Interplanetary Missiles - remove it! Message from collectors, turtles and miners.

• really, what i would say is yes, increase the ABM, but never only rely on your defenses to protect large assets. if profitable or leave a window open, you will be attacked. keep fleet saving your mats and hide your fleet during times your not able to be on from either moon to moon or moon to DF. if you have mats you can not transport, only transport major mats (mainly deuterium and crystal) and the rest just spend on what ever you can to rid of the rest. the main key is to keep yourself without profit.

• i actually like this idea, most fleeters sit below billions of res and millions of DM so its not a problem for them even when they want to just bully someone (for some fleeters, they even have said that profit is not important) so this is a good idea for the turtles of the game

• I also think that Silo should allow more Antiballistic Rockets, specially on higher levels. It should not be such lineal feature since the game isn't it.

any possibility the devs could reply to this game breaking situation?

• Doesn't the capacity of a silo already increase with every level?

Since 2008
    Uni 1, 20, 29, 30, 38, 40, 44>uni 1, Taurus>uni1, Kallisto, Quantum

Posted HoFs in Taurus since April 2016: 177 (merged 2018)
    Posted HoFs in merged uni 1 since November 2018: 23
    Posted HoFs in Zibal since Jan 2019: 56

• I also think that Silo should allow more Antiballistic Rockets, specially on higher levels. It should not be such lineal feature since the game isn't it.

I think that devs are not who decide if anything gets released or not, is the product management

Anyway, they are looking on the boards to get feedback for coming developments.

Lets not exaggerate about ABMs when there are actual game breaking situations right now

See:

• Pushing via marketplace
    • Phalanx not working

Current Universes: Europa, Kalyke
    Former Universes: 3, 18, 30, 35, Jupiter, Nekkar, Quantum, Xanthus, Fenrir, Janice.fr
    Basic 20%: 1000+
    Advanced 20%: ~200
    Top Tens: 10-1

• Yeah, this isn't a game breaking issue at all... More of a balancing issue.

imo it sure is.

If some dude has an issue with me and decides to dedicate his wallet to end my turtles all he has to do is to relocate next to each of my planets and spend an hour per day destroying dozens of millions of defenses with no effort at all. satellites? cant to them. crawlers? useless.

What can i do in that situation? v-mode and forget about ogame. either that or spend enough DM when getting attacked if im lucky to see it coming. since im a miner i have no interest in being raided every night because i then have no defenses to protect my resources since I cannot be in ogame 24/7.

luckily, theres not many people willing to spend that much money to pursue such an effort. but its possible and it does happen.

If its something that can make you quit the game because you cant do anything about it then its game breaking.

• Ronald Reagan called...

1plodj.jpg

...and he wants you to get rid of those ground based ABMs like he tried to in the '80s!

giphy.gif

And put that shit in space on satellites where they belong!

1tzY.gif

Or maybe...just maybe use LASER beams to shoot down missiles like he proposed with SDI.

giphy.gif

Of course there was always this marvel of land based laser ABM technology:

SophisticatedIllfatedArmedcrab-size_restricted.gif

But seriously...maybe it's time we looked at shooting down IPMs with fricking laser beams.

f19cda1fbbf7b65182fb4761e2eb845fd9dbf59d4dfc7466a148ba6d1aa164ab.jpg

• I have to disagree... If there was no fleet part of the game, ogame would be like farmville.. but space version. Now, if the top fleeters of a uni can't go through any defense, they're doing something wrong. Everything has a cost, if you are getting nuked and losing your defense for no profit, then the attacker already payed the price. Payed with his/her resources and possibly DM. If they're spending their money and resources into nuking you and taking whatever u have sitting or whatever u have on fs return well then.. you should rethink your strategy.

• Now, if the top fleeters of a uni can't go through any defense, they're doing something wrong.

I stopped reading right here.

"Now if the top fleeters of a uni can't go through any defence, they're doing something wrong".

This is absolutely wrong. Those fleeters are not doing anything wrong. It's the ones who are defending that are DOING IT RIGHT! It's defence's job to make an attack unprofitable, this is the whole point of defence (which is why DiDF Unis are worthless IMO).

Now, what the top fleeters WILL BE DOING WRONG, is waste millions on IPMs to not get any profit from the defender even after wasting his defences. Which is usually the case. I am totally fine with them IPMing a defence to potentially profit from a lot of resources that are on that planet or from potential fleets sitting behind that defence.

