Uni specifics change - NOT FLEET OR ECO DON'T KILL ME

• Hello Donato,

So lately the numbers are thin, but I know we all enjoy eco X1 and Fleet X1.

However I would like to propose a tiny mini itsy bitsy change.

So the change would be , lower deut consumption to 0.6 or to 0.7 I will tell you why this change is , most of the people left are turtles, fleeters like me, need to pay INSANE deut cost for a flight and risk being onlined. So this might make game slighty more interesting.

The second one, would be to up our research speed to X4 or X2. Won't make much of a difference, hey?

Third one but I haven't exactly done the numbers would be upping DF to 50% or adding DiDF to 30% maybe? Just so you can, I actually counted the people who actively use fleet tracking stats, the number is aprx 15. The rest are turtling and are safe, but maybe with the above changes, things may get bit more interesting.

Anyway, if the changes are possible with us keeping eco and fleet X1, let's discuss.

Cheers,

Dragon over and out.

• Well even though I would love to get rewarded for cracking some turtles it wouldn't be fair for them. So not sure about DiDF. Changing DF to 50% seems to be needed.

About deut consumption yeah, I'd say go for it. Maybe decrease the total amount of galaxies to 6.?

Research speed seems harmless, I am indifferent.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Arthorr.jpg

• Mostly not for me.

I don't think reducing deut consumption would help anything much. For people who are building fleets, it's nice to think of the cost that those with huge fleets have to bear.

Reducing research time, meh. I don't know anyone who's labs are always being utilised. But it would do no harm either. If anything make it a small reduction. Oh, we already get those periodically.

As has been said already, defence to DF would be disadvantageous to those turtle players. Do we want to turn them away? I don't think so.

Raising fleet DF to 50%, I could like, but it's not a game changer.

• I would actually love to increase the DF to 50%. This will change a lot. We could make so much more hits which we are not now just because of the massive loss. As a fleeter I would also love the def into DF, but I realize it would be unfair to all those boring turtles out there.

• Yeap numbers are thin. Are those changes going to help? And whom?

So the change would be , lower deut consumption to 0.6 or to 0.7 I will tell you why this change is , most of the people left are turtles, fleeters like me, need to pay INSANE deut cost for a flight and risk being onlined. So this might make game slighty more interesting.

So later on when deut costs are even bigger, do we need to make more adjustments ( 0.3 or 0.4 )???
    Inability to move their defences is the price that turtles pay, yours is deut consumption. Balance over all.

The second one, would be to up our research speed to X4 or X2. Won't make much of a difference, hey?

Provided that eco speed doesn't change that favors only those who abuse the merchant, unless you agree that (non-merchant) crystal prices will rise.

Third one but I haven't exactly done the numbers would be upping DF to 50% or adding DiDF to 30% maybe? Just so you can, I actually counted the people who actively use fleet tracking stats, the number is aprx 15. The rest are turtling and are safe, but maybe with the above changes, things may get bit more interesting.

DiDF universes are a jungle and no one is safe in a jungle. When rip-fleets arrive we'll all say bye bye precious sleep.
    As for 50% DF i have nothing against it.

Don't get me wrong but your suggestions favor only your playstyle, and you can't ask the uni to change just so that 15 people can have it their way. Spectre, Iskander adjusted their gameplay long ago even Deadlyangel made it, why can't you? I could justify your proposal only if eco/flight speed were boosted too, but yet again i can just join Europa.

• I prefer we keep the settings the way they are, we reap what we sow and we got what we signed up for IMO.

I like retirement speed, now all you kids get off my lawn.

Fair to say its the lawn is shared, plus I don't really see how this changes.

Mostly not for me.

Reducing research time, meh. I don't know anyone who's labs are always being utilised. But it would do no harm either. If anything make it a small reduction. Oh, we already get those periodically.

Raising fleet DF to 50%, I could like, but it's not a game changer.

