Board Block User

• There are some people* who really annoy with their "GG WP", "Congrats on your hof", "Congrats on your hit" and all other similar comments all around the board. It wouldn't bother so much if they at least wouldn't dig up the old threads.

It wouldn't be a problem at all if the Block User on the Board would've work properly. Even if I did block the people I'm not a fan of - I still get notifications whenever they comment on the posts followed by me and also it messes the Latest Posts list.

Solution: Make so the Block User option will completely wipe the user out of the view.

*some people = Old_Fella

• hahahahahahha I instantly thought it was him you're talking about :D

• He's just advertising his signature, posting in almost every thread just to get the maximum exposure even if his comments have no substance.

Too bad he doesn't realize he's wasting his time because nobody's gonna give him the account he wants.

• hahahahahahha I instantly thought it was him you're talking about :D

same thing i thought when i saw the thread and first sentence rofl

love this @ the end ...: *some people = Old_Fella

Nice thread alex

Zagy: "Enjoy building your ego with likes of your ally mate.
    Like we having 14 year old girls here. I expect now everyday status with some quote and selfie from toilet."
    Heretic: "If you want to make it personal...I might ask why you are asking for selfies from ppl you suspect are 14 year old girls and ones from the toilet no less. Creeper much?"
  • Yes indeed, that part especially made me laugh :D

• Sure if being active and giving people praise for their effort is bad or that "post smthing" then ye, im guilty. Unlike most of the comunity that dont even bothers giving people a praise for their work and effort... ( As example some had over 30-40 views not a SINGLE post . ) . But i can sense some jelousy in everything here. Althoguht no offenses were being made nor anything like spam the hit's cause someone did this or that.. .Being jellyous is part of like i accept it. If u were atleast 10% as active across uni's that would be better instead making spam threads like this. Gratz on your effort of making the community more likely place to talk. These stuff get people off the board. Also compare across unis over 200-1k "active people" and not 40-100 daily sometimes on board, then you do the math. But if u want to gossip or do stuff like this, you got off topic for that. It's always FIne and good to see i got fellow followers who appreciate my work and effort put into revieving this community. Will try even harder to make it towards more time and spreading good energy across the org. THANKS once again^^ :)

gokui.png

... “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.” ...

Edited once, last by Old_Fella: had to edit the post and add some sentances. thanks ().

• It's not about jealousy at all. It's about the fact that we're getting useless notifications for old posts, with no good option of turning them off. It's also about the "unread post" tab becoming entirely useless, because it's entirely posts of the form "gg wp" or "nice hit congrats on effort", instead of new hits.

I think it is good to congratulate people on their hits. I do this for every big hit in Vega where I play, or when I know the people involved and I have something more substantive to say than "gg wp".

I don't think it's your fault per se - if blocking you would let me not get notifications from your posts and stop your posts from showing up in the "un read post" tab, I would have 0 problem with what you're doing. But due to the way the forums are set up, spamming "gg wp" under posts makes the forums substantially less usable for other people.

EDIT:

so is this enough to get Old_Fella to stop now?

Evidently not.

• You can't stop storm from brewing. In fact you just pointed out that i'm less active, so i'm gonna reply and congratulate on each new hof made from this day to future + every new thread i can, so i'll make even more efforts to make the comunity great again and active. As this example you'r more active cause of me posting, so that's a + alrdy! See i change the activity^^ :) thanks for making mine efforts come true! :CLAP: CLAP :)))

gokui.png

• Of course we can't. That's why there's this thread. We're raising awareness of the problem. Hopefully the mods can do something, or we can figure something out.

I had hoped (naively) that you being made aware of the issue would cause you to stop. The fact that your response to "please stop, you're making the boards less readable" is "lol nah imma do it more" shows how little you respect other ogamers.

• like astral said, no one has a problem with you being active and trying to bring a positive light and more activity to the boards.....good for you.

It's the fact that we get all those messages as Astral and Alex have stated. If this problem never existed or is fixed, you'd probably get very little grief for all your spam as most people do like Astral i.e. only post on big hits like Top10s or hits where they were either involved or know people that were involved in the hit.

So, def cool you trying to up the activity on the board, but you might want to make sure what you are doing is in fact helpful and not harmful.

You could always hit up the staff for us Oldfella and let them know about the problem(point them to this thread), since your posts lead to this thread being made for said purpose....just saying....you looking for an account, making friends versus causing strife is always a better way to find one

Zagy: "Enjoy building your ego with likes of your ally mate.
    Like we having 14 year old girls here. I expect now everyday status with some quote and selfie from toilet."
    Heretic: "If you want to make it personal...I might ask why you are asking for selfies from ppl you suspect are 14 year old girls and ones from the toilet no less. Creeper much?"
  • I'm impressed of the awarness and stuff you 'r spreading, pics will talk :) Anyway i like posting and /gratzing anyone i know or do not know on their work and time put in this low played game alrdy. So As i pointed out, it's 21st century, freedom of speech, i can congratulate or post to anyone i want there's nothing bad about it. If you would atleast try 30% of that effort ,we 'd have more Savages, winds, and stuff and not only one and only active member arround here that has nothing to do in rl ah yea that's me :) Anyway wont spam or etc unnecery here, enjoy you'r little coffe place here , tnx for mentioning me tho, i thoguht people didnt even notice, and instead of making the tread /Congratulate and Vote for president guy who actually lifts the community and is constant Custom buyer and player since 2006/7 , you'r making fun of me and even puttin the mood down, well, what else to say besides u disrespect me, so ye, i ll keep mine best to comment on each and every new hof made from this day on. Thanks! bye & out.

gokui.png

• Bro no one is disrespecting you, it's just that sometimes you want to get into a meaningful discussion on the boards and the best way to get one is to visit recent posts and when every recent post is nothing you can contribute towards or talk about, it makes the boards less interesting as you have to dig around to find interesting content and posting in it will soon make it buried again :)

Can't say anything against congratulations, a lot of uni players choose just to lurk making forums look dead

Bad Farfetchd, get back into the pokeball :D

• i'll just stop using the forums as long as this guy is making it pointless by digging up old posts just to get another postcount :shrug: