New purchasable items

• someone complained that my other suggestion was for people that wouldn't spend any money for this game, so, let's remedy :)

Suggestion explanation:

A set of 6 items to rise or reduce the temperature of the planet, coherently with the min. temp and max temp. of the position where the planet is located in the solar system.

concept:

100k mo +X/-X temp

50k mo +X/-X temp

30k mo +X/-X temp

vAfPGzq.png

If possible, making the objects stackable for diversity, which means that you can't use more than 1 of the same type (like 4 +10 temp) but you could for example combine the +20, +10 and +5 togheter for a maximum of +35° / -35° celsius (sorry for using celsius here).
    By the way, if the items will not be stackeble I would say that the mas temp for single-item should not be higher that a +35 / - 35 (since the max temp range is by 40° from each planet position).

The temperature incrementation or decrementation should not in any case go beyond the temperature limit for that planet orbit.

Example:

the planet in our example is situated in position 5 and has a maximum temperature of 67° celsius.

the maximum temperature range for every planet located on position 5 is between 60° and 100° celsius.

using the items for a +20+10+5 (or for a single +35° ) on that planet will results in: 35° (item additional temp) + 67° (original temp) = 103°

the additional 3° will be discarded and a maximum temperature of 100° will be set as the end result, because, as said before, the items should not in any way overcome the maximum of max temp allowed in that planet position / planet orbit.

Suggestion reasons:

Allow players to have a new feature to perfectionate their accounts in a reasonable way, also giving to Gameforge a chance to increase profits, expecially for old servers probably, which are the ones where it still struggle, allowing to reduce the maintenance costs for them

Eventual comments:

Alot of items of that kind already exists, it would enrich the choices and it's not something overally bad, it doesn't realy hurt anyone, also it wouldn't be anything new on the scenario, in the end we should remember that Gameforge it's a joint-stock-company

• Not a bad idea, but how do you plan to handle extremes? Ideal slot 15 with all those items stacked (and I suppose you only meant only one type of item per planet because it would otherwise cause literal chaos) would produce abnormal amounts of deut and potentially be a bad idea for new unis.

I would perhaps change this in a way that you can affect your planet's temperature, but only within its slot range, so if you get -90C slot 15, you can get it down to -120 but not more than that.

• I would perhaps change this in a way that you can affect your planet's temperature, but only within its slot range, so if you get -90C slot 15, you can get it down to -120 but not more than that.

Yeah I was in effect saying that the boost of temperature you can give should not exceed the maximum temperature range for that slot, and also, you may should not always be able to max the temperature out for that planet...

Example, let's say that the items are

-35 +35
    -15 +15
    -7 +7
    (not stackable)

if you find a cold planet with let's say -136° min temp / -96° max temp
    if you use, let's say a [-15°] item
    you will get a
    -151° / -111°

if you try to use a -35° item instead you will get a -170° / -130° planet, instead of -171° / - 131°
    because -170 / -130 is the minimum temp for a position 15 planet

if you find a -90° maximum temp in p15 as in your example with an hypothetical [-35°] item you will get a maximum temp decreased as: -125°
    so let's say that the items should be no more than a -30 / +30 eventually

Will I be able to find them via expos? (Explorer perk)

yeah, I mean, why not?
    it would be nice for non buying players :)
    it's still a suggestion, it's not mandatory

• In that case, it's pretty balanced and saves players headaches from having to relo again after getting bad temperatures, I like it :)

Also, people often don't re-reloc if they get a "decent" temperature, because using reloc it's expensive and uncertain;
    in this way they could squeeze that extra mo from this and convince people which wouldn't reloc again to instead using that item

• That's true, I relocated my planet and got a bad temperature but still got 8 planets with much worse temperature so I don't see myself relocating this one any time soon, if I even do it again

• i like the concept of the idea .. but i dont see them bringing that out lol maybe i could pay for relocations ... ?