Actually my labs are working most of the time lately, and it's just a small boost to help you get things faster for people who doesn't buy DM. I admit I just insta astros and such.

Also for your point, reduce deut consumption will help fleeters hunt fleeters also.

I will start bottom up on this one, I actually adjusted my style and I'm mining peacefully. Been a while since I fired up those shipyards.

As for DiDF - as I said haven't run the full numbers, 50% DF could also do. As for fleet of rips, it will be quite sometime. And even then, deploy moon to moon and hope for the best.

For researches - the "abuse" part of the DM is actually what can be also avoided here, since it will lower a lot of long researches, eg Astros. I will still insta those, but patience is not my strong side. Adjust trade rates is way beyond my power.

And for the first part, as per above deut consumption will help fleeters also fight fleeters. As the numbers shrink and the deut sellers leave, its harder.

Also it's not just my playstyle, it's all those fleeters other there. Plus some who left cause fleeting is hard. Finding the balance is important, and currently we are overrun by turtles.

Cheers,

Dragon.

• To be honest I wouldn't mind any changes that you proposed as we are both in similar situation but I do understand other players who would have something against it.

Ultimately, only change that could refresh things in this uni is merging. How and with whom, I don't want to go into specifics since it's not up to us. But the reality is any change made to this uni, x5eco, DiDF, research or whatever won't really make any significant difference that we are hoping for. So, if there a way of pushing for a merge, we should go for that rather then changing the specs (that might change as a result of the merge anyway).

• Ultimately, only change that could refresh things in this uni is merging. How and with whom, I don't want to go into specifics since it's not up to us. But the reality is any change made to this uni, x5eco, DiDF, research or whatever won't really make any significant difference that we are hoping for. So, if there a way of pushing for a merge, we should go for that rather then changing the specs (that might change as a result of the merge anyway).

oGame in general needs a complete overhaul on how it compensates for luring in new players to existing unis. Around 10 to 12 years ago, you could join a uni that was one or two years old and still make your way if you were active as they still had populations in the thousands that provided you with a lot of targets for raiding and fleeting, and also lots of miners for trading partners. And then with the advent of officers and DM, new unis started coming monthly. This pyramid system of ranking from top to bottom makes it a bit daunting for new people when they see what the top 10 or top 100 field looks like so they go to the new unis in hopes of starting on a level playing field.

I think a few things they need to get rid of and/or implement:

1. Get rid of Instant build/instant complete. People love to blame DM for a lot of things, but one of the things that really leads to a huge disparity is the instant complete. Especially for researches and expensive constructions. Look at our uni and it's development...I wasn't the first with astro 17, but as soon as someone did it there was a virtual research race among 3 or 4 people to get it ASAP or fear being left behind in economy. But the point being, time is a bit of an equalizer. If we actually had to wait for those high levels of astro to complete...we would have had to expend more in building labs and raising our IRN and that would take time. Time that the people who aren't doing those things still have as a buffer to keep in the running. As it is now, we have instant complete so who cares about IRN and labs if you're willing to spend DM on it. I don't care about the arguments in the fairness of using DM, it's the dramatic difference in time that makes it unfair IMO so they need to address how you're able to use that DM. At the end of the day, it's still a business and they need to make money. But using magic to wave a wand and instant build ships, infrastructure, and complete researches is probably one of the biggest issues with DM IMO.

2. Most mobile games allow you to watch videos or complete surveys for for ingame credits to purchase things with. They should do that for ogame as well. oGame's marketing staff is just pathetic IMO and doesn't do nearly enough to attract players. They need to pursue a variety of avenues of generating traffic (and revenue).

3. Make the cost of ships and defense exponential (similar to the cost of infrastructure and most researches but obviously at a different rate than just doubling it each time). This would help to stem the fleeters and turtles from running away from the pack so to speak. Or at the very least, implement some kind of maintenance/renovation/refit fee for ships and defense. Most of the cost involved with modern military equipment isn't the initial cost it's the recurring maintenance and modernization fees for that equipment where the real costs come from.

