Dorado's 1 year anniversary is looming...where do you want to go from there?

• piink and/or Danimanza has there been any discussion about impending merges?

Bottom line up front; make Dorado a target uni and keep it's current 1x speed settings.

Dorado's 1 year anniversary is looming...attrition continues to take hold with a dwindling population. According to stats we have 249 active and 591 Inactive. But a lot of those active seem to be in vmode. We are witnessing the traditional oGame diseases that culls our population with players getting crashed and leaving, people losing interest, people getting bored, rage quitters, etc. It's difficult for some to stay engaged or motivated. Even with the "new beginnings" changes that have been announced we're still not seeing much excitement about staying.

Ultimately, what I would like to see is that Dorado becomes a permanent target uni for people that want to leave speed unis and take it down a notch and join our 1x speed uni; which is more beneficial to those whose lifestyles aren't compatible with speed settings. A lot of people who join oGame for the first time, have no idea what they're getting into with the speed unis and aren't successful because those settings require more attention than they're willing to give to it. They lose interest, they quit, Game Forge loses potential revenue...

I would venture to guess with all the work going into "New Beginnings" there isn't much effort or thought at the moment going into merges. A lot of players speculating that we'll be merged with one or more of the newer speed unis thus forcing us into a speed uni; which is something that many of us don't want (though I imagine some do).

I'm here for the long haul...but that depends on what Game Forge intends for Dorado. I am one of the players that came out of retirement after 10+ years drawn by the classic 1x speed settings for Dorado as it fits in with my work/life balance. Any changes to the speed settings and I'm going to lose interest . I prefer 1x for everything. If it changes, I'll most likely retire and not come back if the only future for future 1x speed unis is ultimately to merge them with faster unis...so why bother playing if that is always going to be how unis progress.

It would be nice if we could have voting options/polls available in the forums to get a general consensus on where people stand.

And yes, I used "stomt" to make a suggestion...but let's be realistic here; stomt doesn't get much traffic.

-PAGAN

• We just had a merge this year , I am sure that we won't have another merge .. this merge came after 2 or 3 years from the last merge ... and also merging dorado with any other universe is a bad option as the merge will be to similar universe or any close speed universe.. and since dorado is a normal universe with +25 fields , and his rank 1 has around 4 mil points, so merging it with older universe will totally destroy it and ruin it.

• We just had a merge this year , I am sure that we won't have another merge .. this merge came after 2 or 3 years from the last merge ... and also merging dorado with any other universe is a bad option as the merge will be to similar universe or any close speed universe.. and since dorado is a normal universe with +25 fields , and his rank 1 has around 4 mil points, so merging it with older universe will totally destroy it and ruin it.

Well, Dorado is almost already destroyed so if Dorado players wants to get merged, why not? At the end of the day, we are playing your game and spending/donating money on your product, so probably you will destroy this uni by not merging it sooner then if you merge it since we would like to get merger.

Don't merge us with "them", merge "them" with us...that's why I recommended making Dorado a permanent target uni for people that want to slow things down and migrate here from speed unis that they're no longer comfortable playing with due to the settings.

It would be interesting to see how many people stumble across oGame for the first time, join a server without understanding what the settings mean and how long it takes until they quit because they can't devote the time it takes to manage an account with faster settings. And how many of them would elect to migrate to a 1x uni if provided the opportunity so they can keep what they've at least made to that point and not have to start from scratch again.

In the old days of the numbered unis before GF went crazy with new unis every other week, populations were fluctuating around 5k to 6K each with uni 1 and uni 5 usually have the most since they were each "firsts" (uni 5 being the first ACS uni). And with that kind of population, a new player could join and start from scratch and progress to the top 100 and in some cases the top 10. Nowadays, impossible. Not nearly enough active players for them to target, not enough inactives for them to farm, etc. Growth is stunted for new players here.

And they shouldn't just look at the points for rank one, they should be looking at an average of some kind that's fair to the overall population.

But 2 to 3 years? Dorado is going to be a desolate wasteland with just a few active members by then...

Well, Dorado is almost already destroyed so if Dorado players wants to get merged, why not? At the end of the day, we are playing your game and spending/donating money on your product, so probably you will destroy this uni by not merging it sooner then if you merge it since we would like to get merger.

well I am just a volunteer :P , you'r not playing my game and that's not my product :P , but again would you see it fair to merge a rank 1 with 4 mil points with a uni where rank 1 is like 150 mil points ?

