Given that the tool I'm making should be completely functional soon (just working on some QoL features), I'm getting it ready for sharing.
- Info: LanxCalc is a relatively simple program that can assist you in calculating return times of fleets you see on sensor phalanx scans.
- Author: Savage
- Website: (no website, all updates/info will be within this forum post)
- Support: send me a PM on forums and if I don't reply within a day or two feel free to contact me by sending PM to savage#6278 @ Discord
- Google drive zip: https://drive.google.com/open?…GVXpdq0_ef1FhPWmvcA-D0JLb
- FileDropper zip: http://www.filedropper.com/lanxcalc09b
- Filehosting zip: https://www.filehosting.org/fi…31836/LanxCalc%200.9b.rar
- Google drive msi: https://drive.google.com/open?…rYLPBcyEYPjNTqeTs9jaolW7_
- FileDropper msi: http://www.filedropper.com/lanxcalc-09b-amd64
- FileHosting msi: https://www.filehosting.org/fi…5/LanxCalc-0.9b-amd64.msi
- Github: https://github.com/markomavrinac/lanx-calc/
- Browser: Standalone program for download, no browser needed.
- Compatibility: Windows platform
- Languages: English
Plans for the future:
- add load/save uni feature
- add new ships when their stats are definite
- export report into a text file
- maybe add ACS support to calculate return times of multiple fleets in ACS, not sure yet as it potentially over complicates things
Please consider the tool has only been tested on a x6 server so there might be issues in other unis (however there shouldn't be since the formula is universal). Again, if there are any issues feel free to contact me and I will rectify them ASAP.
How it works:
For the example here, I will be using my own overview info, but it is applicable to a simple phalanx scan results.
Next to uni settings, all you need is following info: target's drive levels (spy report), origin and destination coordinates and fleet composition (slowest ship in fleet, the rest don't matter).
This provides a return time of said fleet as you can see in a screenshot below:
Please take note that you still need to guess the speed of the fleet you're scanning!
In theory, this way you could also calculate someone's return time from debris field assuming you get the right time the target collected the debris. All you need to do is leave coordinates the same (same as moon to planet transport).
Recall from deployment gets a little tricky though! When expecting a recall from deploy, note the time between your scans and note the time when you first notice the fleet being recalled.
This can be impacted by your internet performance as well as server lag, so I suggest trying it out with a friend since sometimes it's smart delaying return time by a second or two to compensate for said problems.
In this scenario, I recalled the fleet, noted return time as the time one second after it was actually recalled and set time between scans to 2 seconds.
This of course gives you multiple possible return times so the program returns a range (from - to) of possible return times. I would still pick the latest possible return time but still left the possible times in, in case someone was afraid of target possibly being able to escape even at low time intervals.
Special thanks to Fajki and the rest of Fenrir A-Team for helping me get this done right. It would be a long and frustrating experience making this alone.
Have a nice day!