Uni specifics change - NOT FLEET OR ECO DON'T KILL ME

• First, 1x speed, 1x eco. Wouldn't mind 2x aor 4x research speed. Other than that, keep it as it is.

Correct me if I'm wrong but research speed can be the multiple of economy speed minus the case where eco speed is x1.

I'd prefer if everything stayed as it is, but you can't always get what you want. So an increase to x2 eco and research can be brought to the table. Messing with the fleet speed makes it so it's not Dorado anymore and I can't think of a better way to destroy a uni other than DiDF. Raising the percentage of DF a crashed fleet leaves to 50-80% keeps the uni balanced (as balanced it can be in the discoverers era).

I don't care if we get merged with stronger players as long the nature of the uni stays put. What cathedral suggested would be ideal but it's very difficult to happen.

I dunno how coding works at all, but I know in past mergers you could have a couple different choices for target unis. I would think they could put paremeters in place that allow for acceptable ranges to merge into target unis. IE, set parameters on max. points, military, eco, etc. and if they fall under those parameters then they can select Dorado as a target uni to prevent getting players that are too OP for our server.

During a merge GF takes the age and specs of the uni under consideration. I can't remember a case where individual criteria were taken into account.

• Correct me if I'm wrong but research speed can be the multiple of economy speed minus the case where eco speed is x1.

If I understood correctly, research speed can only be a multiple of economy speed and multiple of 2. For example in 1x eco speed it could be 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x and so on. I could be wrong. But so far I haven't seen a 3x research speed, however, we are only uni with 1x eco speed.

• During a merge GF takes the age and specs of the uni under consideration. I can't remember a case where individual criteria were taken into account.

There have been some cases where a huge points/military disparity took place and a bunch of high powered players got dropped into a target uni that had no hopes of being able to compete with them.

Back when the first mergers happened people very quickly learned how to manipulate things to their favor...in most of the mergers players were told they only had one choice to choose as a target, unless they already had an account in the primary target uni. Then they would be given the opprortunity to choose the alternatve. So, lots of people went and made dummy accounts in the primary targets so they could choose the alternate target uni where they would be much more OP than eveyrone else in the alternate. So you wound up with a crap load of OP accounts coming from a variety of unis to a target uni whose original players were at a fraction of their new neighbors.

Not sure what a fair set of parameters would be though.

• Nobody really cares about the research ATM tho. So it won't hurt.

Lowering the deut consumption seems all right.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Arthorr.jpg

• I wouldn't mind ecox2 and research increase, that would be reasonable, especially as it could mean merging becomes a more likely and balanced future. Don't mind tweaks to DF rates. But fleet speed has to stay x1 for me.

• I get the general feeling here is no changes so I will not place any poll in this server for the moment.

I get the general feeling forums is close to dead, so setting up poll options could still be viable. No changes is always an option. But at least X2 eco and X4 research looks super justified at this stage.

And we will remain unique, the slowest uni still.

Uni2 - Uni 12 - Andromeda - Retired.

Dorado - Active.

• I get the general feeling here is no changes so I will not place any poll in this server for the moment.

I get the general feeling forums is close to dead, so setting up poll options could still be viable. No changes is always an option. But at least X2 eco and X4 research looks super justified at this stage.

And we will remain unique, the slowest uni still.

Yes, let's have a poll ingame, and see what comes out. x2 eco and x4 research speed.

• IMO If we change, we just become another speed uni...if we remain unique, we have a greater shot at longevity. I did inquire about making us a target uni in future mergers for people that want to slow down and I was told they would pass that on to the team, but that also it's too early to discuss mergers.

• IMO If we change, we just become another speed uni...if we remain unique, we have a greater shot at longevity. I did inquire about making us a target uni in future mergers for people that want to slow down and I was told they would pass that on to the team, but that also it's too early to discuss mergers.

Well, let's have the vote. IMO if we don't we will just get whacked. piink can we have it, please? X2 Eco, 4x Research.

Dorado - Active.

• I don't understand why spec change is "super justified'', how did you end up on that conclusion dragon? The only strong argument for change is that we'll fall behind. All other arguments were simply based on greed, nothing else.

