time for server merge

• I am a active player in Janice, but finding things a drag with the low number of players, and finding theirs to many always in vacation mode, and think its time for some servers to get merged, not sure if other players from different servers are having same problem

• I'll just agree with GROM 's statement from above.

Real-life threats are not welcomed on this platform, yet they are allowed.

Cheating accusations and discussions will be punished, unlike cheating itself.

• Merge one empty Uni with another empty Uni = one big empty Uni..

are the Merges ever successful at all?

the problem has to be addressed from the root cause,

The roots are already putrefied and there is nothing left to do there. The are barely new players who start ogame now. Most of the new ones are the old forgotten ones who come back pushed by nostalgia.

The merges tend to solve the problem a bit, by bringing whatever active players are left together.. But time passes and more people quit, making it an empty uni again.

Sooner or later ogame will die.

Real-life threats are not welcomed on this platform, yet they are allowed.

Cheating accusations and discussions will be punished, unlike cheating itself.

first you have to define successful

My guess is that every merge was successful as after the merge there was overall less unis and the target u is had more players than they did before the merge

Easy

I am makeing Silverwind's days

And I am savage now!

• Well, let's be fair - the merge script didn't work with version 6.x of OGame.

I would hate to see it running for version 7.x - especially with all the issues people are reporting with version 7.x here on the board.

I mean, I honestly understand the frustration of playing in a dead universe.

But I'm not sure a merge right now would be in the best interest of the community.

• At the moment merge is not possible and all the efforts are focused on fixing the bugs and missing features we have after the new release and that they generate gaps ingame.

When this work is finished I guess that any merge project can be started, but that means we are a lot of months away from that point.

Anyway, for future merges we will do our best and try to get active universes where you can get fun on it :)