-- GOAT --

Uni Fenrir

Moons Destroyed ( 2 )

RIPS Destroyed (3)

Uni Quat
    Done nothing :biggrin:

• All I can see is a player with lots of cash making a big planet , moving it to slot 15 for cold temp, then buying the minus 20 degree gizmo so he can produce 1 zillion more deut a second, then repeating the process for all his planets....

This just makes a guy with a wallet even more powerful based not on skill but the size of his bank account.

Ong7Kn6.png
    SGO - Bellatrix & Quantum & Oberon & Cosmos & Vega & Janice
    Specific In game issue? Please use the ticket system

• All I can see is a player with lots of cash making a big planet , moving it to slot 15 for cold temp, then buying the minus 20 degree gizmo so he can produce 1 zillion more deut a second, then repeating the process for all his planets....

This just makes a guy with a wallet even more powerful based not on skill but the size of his bank account.

love a big wallet ...

isnt that how most people get rank 1 now ?

-- GOAT --

Uni Fenrir

Moons Destroyed ( 2 )

RIPS Destroyed (3)

Uni Quat

• love a big wallet ...

isnt that how most people get rank 1 now ?

Heheheh.. most people write to me in tickets say it's dark matter warriors and bot users..IDK which is true? :rolleyes2:

Ong7Kn6.png

isn't what it's already happening year after year month after month?
    it's like the gameforge will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Instead of cut off the relocs after the complainings they just unlocked reloc from 1-3 4-12 13-15 to "go wherever you like"... why? because they would have gained money from that action, and that maneuver was even more game-killing than some mild new item that can be traded with the future market-update
    they also gave the possibility to directly buy-resources, c'mon :biggrin:

oh and btw the difference between the worst p15 and the best p15 you can get is only about 8.16% produtction, not so much zilion more imho :P

i like the concept of the idea .. but i dont see them bringing that out lol maybe i could pay for relocations ... ?

because people doesn't relocate alot for a better temperature, except if it's really really really bad, so an item like that would do the trick instead
    surely they should do some extimations about the possible income from this maneuver, but ideally is mostly a gain-making stuff for them

• isn't what it's already happening year after year month after month?
    it's like the gameforge will

So why do we want to make it worse and not better?

It's sort of like, "hey, there's a fire in the kitchen....go get a liter of petrol to toss on it. After all, it's on fire, let's help it along!"

Ong7Kn6.png

• So why do we want to make it worse and not better?

It's sort of like, "hey, there's a fire in the kitchen....go get a liter of petrol to toss on it. After all, it's on fire, let's help it along!"

good point, except the fact that is not necessarily bad, it's an item and, in the horizon of the new update, even non-shopper players may will get those,
    then if it's fair enough more deuterium production in the server may means more ships that moves, more profitables farms, more stuff in general, and a better evaluation of older servers...

for what regard the philosophical part of the question.. well, I just surrendered to the idea that this game model it's no different from other browser games, and the fact that they have to make money and they, sadly, chosen to do that in this way... so, accepting to continue playing this, means accepting this system basically, otherwise I would have gone playing Fortnite or similiar games where the item-shops are fundamentally cosmetic and doesn't affect the gameplay...
    But most of all, and then. they will continue to implements shop-related dynamics, so, at least, in this way it may grants that some of those are stuff I'm interested with

• Is this the equivalent of someone left the freezer door open and i need to pay seven golden deutschmarks for the priveledge of experiencing the new chill?

Interesting concept, but ultimately im not sure adds a level of mechanics to the game that is warranted. GF already have money traps.

• Is this the equivalent of someone left the freezer door open and i need to pay seven golden deutschmarks for the priveledge of experiencing the new chill?

I've been laughing for five minutes. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ong7Kn6.png

• lol i was taking the piss haha

-- GOAT --

Uni Fenrir

Moons Destroyed ( 2 )

RIPS Destroyed (3)

Uni Quat