Fleet escapes after moon destruction

• I logged in to find that one of my moons had been destroyed by a player who had moved insystem to me, and my fleet was returning from a colony mission. I had only just woken up so I was waiting for the inevitable flashing red triangle as my fleet was visible and I had no way to escape, but when the minutes went by without any attack happening, I looked more closely and my fleet was returning to M.O.O.N.S in slot 16. I assumed that I was still going to lose my fleet and that this was a new feature of one of the classes, but it returned to the planet as it should do after a moon kill. I asked the attacker why he'd not attacked me and it turned out that he could not see my fleet on phalanx, so for some reason it was not visible to him.

I think it is important to post this here because the attacker went to a fair bit of trouble and he should have got my fleet, but I escaped and I think all you fleeters need to know that if you kill a moon and do not see a fleet, it might not be because you missed it, but because some bug happened and the defender got lucky and escaped.

Prickly Thorn.....

Thanks to Morlorv and Blackmass for this sig

madheadshrinker 18.01.2015 13:49:32
    You actually are insane

• 10/10 for the post Caroline ^^

UNI 40 >>> Top 10s >> Many :D
    Uni Mizar >>> Top 10s >> 6
    Uni Nekkar >>> Top 10s >> 14
    Uni Vega >>> Top 10s >> 6
    Uni 1 >>>> Top 10s >> 2

Advanced hits never counted
    HOFS 1000 + :D So i stopped counting
    Over All Top 10s >>> 60+

• I've had the same situation in Virgo.

Me and Heretic moved in on someone's deploy system, dropped his moons and got ready to lanx spam.

We saw the deploy on lanx for the first few minutes, but after that it disappeared and lanx would show nothing other than the "loading" gif animation displaying endlessly.

We both used a lot of bought Krakens to insta a gate so that was a pain in the butt.

• Yep it's a load of bs really... The moon destruction aspect of the game seems to be broken with this new update. GF should put a disclaimer when buying dm or something lol. As well as reimburse all spent dm on this 'broken' aspect.. But I won't hold my breath

Dark Pink, you have my utmost respect for your reaction.. Kudos

• Yes, a friend was having a similar situation, and he didn't get timed back from recalled deploy (which was also returning to slot 16) so we were guessing it was it, or a similar problem where lanx wouldn't load but instead stayed "buffering" forever, as we experienced here: .

Now imagine this scenario:

Player A has twins in system A and due to feeling unsafe decides to save as deploy to system B. Player B pops both moons in system A, realizes there's no fleet so decides to pop the moon in the system B. Player A recalls fleet but too late, so Player B being a neckbeard tryhard gets his return time perfectly, starts rubbing his palms in happiness only to ask himself one important lifechanging question.......

WHERE IS THE FLEET COMING BACK TO GAMEFORGE???

giphy.gif

Basically, even if "under the hood" everything was working perfectly, it's STILL a major issue...

I would like to commend Fenrir (S)GOs for fair response returning our lost RIPs (so your "buddy" can ask for a refund at least) and at the same time, SHAME ON YOU GF.

Practically the most important part of the game was left crippled, each uni older than a year basically turns into this gameplay style unless it's flooded with turtles and you obviously didn't spend more than two hours QAing the backbone of OGame lategame.

I am not gonna turn this into another GF related rant, I'm not gonna! Stop Savage!

• We decided to take things into our own hands and crash a marketplace abuser trader

since the GO doesnt seem to ban for buying at 80% and selling back for 120% over and over

We saw nothing on his deploys, so we thought he had simply dirty FS rather than use his deploys

(He was not xgal deploy/recalling a fleet of this size, 110kk minimum)

So we kept popping 7 more of his moons

I dont have screenshots but the moon we thought he was most likely to dirty FS from had nothing, not even a cargo fleet on lanx

Then a short while ago the cargo fleet landed on planet :mob:

Edit: Even better he has EXPOS returning on this planet

Then my ally mate was hitting the deploy planets and realized he can only see his attacking fleet on lanx for 1 of them

Some like me and savage see a loading spinner, others see nothing

Conveniently this is the planet the deploy would have been going to :lol:

To say morale in our ally is at rock bottom would be an understatement

Player will be too big to crash in maybe 1 week, 2 for sure the rate he is pushing growing

NoMoreAngel

Edit 2: No deploy recall, just a bug

Current Universes: Europa, Kalyke
    Former Universes: 3, 18, 30, 35, Jupiter, Nekkar, Quantum, Xanthus, Fenrir, Janice.fr
    Basic 20%: 1000+
    Advanced 20%: ~200
    Top Tens: 10-1

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lonestar ().

• I guess I should have specified the spinner...

