Interplanetary Missiles - remove it! Message from collectors, turtles and miners.

• In keeping with PTW and keeping GF coffers full, I (again) suggest that the game allow insta-build of ABMs, with a selectable number of times slider, similar to the ship speed limit slider.
    Hard limit on available res though, too.

This would balance the Insta-build IPM attack.

• Wow. I've been playing off and on since 2006 and this "issue" still comes up. It comes a few times a year and gets shot down a few times a year.

The whole point behind IPM's is so you can't park your millions in resources and millions in fleet points and be untouchable.

For those who keep getting IPM'd and crashed, learn how to fleet/resource save. Problem solved. It's a basic concept that has been in this game from day 1.

Before it comes up, "It costs me millions in duet to fleetsave :crying: "

I've seen this said somewhere, "If you can't feed it, don't build it."

If everybody would just take the time to learn the basic concepts of the game, we wouldn't have to waste anymore bandwidth reading useless threads like this one.

Just my 2 cents.

Actually now that I think about it, half a cent.

Ready!! Set!! HATERS GO!!! :thumbsup:

a1_Blueeyedwolfgo.jpg
    Thank you for the great sig Blackmass.

• totally aggre with this... no FS no Fleet - same goes for RS - no RS no Ress... typical.. some never learn tho :)

gokui.png

... “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.” ...

• Wow. I've been playing off and on since 2006 and this "issue" still comes up. It comes a few times a year and gets shot down a few times a year.

The whole point behind IPM's is so you can't park your millions in resources and millions in fleet points and be untouchable.

For those who keep getting IPM'd and crashed, learn how to fleet/resource save. Problem solved. It's a basic concept that has been in this game from day 1.

Except that the problem with IPMs isn't this.

Moons donated: 10

• I'm a huge fan of IPM's, they have so many uses!

Primarily i use them as part of an offensive - defensive strategy,

They're also great at removing PTs when raiding.

If someones probing you, great way to tell them you're online

If someone raiding inactives in your systems, great way to let them know that you would rather they not.

If someone onlines whilst you're attacking them and doesnt have decency to send a msg - bombs away

If someone has high esp + officers...cheaper to check defense with an IPM then probes

Farm management

Grinding a player out

Personal vendettas

• The problem with most of those is that you get active players that just don't care and have 0 defense, it's not like IPMs demoralize a population, irradiate a planet ruining crops, they don't ruin infrastructure, they don't affect production, you can't even use them to take out sats in orbit, etc. Defense usually only matters to turtles.

• so how do you propose the usage of Crawlers? Are the collector guys who are already getting screwed when compared to Discoverers just gonna build 1000 crawlers + sats without any defense?

i dont even understand why do guys like Old_Fella and Ronald waste their time posting 50 IQ stuff here if they're not even gonna spend 2 minutes reading what the problem is actually about.

shouldnt u guys be posting weird stuff on facebook?

• IPMs SHOULD NOT be removed. That's really not the idea(well at least not mine and a few other people on this thread aside from the OP).

If not for IPMs, then turtles are pratically invincible. A top fleeter could just use an insanely large turtle and make it's fleet stationary behind it's defence and not even fleet save.

But they are way too overpowered. There's literally NO DEFENCE against them. And it should exist, 1000 players can easily IPM your planets all at once with NO BASHING rule yet you can only defend yourself with 2x the amount of ABMs of a SINGLE players' IPMs? And this is if you are online, and I'm not even factoring DM usage. And that's just ridiculous.
    And let's not talk about the ridiculousness that is protecting MOONS, where you take a day to build like 10 Plasmas(with no DM)... and 10 IPMs easily dispatch those in seconds. And this is also another reason why moon destruction is so easy as well for top fleeters or Alliances that are dominanting a Universe.

Make ABMs number be waaaaaay beyond the number of IPMs. IPMs will still be viable but not nearly as overpowered as they are right now.

• Grimm

Defences are to defend nocturn production, nothing else.

If you park behind your defences it is the first thing wrong you are doing and it is your fault if you get attacked.

Nothing....NOTHING is this game should let you think that you don't need to FS. If you don't FS it is your fault.

RIPs, like IPMs, are broken too. 5 players may attack you with a lot of RIPs, destroy your defences and lose zero, even in term of deuterium. What's the point?

IPMs costs resources, have systems limit, and complain that 1000 players may zero you in a strategic game is only nosense for me. What do you want? To be unbreakable? Invincible?

Have 1 ABM each silo lv, or 10, will change nothing. If someone want to bash you, he will do it.

Nothing else to say, except that allow autobuild is completely dumb for a strategic game.

Fleeters gameplay is already hard and have its own risks. You want to let it be even worse.

Come on guys! None IPMs you without a reason or profit. And if he do it, whatever you do, he will do it anyway. Have more defences may only let things be worse.

For this reason defences need to be the "right numbers" for your gameplay, and not a turtle.

Ps: As i already said, go play a DiDF and you will understand how to play, why and how many defences you should use.

• 1. Defences are for the player to decide whatever the hell he wants to do with them. You don't decide what a defence is used for.

2. RIPs are not like IPMs at all. What the hell is this comparison? You are trying to "teach" us how to play and you begin with an apples to oranges comparison? Do I really need to tell you the differences between defending against RIPs and defending against IPMs?

