2nd Annual RIO GAMES

• Greetings to all you fine gamers in Quantum, and a special greeting to the clan of RIO for their great competition of the "RIO GAMES".

For obvious reasons I am disqualified from participating, because I did not have an account from the beginning of the competition. I created my account only four days ago, so I am simply following the games as it unfolds (with great interest).

You might add, that even if my account had been crated on the 1st of October, I would have had very poor chances of winning an event, which is why I am commenting on the thread.

Perhaps the good players on RIO could improve the RIO GAMES for next year leaving an event for newbie's and low-ranking accounts.

Serving as inspiration I am simply stating, what can be achieved in a very short period of time.

Four days ago I created my account and set of to research all basic technologies in the fastest possible way by only having ONE planet. This has now been achieved in four days by focusing on high levels of nanite and research labs (it also resulted in a climb on the highscore from 55xx to 28xx).

The only event I would be able to participate in otherwise would be using IPM, but with only three active players (four planets) in range, that would be waste of time LOL.

Thanks to RIO for the entertainment and to the rest of you for participating.

• Many years ago in uni26 when I first started some of the fleeters ran a contest kind of like Neutron is asking about. The contest was just for low rank players for a month to see who could grow their account the most. You had to sign up and post a few times on the boards too.

• Thanks to all involved! We will post our winners by the end of the week. Once again, thank you and as always . . .Happy Hunting!

RIPs Destroyed:

Universe Conquered:
    Uni 35/ Quantum

Alliances Defeated:
    Felon
    LOS
    SLW
    Poor
    Unity

• Perhaps the good players on RIO could improve the RIO GAMES for next year leaving an event for newbie's and low-ranking accounts.

You're right, maybe next year we'll considering offering a small reward for ranks above 1k. Thx for the feedback.

RIPs Destroyed:

Universe Conquered:
    Uni 35/ Quantum

Alliances Defeated:
    Felon
    LOS
    SLW
    Poor
    Unity

• Congrats to our winners:

1. Sharkz

2. Sad, but not a single IPM was fired from anyone, so we have no winner for this event this year.

3. Triox

4. Radar

5. No CR's were posted, so again, we don't have a winner for this either.

6. No winner

Added Event:

Most fleet built without the use of DM:

7. CrAzY_1

We appreciate all who participated this year and we'll look forward to more players getting involved next year.

RIPs Destroyed:

Universe Conquered:
    Uni 35/ Quantum

Alliances Defeated:
    Felon
    LOS
    SLW
    Poor
    Unity