What I am against, and it's the whole point of this thread, is people who are "untouchable"(top fleeter Alliances with no competition in a Uni) to use IPMs on a defence just for fun.
    Or a guy, like dex said, from top 500 or below with a level 4 silo IPMing your 1-2 billion defence overnight with ease for fun. Let's not even talk about multi-accounts doing this.

An entire Alliance of 10-20 players can use IPMs and wipe out your defence with absolute ease. You on the other hand are just left with a measly and ridiculous ABM to IPM ratio of 2:1... Against multiple people.
    The issue? A huge imbalance.

ABMs number has to be heavily modified, as I said, minimum each level of silo should give is 10 ABMs for 1 IPM or a formula like someone posted here before.

• Well if you're not gonna read you should not reply at all... Otherwise you would've gotten the part where I didn't talk about profit or no profit, just fleet overpowering a big defense. And you would also have gotten the part where I stated, the offender is already paying the price with his own resources and DM to clear the defense on whatever he/she wants cleared. So... yea. Have a nice weekend

• Grimm

For you is not balanced that 10-20 players can zero your defence in a night (even for fun)?

We are talking about 10-20 vs 1. Exactly what may be "balanced" in this situation? A player that may defend alone vs 20 players?

This is a strategic game, more people is equal to more power. About money GF cleared all things pretty well. If you spend you have right to be a step above who do not.

On top of that, these "points" are the exact reason why DiDF exist and why (1) it is useful - cause you learn to play right - and (2) everyone should think to start a uni with it.

I learned to play OGame as a pure miner thanks to a uni with DiDF...without fleet (cargos and RIPs to slow excluded).

Even if you do 10 ABMs for each IPM you will obtain nothing. Cause 20 persons may be able to zero a defender anyway. Especially if they use DM.

• Grimm

If you spend you have right to be a step above who do not.

and that is why ogame is a dead game.

And it will stay that way because people got used to how it works right now.

play it until youre frustated enough by DM users that you will never touch this hot pile of garbage again.

sooner or later that will be me, you, and everyone around here. unfortunately IPM missiles are a very small issue which will never be fixed since its tied to the P2W factor :crazy:

• dex You're not going to get rid of the DM stuff...ever. What I am surprised by though is that Game Forge hasn't learned from all the iOS and Android apps/games and allowed advertisers to provide an option to make DM by viewing video ads, taking surveys, etc. Provided they don't make the amount of DM received a pittance from doing so I thnk it would be beneficial to the community as a whole.

I think a few items that would make it less frustrating for those that don't buy DM versus those of us that do (and I love me some DM) is to eliminate the ability to insta build. IDAGF that we're able to use DM to put ships into queue, build mines, do research, get boosters, etc. but having insta build to magically build a gate on a new moon we made with probes in a matter of minutes while someone is trying get at least 6 hours of sleep between getting bashed is a bit unfair to them IMHO. Or the ability to insta build a wall of PTs or whatnot, especially in the early game for an insta-ninja. Or the ever popular, insta-REC becaue you overslept and logged on a few minutes after your fleet was wiped out to steal the DF out from under the nose of the attacker whose REC are still an hour or more away. It would also, to a defgree, limit the onsset of a huge point disparity/gap as people would still have to wait for things to complete rather then just halve/complete their way to success immediately.

• dex i said that is GF politic, not mine. And i will never approve it, cause it ruined this game.

Cathedral

I would allow only reduce/complete to research, cause their time. Ships, defence and other stuffs don't need that option.

You want fast build? Be smart and keep your kraken/detroid when you need them.

Want JG? Reloc...so you give your opponent time to be aware of your move.

About auto-rec that is attacker fault or a fast attack. So it is right to be like it is. In fact you may have same result using detroid.

• I would allow only reduce/complete to research, cause their time. Ships, defence and other stuffs don't need that option.

You want fast build? Be smart and keep your kraken/detroid when you need them.

Want JG? Reloc...so you give your opponent time to be aware of your move.

About auto-rec that is attacker fault or a fast attack. So it is right to be like it is. In fact you may have same result using detroid.

I wouldn't allow it for research....it makes the point disparity crazy in the beginning. Especially if they immediately go for as much astro tech as quickly as possible to maximize income from additional planets to mine, additional raiding opportunities, additional expo slots, etc.

Summoning the dark lords to speed up time via dark matter magic has probably had more of an impact on the game than anything else.

And the insta REC is the fault of the attacker? What kind of logic is that? If they have detroids, then so be it...but not some wizard in the shipyard who waves a wand and "poof" enough REC to collect up a lost fleet.