4. Instead of starting new players at zero...let them start off at some number commensurate with some ratio/average of the existing uni.

5. Stop deleting inactive accounts or delete an inactive account only when a new player registers. For a lot of players, inactive raiding is "make it or break it" when it comes to competing for points/ranks and meeting their goals. Or, Implement NPC bots. When an account reaches the second stage of inactivity make it an NPC bot. The rub is going to be...just how smart do you want that bot to be. We all know there are some intuitive bots out there that can manage every facet of an account from probing and raiding inactives, moving RES, fleetsaving, building mines based off amortization algorithms, etc. The last thing we need is hundreds of bots all vying for raiding inactives...lol. Obviously that would need to be fleshed out some more, but you get the idea. But if we can have the magic of instant builds, then we could have AI bots as well to contend with.

6. Make being in an ally more meaningful. At the end of the day...we really don't need to have an Alliance with ally tags other than to gloat on the forums. The buddy list allows you to join ACS so what's the point of an ally other than to gloat and advertise who you are friends with? Between the BL and Discord chats...do you really need to be in an ally? The ingame message system sucks, most people use a third party message system like Discord.

But, it's what that meaningful thing would be though that escapes me.

Ideas would be:

• Reduced research time by sharing IRN across alliance members who aren't actively using their own labs/IRN. Have some kind of ACS invite for research with the con being that all players that join it are now locked into it until it is cancelled or completes.
    • Increased RES production. You get a bunch of miners together and start sharing best practices on how to better dig for gold you will improve productivity, and profits. Even if it's just a minuscule amount.
    • Early warning network. Okay this one...this one would probably go over like a hand grenade in church and be way to OP. But the idea here is if you're in ally right now the only way you can really help them is if you "know" they are being attacked because they tell you, or you see it on lanx if it's a planet, or you guess because you see an adversary probing around and check your friends moon and see the fleet sitting and try to help out (either by making fake activity or guessing a good time to launch an ACS defend based off techs, timers, and a bit of luck). So the idea here is a new building of some kind, we'll call it the EWN. Everyone in the ally has to build them for every moon and planet they want protected in the network, they are super expensive to build with different levels providing different features and operate on some kind of per use cost (much like a phalanx but much more expensive; maybe like ACS defend fuel costs). Depending on the levels of the EWN, you can see different things...much like ESP level allowing you to see varying amounts. Probably way to OP, and would lead to people just sitting and using it and waiting for a friend to either call/text them they're being attacked and need to get online or ACS-D them. Maybe to offset that, there is a ying for every yang and we introduce some kind of scrambler ship, research, or infrastructure array to counter the EWN. That would obviously need a lot more thought to implement. One thing that this game has never been able to incorporate through all the years, is stealth.
    • Incorporate the new classes into alliance benefits as well. You have a miner alliance full of Collectors, the whole alliance gets a resource production bonus of some kind. Same thing for the other two classes. Or maybe a bonus is given to all for every 5 (or however many) members you have with a class...you have 5 collectors and the whole alliance gets some kind of bonus and so on.
    • Let us use our alliy members jump gates and launch attacks from their moons.

Just some random thoughts...this game is very hard to lure new players to. It's basically an excel spreadsheet come to life, so in a world of PS, xBox, live streaming PC games, iOS/Android, etc. it's very difficult to get someone excited about it. I mean seriously, "Hey man step away from CoD for a minute and check out this awesome game I'm playing called oGame!" And you proceed to show them a screen with random alphanumeric text in the middle with bunch of timers counting down. "Yeah, hey that looks super exciting...not". "But that's my fleet going to get a HoF with all my BS and BC in it!?!". "Ah yeah...I can totally see that by the amazing graphics you're showing me here".