3. This is not strategy... This is just mindless bashing...

4. Oh, if you have a ton more ABMs, you are damn sure that this will help. And the point is exactly that, why should people want to bash turtles or any defence for that matter when no profit or honor is involved?

5. This does not hinder fleeters in any way... Fleeters are most of the time trying to find other fleets, and usually on moons (where no defences are present most of the time) to crash.

6. No one IPMs for no reason? Wrong...

• Want to do this game? Ok then...

1. You don't decide how this game should work, cause the creator/developer said it works like this. Learn how he designed this game and adapt your plays.

2. IPMs doesn't farm your production. IPMs costs resources. People usually do RIPs anyway. Why IPMs you and not bashing you with RIPs (especially in speed unis)?

If they IPMs you then there is a reason (point 4 and 6).

3. Like RIPs to zero your defences, without farming resources.

Exactly, what bash on defences is not a mindless bashing?

4. I'll tell you. Cause people HATE turtles. When they see one they attack just to destroy. If you don't understand that don't complain. Whenever we see turtles there is ever someone that want to destroy it, just to destroy your "safe wall".

If you didn't understood this in years, and learn how to defend without let your opponent see "turtle wall to be bashed", then complain yourself, not who like to destroy (especially in this type of game)

And if they do via IPMs you are lucky, cause they are wasting resources, that they can avoid using RIPs.

5. There is something called farm. And not everyone focus on inactives ones.

6. It is not wrong, it is right. If they IPMs you to destroy your turtle, they're IPMs you cause you created a turtle that they can see and hate.

For this reason you should learn the exact number of defences you need to build to protect production and don't incentive your opponent to say "oh a turtle...let's smash it for the pure fun, or glory cause "i can"".

I play in a 7-6 and never got IPMed, except when i did something to a fleeter that he not liked.

What you all are asking is pure nosense. And i'll show you it with my last question and answer. Later i'll reply no more here.

When you use your resources in defences you already knew that those are resources wasted, that you will not get back (except scrap). You are wasting resources you can use somewhere else.

Now, the point is, is good to waste those resources? Yes, if they can protect other resources.

But you knew from the start that IPMs and RIPs may zero them. So, why waste more resources than needed to protect other resources? First step that you are doing wrong.

Now, let's finish with THE question that will show everyone why this is nosense.

You got IPMed for fun. No resources farmed or attack to destroy your ships.

So, the point is, if you lost nothing more than you've already lost when you builded those defences....what is your damn problem? You lost no more ships or resources, so why complaining about?

I'll tell you why you're complaining. You all are complaining cause you want to be able to park ress or ships behind your turtles, and this is absolutely wrong. No FS no ress/ships.

You got IPMed without attack, both you and your opponent lost resources (that you already lost when you builded them), keep going and find a way to not allow your opponent to farm/crash you, or IPM you again.

This is the reason why defences exist, not to park behind turtles relaxed. And this is the reason why i told you that defences are for nocturne production.

If you use them to do "other things", like your point 1 said, you are betting on the wrong horse.

So, again, it is your fault that don't want to accept how this game is designed and adapt to it.

On top of that, you don't receive either my suggestion to let improve your game expirience.

Cause you see me like "someone that is here to teach something to others". Everyone may teach everyone else somethig. If you lack something and don't want to improve don't point your finger to me. I said already too much, even for people that don't want to listen and improve.

Ps: I will not read again what i wrote, sorry if i wrote something wrong. I'm not english.

• I thank Legor everyday for the fact that he sent his prophet to guide us to the oTruth.

1. Make moons IPM free again :D

• I think the main issue being overlooked here is the DM abuse.

Without DM, this would not be an issue.

Without DM, the game would not be profittable for GameForge.

You need to live with this. It is the way the game is played. You need to be active enough to defend your resources by running from fights, not sitting behind defense.

Otherwise being active and paying money (what GameForge wants) has no incentive. Be grateful this game was developed for you.

Spend a little DM yourself as a thankyou.

• And let's not talk about the ridiculousness that is protecting MOONS, where you take a day to build like 10 Plasmas(with no DM)... and 10 IPMs easily dispatch those in seconds. And this is also another reason why moon destruction is so easy as well for top fleeters or Alliances that are dominanting a Universe.

You should never build any defense on a moon ever.
    Learn to play the game.

• Let me ask this again, how do you suggest to defend +1000 crawlers +2000 sats + overnight production?

Your whole argument revolves around "yurrr durrrr safewall to protect your fleet yurrr durrrr", but you do realize that theres people out there who dont have daily hours to dedicate to this game right? some people can only login once or twice a day. So HOW do you suggest that those people play?

Its pretty funny the kind of mental gymnastics that people here are doing to defend something so retarded. Do you actually think its logical that someone with a lvl 2 silo can destroy a whole defense on a planet with a lvl 20 silo, in a couple of hours or less?

Seems that theres a lot of hate for "turtles" around here, and thats the only reason you're trying to argue back with nonsense...

main arguments:

"it was created this way years ago. therefore doesnt need to change"

"just adapt lol"

"people wasting DM to easily bash you? rethink your strategy"

"be an addicted nerd to ogame and dont let your resources sit for too long"

"just fleetsave lolz"

its pretty obvious that the implemented system wont change since it gives GF a lot of cash. That wont change the fact that its completely unbalanced and the only reason it remains that way is due to the fact that its a P2W game.