equally time-consuming for them to manage. So they would probably use the same argument.

Feel free to correct me if it's a simple and easy thing to do - bearing in mind the thousands of accounts currently in this position, and any future perma v modes.

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2

TOP 1 (ACS) x 1
    TOP 10 (solo) x 3

TOP 10 (ACS) x 11
    Super Adv lost count

• I do not know how the law reads regarding an account holder's rights if they have purchased DM. But I am willing to bet it only has to do with actual deletion, as it is entirely possible for an account with paid DM to be perma-banned.

Correct me if I am wrong on this, but the snapshot would protect every essence of the owners account, while opening up opportunities for players.

• Uberman

I was thinking about that aspect. Yes, an account with paid DM can be banned. But the account doesn't disappear from the game, you just can't log into it.

The other thing I thought of was merges. In the last merge, the v modes migrated, but in previous merges many perma v modes were simply deleted when the universe shut down. I don't remember any mass sending out of DM vouchers going on.

Players rights - the protection of.

Hmm, that's a tough one, since we don't actually have any. According to T&Cs, we don't actually own these accounts. They all belong to GameForge. That's why that silly ass in universe 1, who claims he took them to court to fight a perma ban, didn't get anywhere.

Not that I actually believe he took them to court. Any decent lawyer would have told him he was wasting his money. But there you go. They own the accounts. So, player rights don't come into this. It's all about that paid DM and whether they can be assed returning it to thousands of players.

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2

TOP 1 (ACS) x 1
    TOP 10 (solo) x 3

TOP 10 (ACS) x 11
    Super Adv lost count

• One of the main reasons for permabanning accounts is (in 9 times out of 10 anyway) because they have grown or have acquired ill gotten resources, with banning the accounts GF's way of removing those resources from the game.

That's been the main reason for permabanning accounts for over 15 years now (with .org having passed it's 15th birthday about 6 or 7 days ago).

I don't see them changing that given the time it would take someone to manually calculate / remove the ill gotten resources.

It takes GF months to "fix" accounts that get hacked etc (if they do anything at all..) so I also don't see them diverting their development time to this "snapshot" thing either, given that it wouldn't do anything to bring them any extra income.

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.

• They did a testrun in antares.de and vega.de last merge where they unvmoded all inactive permavmode accounts with 0 military

it totally destroyed antares.de which is now overran by 30-50 bots farming 16+ hours per day. vega.de is pretty bad too, but is saved by the fact that its lower eco and only 2x fleetspeed, compared to antares' 5x

just saying :)

edit: it was accounts with 0 ships even, so good top 50 eco miners that quit pre merge were ipm'd and are now farms :)

Edited once, last by chewy ().

• it is entirely possible for an account with paid DM to be perma-banned.

That is because the terms and conditions state that if you're in violation of the rules you forfeit rights to the account and it's dark matter.

It takes GF months to "fix" accounts that get hacked etc (if they do anything at all..) so I also don't see them diverting their development time to this "snapshot" thing either, given that it wouldn't do anything to bring them any extra income.

This is probably the closest thing to the truth, unless you can prove it will somehow generate measurable income, the company probably won't spend the resources and man power to make such a development.

If you refined the idea to cause some sort of DM purchase involved you'd probably see GF swarm on it....say you pay X amount of Dark Matter per raid or per month to be able to raid these special accounts...they might consider that.

But as I tend to bring up, GF's best bet would be to have a server that is a subscription based event: you pay a flay fee each month, and there are no extras to purchase in DM inside that Uni. I believe that such a Uni would attract a lot of strong players and generate a steady and predictable income....but I digress and we were talking about something else. :biggrin:

ESeB8X4.png

• Gentlemen, I really appreciate the input from all of you!

But rather than discuss whether or not GF this or GF that, could we simply weigh in on whether the idea itself is a worthy suggestion?

Would the idea hurt your game play in any way? Would it enhance your game play in any way? Do you think it might increase your interest in playing in any way?

If it's a good idea, then, let's give it some legs!

• It was the bot farming that destroyed antares.de, not the un v-moding. THAT is something that GF needs to address.

The bots are farming the unvmoded accounts because theyre all well built accounts instead of the mediocre accounts that usually drop off during the lifespan of a universe

the average per CR there is like 2.5m resources lol. Before I quit i farmed for 30 hours in a weekend and made 3 bil resources, solely farming the merged and then unvmoded accounts...

• It was the bot farming that destroyed antares.de, not the un v-moding. THAT is something that GF needs to address.

The bots are farming the unvmoded accounts because theyre all well built accounts instead of the mediocre accounts that usually drop off during the lifespan of a universe

the average per CR there is like 2.5m resources lol. Before I quit i farmed for 30 hours in a weekend and made 3 bil resources, solely farming the merged and then unvmoded accounts...

In other words, opportunity breeds cheating.

• So why do you want to give them the opportunity so badly? :)