• I'm sure by now you've all read:

Server setting changes

I still don't think we should change anything. We are the only remaining 1x speed uni left. It's what keeps us unique. And if you look at the stats of newer speed unis that came after Dorado...their population numbers are lower.

Dorado needs to remain 1x speed for everything.

• it does keep you unique

it also pretty much means that when a merge comes 90% of you will quit cuz you`ll be so far away from others

instead of that, vote for increased eco, and leave speed at 1x

so that you might have a chance to catch up to the old universes and be worthy of a merge

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

• A better alternative would be to make Dorado a target uni for people that want to leave the speed unis.

• That would be difficult from tech perspective.

I would say go eco x2, all the way.

Cheers,

• From Mr Freeze of Dorado:

Mr Freeze13.02.2020 14:09:43
    I am not a member of the forums yet , but I do read there.
    Mr Freeze's Opinion / Vote: Dorado should stay as X1 for Eco, Speed and everything else. It'll be a benchmark or standard server in the Multiverse of Ogame. I do agree that Dorado should be a Target Uni for Mergers from Old / Dead Speed Uni's.
    Pagan may post this in forums if he wishes on behalf of Mr Freeze , I agree to this and above text is my Vote.

That would be difficult from tech perspective.

I would say go eco x2, all the way.

Cheers,

No idea, computers and coding are not my fortay. I would imagine mergers are very low on the priority list regardliess.

But I disagree, I don't think there should be any changes...it's what makes Dorado unique.

• Actually, imho, going ecox2, will keep us quite unique, since we do not have any other perks + it may retain some players looking for faster achievements and stuff.

• 1x eco: 1

2x eco: 1

3x eco: 0

4x eco: 1

5x eco: 5

6x eco: 5

7x eco: 10

1x fleet: 6

2x fleet: 3

3x fleet: 4

4x fleet: 2

5x fleet: 2

6x fleet: 6

4x research: 1

12x research: 6

Based on those stats I would stick with 1x 1x and possibly request 2x research speed.

Going 1x 2x 4x would make this uni basically galatea minus def to DF. Not very unique imo.

The only major factor to consider is what happens in a merger.
    With us being the only 1x eco uni, we will be behind everyone else.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nixian ().

• First, 1x speed, 1x eco. Wouldn't mind 2x aor 4x research speed. Other than that, keep it as it is.

As for merge possibilities, there aren't really that many.

1. Being merged with high fleetspeed, high eco uni. :Vomit:

2. Being merged with either Virgo or Aquarius (both 1x, 7x unis, with much higher DF%). Accounts are much, much, much bigger there, so any change in eco speed would make absolutely no difference. :Vomit:

3. Being merged to Galathea (1x, 2x, 50%DF, 50DiDF). This uni is the most alike and probably most likely merge candidate. However, the merge will not happen for at least several months, probably a year. And even in that case, what would give way? DF, DiDF or Dorado players?

4. Being merge target like Pagan suggested. Severely doubt this would happen.

• keeping 1x 1x and us being the merge target is the ideal situation, I wish this was the plan. Although there wouldn't be many unis they could realistically merge into us. Unless they release a couple of new 1x speed Yx eco unis in the next half year and then merge them into us.

• keeping 1x 1x and us being the merge target is the ideal situation, I wish this was the plan. Although there wouldn't be many unis they could realistically merge into us. Unless they release a couple of new 1x speed Yx eco unis in the next half year and then merge them into us.I

I dunno how coding works at all, but I know in past mergers you could have a couple different choices for target unis. I would think they could put paremeters in place that allow for acceptable ranges to merge into target unis. IE, set parameters on max. points, military, eco, etc. and if they fall under those parameters then they can select Dorado as a target uni to prevent getting players that are too OP for our server.

Lots of people start this game having zero idea what the speed settings even mean and they're set up for failure because they can't manage it the time requirements needed to participate. With my suggestion, they would then have an opportunity to move into a 1x uni more suitable to their play style.