No more DF for Alien Ships destroyed?

• In Virgo I did an Expedition and encountered with Alien, after the battle, all their ships were destroyed, but no DF from alien ships created. Is this normal? I am using Collector class.

• I just realised that their fleets did create DF, but only about 10%, that is why I thought there is no DF from them because 10% is too small.

This is from Kalyke (Uni setting is 80% fleets to DF), they lost 514k, but only 51.8k DF created:

Combat Report Sukhavati V [3:238:16]15.12.2019 07:35:04

Attacker: (Pirates): 514.000

Resources: 0, Loot: 0%

Debris field (newly created): 51.800
    Defender: (NamoAmitabha): 4.000

Actually repaired: 0

Moon Chance: 0 %

and here is another report which was sent earlier, it seems that the DF is 10% of the total fleets destroyed from both side:

Combat Report Sukhavati V [3:238:16]14.12.2019 10:33:52

Attacker: (Aliens): 96.000

Debris field (newly created): 14.600

Defender: (NamoAmitabha): 50.000

Edited once, last by OgameMiner ().

• The thi g is, that you as collector class, cant see df in galaxy, its visible in galaxy only to discoverer class

It is true that as a Collector class, I cannot see the DF in galaxy view, however, that doesn't meant that I cannot tell if my expedition create DF on a particular slot 16, because the DF amount is reported in the CR whenever I encounter with aliens or pirates. Now my question is, the Combat report shows that there is only 10% fleet to DF, which is confusing.

• The thi g is, that you as collector class, cant see df in galaxy, its visible in galaxy only to discoverer class

It is true that as a Collector class, I cannot see the DF in galaxy view, however, that doesn't meant that I cannot tell if my expedition create DF on a particular slot 16, because the DF amount is reported in the CR whenever I encounter with aliens or pirates. Now my question is, the Combat report shows that there is only 10% fleet to DF, which is confusing.

What is confusing, discoverer have 20% to df, others 10%

What is confusing, discoverer have 20% to df, others 10%

OK, didn't know expedition DF rule is 10% for collector, so that explains it. Thanks!

• I got this very same problem in Bellatrix, i sent out a combat expo to experiment.

its a 70% debri uni and i am discoverer class.

i was expected to see a much bigger debri field.

Debris (new): 10.881Mn => 622 Pathfinder

• 6.018Mn
    • 4.862Mn

• Class:

• Weapons: 230%
    • Shields: 230%
    • Armour: 230%

Combat ships

• Heavy Fighter 0 -1.241
    • Battlecruiser 0 -168
    • Reaper 0 -105

Civil ships

• Large Cargo 0 -221

Confederation from Moon 3:90:14 Defender:

• Class: Discoverer

• Weapons: 200%
    • Shields: 200%
    • Armour: 200%

Combat ships

• Heavy Fighter 2.030 -970
    • Battlecruiser 386 -14
    • Reaper 249 -1

Civil ships
    Large Cargo 428

Trash sim says it should be 25mill + debri.

There is a 20% debri cap, where is this stated?

Currently to me this looks like a bug.

• There is no cap on how big a DF can be any more. The DF generated after a combat is 10% for Collector/General and 20% for DiscoverMasterClass.
    And its been talked and tested to death in the MCO thread and 50 other treads on the same topic.

• in essence your reccing your own debri field and gain pretty much nothing out of it to send a combat fleet into expodition.

guess w'll have to live with it

• Gaining nothing ?
    I play in a x1 Fleet x2 Eco uni with #1 on around 10M points and I get a profit of 4-6M Res (about 60-75% of as Crystal) per time I encounter Pirats/Alians.
    And doing 42-49 expos per day I get around 4-5 (sometimes more) Pirats a day.
    Its a huge profit.

• Defender: (Confederation): 13.114Mn

Debri: 10.881Mn

vs aliens.

what do you sent out as combat fleet into slot 16?

Combat ships

• Heavy Fighter2.030-970
    • Battlecruiser386-14
    • Reaper249-1

Civil ships

• Large Cargo428-172

is what i sent.

• I send 7x 1Reaper + 2000 (or more depending on what I have home atm) Pathfinders + 1 Probe.
    Pirats/Aliens I meet then only consist of Pathfinders themself and I win the fights with 0-40k losses.

• IMO, and based off my experience that is not a good combo to send. You don't want to send that many combat ships. I think, and I'm still experimenting with it myself...is that you want a very high LF to LC ratio.

I'm sending 10K LC/600 LC/1 DES/1 PATH/1 ESP in a 1x uni w/rank 1 <25KK and it's bringing me between 3KK and 4KK profit per encounter, but it depends on which size category of pirate/alien encounter you're fighting.

I just got this:

Attacker: (Pirates): 15.572Mn
    Debris field (newly created): 3.127Mn

Defender: (PAGAN): 64.000

I lost only16 LF but got a DF of 2.3KK M and 890K C. And for my uni, that's a decent profit for 2 hours of flight time.

Keep in mind, you have to accept the risk of a total loss and losing 10K LF and everything else I'm sending would still sting.

If you use http://bontchev.my.contact.bg/ogame/expeditions.html and input your fleet, it will give you a good idea what you can expect to encounter then you can sim it. Keeping in mind the difference in combat techs for pirates (-3 to yours) and aliens (+3 to yours).

• IMO, and based off my experience that is not a good combo to send. You don't want to send that many combat ships. I think, and I'm still experimenting with it myself...is that you want a very high LF to LC ratio.

I play exclusively in new Unis right now, no merchant, so I set my expos up to try to increase the amount of Crystal in the DFs.

5x eco uni, top player under 25 mill but over 5 mill
    3500 LF

2100LC

1 Reaper
    1 PF

sometimes a probe but I dont care if I am the only one in the system running expos. Saves message spam, frankly.

In Mensa, which is 1x fleet speed, I use SCs. Also 5x eco, but top player isnt 5 million yet.

3500 LF
    4000 SC

1 Reaper
    1 PF

My DFs end up 60-40 ish Metal to Crystal with very few losses. They arent huge, not looking for that right now, looking for consistent returns from as many expos as possible, and the DFs fall right into the average find from resource and ship expos.

PS:
    Is it true that Pirate-Alien DFs for non-Discovs is only 10%, not 20? I thought when they took off the cap they made it a universal thing, 20%, so all players could benefit from the chance of a big pirate battle.

Could someone link me to the official announcement of it if its true? I have looked, but dont see it in the change logs.

Brute force, if it's not working, you aren't using enough.

Edited 2 times, last by JorjX ().

• Also. this tooltip seems to be either wrong or there is a bug:

Pathfinders are fast, spacious and can mine debris fields on expeditions. Total yield also increases.

Also:

PathfinderPathfinders are fast and spacious. Their construction method is optimised for pushing into unknown territory. They are capable of discovering and mining debris fields during expeditions. Additionally they can find items out on expeditions. Total yield also increases.

But they dont seem to be reccing the debri. Is this a bug or working as intended and is the tooltip wrong..?

• It doesnt happen when the attack occurs, only Reapers do that, and only on DFs in "normal" space.

For slot 16, you send a Harvest mission with PFs. Regular recs cant harvest it.

Brute force, if it's not working, you aren't using enough.