• Yep , but .. but thats not the point who's merging with who ,,, even if Dorado is the Target , other old uni's rank 1 has x20 minimum points as rank 1 dorado ,,, then 0 chance to survive

• Yep , but .. but thats not the point who's merging with who ,,, even if Dorado is the Target , other old uni's rank 1 has x20 minimum points as rank 1 dorado ,,, then 0 chance to survive

Then put a cap on it...I can't imagine it would be that difficult in the process when the player goes to select a target uni that you could put a limit on how many points they can have to join Dorado.

"Sorry, you can't join Dorado because you have x million points."

Though that also begs the question...what points do we look at? Overall? Military? Combination thereof?

• As far as I know merges used to happen about every 3 years or so. It was said that merges would be able to happen more frequently with the new merge scripts used at last merge, but I doubt it'll be an every year event. Since it happened about 1 year ago I don't think we will see anything for the next 6 months at least. I'll probably be another year before we get a new merge, so 2 years between them. At that point the newer universes will have grown more in point so it'll be easier to force them into the old already merged universes. I wouldn't worry too much about the fleet speed, usually that one stays the same, it's everything else that gets changed.

• I have one thing to say for this. H E L L O GALATEA, HOW ARE YOU DOING MY FRIENDS.

Merge will benefit both unis. We are at the same stage so.

P.S I know Gameforge does not care, they never did for my 10+ years in ogame.

Retired.

4522-alphadragon-jpg

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dragon ().

• P.S I know Gameforge does not care, they never did for my 10+ years in ogame.

I wasn't real happy with how the previous mergers went...my uni 12 account went through a few mergers until it was eventually funneled to uni 1 where it now rots suffering the same fate as Warning alluded to...it's a 13.5KK account in a uni where rank one has 645KK (645.000.000) points. I have no desire to even bother with it and just have it there for nostalgia and to talk with people from the old days.

I think they really could have done a better job at merging accounts that were closer in point ranges.

But, oGame is nothing more than a pyramid hierarchy scheme...ACS was originally intended to thwart that, but it really didn't have the desired effect they were looking for.

• For me, it's the 1x speed aspect of Dorado that makes it somewhere I want to play. It was the feature that got me to come out of retirement from previously playing like 10 years ago as well. If it's at all possible to merge similar strength unis into Dorado that would be great, as long as we keep the 1x speed.

But unfortunately that doesn't sound like a very realistic prospect - merging a faster uni down to 1x, means that faster uni would probably have to be much younger than Dorado (?), so probably not ripe for a merger. Also I don't imagine people in speed unis would like the slow down. Hopefully I'm wrong, and a 2x speed uni would have a reasonable population happy to go to 1x, but I find it hard to believe.

Probably the only way to drive future population is to regularly create more 1x unis, like at least one per year. Then I think there would be more realistic merger options.. I'd like to see that happen :)

• Downsizing players who would like to participate in the merge is also possible. Whatever their rank is, they can be adapted to that point, regarding total points. Their ranks will be 1 point below the targeted universe, i don't think anyone will object to that.

Merge should be closer than 1 year tho, we have time maybe until 2020 hits us.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Arthorr.jpg

• I would love to state, that I am also one of those players coming out of retirement after 10+ years to play in a classic 1x uni, but that would be a lie.

I returned after 10+ years to play Ogame, registering on last opened uni, not even knowing there is such a thing as speed unis. So I was in luck.

As many before stated, 1x uni suits older players, that need to balance work, lifestyle, family with Ogame. Actually, it seems average age of players in Dorado is around 30. So, keeping Dorado as permanent 1x uni makes for such players actually makes sense. And I do support such notions.

• I returned after 10+ years, coming back due to a x1 speed Uni, work/kids etc all mean that I have to balance RL/Game time (and RL wins every time) - so the pace of this UNI suits what I can play. Speed ECO (x2/x3) I could probably cope with, but speed fleet change = no chance.

To merge you can only really look at latter speed Uni's that will catch up in points after a few months before being ready to join us. Perhaps GF could create a feeder UNI - Eco x3 and fleet x1, after 6 months merge in - but that would require 'strategic' thinking by GF. The benefit would be to slow down opening fresh UNI's that die quickly and open mini UNI's with a set life intended to bring new players to a competitive level reasonably quickly - everyone would know upfront the intention of merging after a set period of time - keeping new players interested and existing populations levels up.

Good news is that I am also in for the long term - so at least Cathedral has a target ....