I did of course. I even tried a second browser with no add ons even installed

And 3 of us tried our mobile phones. Lanx is broken, simple as that

Former Universes: 3, 18, 30, 35, Jupiter, Nekkar, Quantum, Xanthus, Fenrir, Janice.fr

• I guess I should have specified the spinner...

I did of course. I even tried a second browser with no add ons even installed

And 3 of us tried our mobile phones. Lanx is broken, simple as that

With the talk of add ons etc, I would like to add that from the point of view of me, being the 'defender', I have no add-ons of any kind. Not even anti-game, so it is definitely not a problem caused by anything like that.

Prickly Thorn.....

Thanks to Morlorv and Blackmass for this sig

madheadshrinker 18.01.2015 13:49:32
    You actually are insane

• OK, so today we were in the same situation as the other day.

We popped a player's moon, and ofc!

DGmiqJt.png

Origin moon gets popped:

Dq2DA2f.png

Let's think about this a little.

Btw, I want to remind it's been 33+ days since the bug is known :) Just in case anyone was interested. (not gonna dig now, how many market hotfixes during this period? how does this market work now?)

Also random info: DM bug where max DM harvest (in my case in Leda) was a little more than 16k DM was fixed in two days.

Possibly delayed by market issues, a "feature" which should obviously have been temporarily disabled until you know... critical mechanics of the game were working. (or until we figure out how to prevent players from turbopushing themselves to heavens and beyond through unfair rates and enabling multi users to connect their multi empire like never before. lol :hi:).

I don't understand what's the problem here really. As multiple people have already noticed, due to some shitty band-aid hotfix in the code that for some reason replaces the usual mechanism for handling fleet origin after its origin moon has been popped is changed to slot 16, which possibly causes phalanx to bug due to obvious reasons, the scanned planet is supposed to have a fleet returning and game probably knows this, just doesn't see a fleet to display because it can't handle slot 16 as origin coordinate so it's most likely stuck in this buffering loop which usually appears until all fleets are fetched.

It is at least a good starting point which would most likely solve the problem in less than 33 days, I'm not trying to be a smartass here.

When OP colonized, the origin was same as destination basically so in this case destination actually gets slot 16 bug due to fleet returning back. Origin moon got popped and origin got changed to slot 16. Bug occurs.

Today we pop slot 15, get fleet, pop slot 14 and bug occurs, because again, slot 16 is included in origin coordinates and phalanx can't display this but it knows something is supposed to land so it doesn't display message when you get nothing.

Again, hours of work and mining/farming + sleeping time wasted because Gameforge doesn't care about what the hell is happening with the update.

It's not even about the lost rips, I don't understand who has the idea that between potential idk... 20Bn profit and consolation price of getting 5-6 rips back is the same, especially second time now.

I think OGame is a bad name for the game in 2020 honestly. Taking into account the evolution of market and everything, the game should be renamed to Fallout 76 The Browser Game, perhaps even be sold to Bethesda!

I mean, just think about it!

We will have similarly completely non functioning game with terrible devs, with updates that only bring one of the following: something that ensures devs financial well being or bring more annoying errors that barely (if) ever get fixed but at least the game will be under well known company so we'll get a HUGE player influx.

Hire me as your financial advisor, Gameforge.

Not sure what else to say honestly, I am so disappointed in this game, from the way the updates were delivered to all unis even though there was 1 green flag in a vast ocean of red flags every day I get more motivated to quit for good and literally the only thing that's currently keeping me in the game is not wanting to lose OGame friends.

I mean if we are forced to be basically alpha QA testers for failed builds of your game, shouldn't we get paid in dark matter coupons, just like orange staff?

I mean at this point we are doing basically the same job, doing what's supposed to be a paid job for free, or better yet we are doing the job that Gameforge team should have done in the first place!

Makes sense to me!

Also let's not forget the part with moon events not working properly from yesterday, premium items extending construction time etc, a lot of people just brush it off as a minor bug, I've even seen players being ridiculed at official discord for complaining about this. It's amazing how some people developed this cute Stockholm syndrome during all these years :)

Definitely a lot to be said but if I want to write 500 page books I will invest my work into something useful.

I thought this whole ordeal was going to be chaotic and I was surprised because this level of chaotic I could never picture in my mind honestly. I'm both touched and impressed.

Good job, GameForge!

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117698b820414d65ceb50b5904fb69e2cd0a883363&rid=giphy.gif

• We have been holding off on trying our foe again, for the same reason.

10 people stayed awake/woke up to make a hit happen

And in the end thwarted by a bug.

Meanwhile as you stated, players are pushing like crazy with the marketplace and the GOs said it is good to go via the market

I am also losing the will to play this game, I watched a player push 6 months of growth into his acc in 4 days

And when players like us try to do something this damn bug saves them

I hate to tag random people (again for NMA :love:) but I want to make sure the developers are made aware of this bug

NoMoreAngel   Rav3n   piink   hawk