Marketplace prices for items: make them higher!

• Right now in Virgo, there are no items for sale, of any kind. I wondered why so I looked, and the answer is, the prices are so low that no one would ever list them.

E.g., right now the maximum price in metal for a bronze metal booster is 92,444. Now, no one would sell a metal booster unless they got more for it than they would reap by using it. So, for a 10% metal boost on one planet for a week to be worth less than 92,444, their hourly metal production would have to be less than 5503. That's a level 9 or 10 metal mine, even with no crawlers and no class bonus and no plasma technology. So, no one will ever sell a metal booster. Conversely, since I produce 725k metal per hour, I'd be willing (in theory) to pay up to 12 million metal for this item, and in theory so would anyone with comparable mine levels. The price should be ten, twenty, a hundred times as high as it is.

Similarly, right now the maximum price for the Kraken, Newtron, and Detroid are all in the tens of thousands metal for bronze, and a quarter million for gold. 15 planet fields maxes at 11m metal, and 6 moon fields at 4m. Class switches are 18m metal, maximum. That last one is a 500k DM item whose maximum price is my metal mine production on one planet, for one day. No one's ever going to sell items at these rates.

I know the marketplace in theory is supposed to adjust the rates in response to people's buying and selling behavior. I've seen it happen with the prices of the Crawler and other things. But right now, the prices of items are so low that the market won't ever get any activity with which to update the default prices.

So, I suggest that you make the range wider and bump the default prices a lot, so that some activity starts appearing, and the market can find the right price. :)

• what do you think about producing mass ships and selling them?

For example im thinking of bulding 10 battleships and selling them for 290k Crystal (Lowest it will allow)

So in the end im making almost double the crystal I used to build which is 150k, but I lose metal in exchange HOWEVER Since im desperate for crystal its a really good payoff, now imagine this with 10k BS production in a few days...

Do you think anyone would buy those Battleships?

• letc say on older uni metal boster 10 % you can sell max for 90.000 metal resources and that item when is activated on 7 days give you 2.000.000 milion per day x7 days =14 milion metal ress so i think price shuld be maybe max 5 milion to sell it and not only 90.000 ?

on begining of new uni these price is good but later when is uni older have no sense, its same for all others items

HunTeR :sniper::huntsman::censored:

• The item prices are way too low. I've got almost 250 hours of detroid time that I would like to sell, but I am not going to sell them off at these prices.

• Totally agree. Prices need to be higher on these. Let the market drive the prices. Take the limits off and see where it lands. The economy of the system should be able to dictate that.

• I think the limits are actually kind of a good thing, in letting people know the range of what's realistic in today's market. It's just that in the case of items, all the prices are too low so that there are no listings, preventing the market system from finding a real price.

• Make the items TRADABLE with other items.

Gold Detroid for Gold Metal Booster
    Silver Kraken for Silver Deuterium Booster

It's the only way I see items being even used on the marketplace. I will not sell any of mine, and I have almost 500 booster to use once I get my mines "on point".

Moons donated: 10