And someone please explain to me, why is it bad if we merge with stronger players. You are all acting like we're getting merged with Quantum like tomorrow.

• That's a good point - my gut reaction was that it's not good to be merged with stronger players - but indeed now you mention it, it's just further opportunity for progression and targets to aim for. It's not at all bad.

• I don't understand why spec change is "super justified'', how did you end up on that conclusion dragon? The only strong argument for change is that we'll fall behind. All other arguments were simply based on greed, nothing else.

And someone please explain to me, why is it bad if we merge with stronger players. You are all acting like we're getting merged with Quantum like tomorrow.

There is a difference between strong, and overwhelming...some of the mergers had really huge disparities not just in overall points but also military (notably fleet strength) between the different unis that merged. I'm all for competition, but you have to be realistic about who gets to jump into that swimming pool. In one of the mergers I was in I could best equate it to taking accounts like mine, Iskanders, Dragons, Kovas, and Exterminators and dumping it on Dorado when it was only a month or two old and saying "good luck!" to the people that were already there. And worse yet, those moves were strategic and those accounts all had self preservation in mind and went into the same alliance where they were without equal. I don't know what those parameters should look like when determining it here and how you make it fair to the entire population of the uni. It's one thing to make it competitive for the top 10...but making it competitive for the top 10 could make it virtually impossible for the rest of the top 100 and below to survive in that kind of environment.

My vote to any uni spec changes would be a resounding no. I think we're unique and I think we need to stay that way. I also think we need to be vocal about our desires for mergers (as far off as they may be) and try to establish Dorado as a target and landing ground for people who want to move to a slower paced uni. I would probably quit if we changed the specs, I only chose to play again after a long hiatus because this speed fits my lifestyle and play style. If people want speed, they should move to a speed uni. There are enough of them out there to choose from but there is only 1x, and that's Dorado. Even uni 1 changed, so we're it.

Well we will fall behind. Ogame, sadly is not 1x Eco for a long time. The numbers and the game are in another level, also the player losing rate. And every uni, literally, besides Galatea, will swipe us down, while we have a nap. Furthermore, I believe we will be merged with higher eco uni, I might be wrong, but the odds in our favour. And Galatea are likely getting X4, so we can at least try to stay close for a future, possible merge. Also eco x2, gives benefits to everyone, besides General, but general is born dead class, so doesn't really matter.

In conclusion, we are like 8 people here, out of whatever active players we have left ~120. So it's not for me to say, do it, or for anyone to say don't do it. Let's vote and see.

My vote to any uni spec changes would be a resounding no. I think we're unique and I think we need to stay that way. I also think we need to be vocal about our desires for mergers (as far off as they may be) and try to establish Dorado as a target and landing ground for people who want to move to a slower paced uni. I would probably quit if we changed the specs, I only chose to play again after a long hiatus because this speed fits my lifestyle and play style. If people want speed, they should move to a speed uni. There are enough of them out there to choose from but there is only 1x, and that's Dorado. Even uni 1 changed, so we're it.

We will still remain, the only 30% df uni, besides uni 1, I believe. We will also be the slowest uni out there. And Fleet speed is what fits schedules, doubling the production from 7-10m, per day to 15-20m per day, will means just double the def, nothing pretty much. Oh and build more cargos, but that is all part of the game.

Let's be fair for target uni - it won't work, as you hope, most uni's past Dorado level in a month or two, so this will attract too few players, or it will attract accounts dump with fleet, now with the marketplace its even easier to do. Or it will have too many parameters, therefore not viable.

Cheers,

Dorado - Active.

• While I agree with you cathedral that 1x is what makes us unique, it is exactly a merger that has me so split on this topic. You mention yourself that being overwhelmed won't be good for the uni either. But that is exactly what will happen. There is literally no 1x eco uni our there. So we will undoubtedly be overrun by much bigger accounts during a merger even if it is by players that wants to slow down.

So there is 3 solutions here, neither which I am particularly a fan of:

1. Hope gameforge release a ton of 1-2x eco before the merger for us to merge with

2. Hope we don't get a merger

3. Get an increase in eco and research speed.

As I said, all 3 are solutions I kinda hate.