New Expeditions and Ogame

• In fact, because of these new Expos Ogame has become quite fun! New Expeditions really keep you entertained, i think GF could focus even more on Expos and focus on creating even more variety and structure around Expeditions! It's like a full-time job now, sending them Expos day'n'night, and seeing all kinds of results and amaznig loot and ships! What do you guys think ? ? ?

• yeah they did, justifiably so. even as is it still needs a bit of a nerf compared to the other classes. although it merits those who spend a lot of time in ogame sending the expos 24/7, its benefits shouldnt be so massive.

anyway what CZARAPUS said, after a while I stop reading the reports since its always the same stuff. needs some variety

• yeah they did, justifiably so. even as is it still needs a bit of a nerf compared to the other classes.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

It needs NO NERFS.

What it needs is THE OTHER TWO CLASSES NEED TO BE ADJUSTED!!!

Expos are perfectly fine as they are now. Just need to apply the eco speed to General and Collector as well. THEN I believe, all classes will be balanced.

• well it makes being active rewarded and punishing hard Vmoders.. also make you feasible to fleet kills or to get attacked while you are on expos and get the input of resources bigger and bigger, so Expos gave movement to the game

Do you want success? just play smart

• No,no,no,no ........ we don't need that all players stop to attack other players, because too much busy and too much gain by doing expeditions.
    Expedition have to be used only from a part of players, not in massive way from everybody.

Or do you like that a crasher decide that is better to spend time to send expedition, instead to farm planets or crash ships ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by TGWo ().

• But you are wrong, you decide to make Expos it's the same than decide farming inactives or to farm players, it's a new option... Expos will not make people stop attacking players, it will encourage to kill more people, they will be out of vmode doing expos and you can kill them while they AFK, Out of vmode or sleeping so you added more "movement" to the game, new options...

Do you want success? just play smart

• This is exactly what you do via production. But this doesn't improve things.

It is like TGWo said. In fact most fleeters focus on big fleets, not on 2k cargos...the time invested is not worth. Especially if you have 5-7 slot busy with expos.

I saw many discoverer fleeters that now spy no more. So the point is, if it is like you said, why this is happening?

Expos should be an extra for those players that doesn't have much time to be a fleeter. Not a new meta for everyone.

Discoverer need to be nerfed.

• It is a new meta, but it won't stop fleeters from doing their own raids.

Why would fleeters want resources in the first place? To just build ships non-stop and let them get dusted? Or to build ships to crash other players?

This changes nothing, if anything it's more resources laying around to get grabed or to be traded with, meaning, the game develops faster. This is much better as well for the start of new Universes, which before these new expos, was painfully slow.

• Let's keep this discussion going! I really like the new dynamic with Expeditions. I think the new Expeditions really revived the gameplay a little bit , and opened more lines of gameplay for us. Expos should NOT be nerfed at all, rather we now have to fine-tune and build upon that further. New Expeditions are like loot boxes in other games - they're kinda addicting, rewarding and fun. (i never encountered loot boxes personally, but we all understand how they work). Anyway, now We just have to prevent GF from making Expeditions so good that they will start charging DM to send them ;D

• I'd really like to see it evolve into some sort of quest, more than a gamble thing.

For example, you send an expedition - it reaches the destination and find something:

1. A journal of some sort with some coordinates. You then have to send some fleet/cargoes (it may be written there or calculated by your crew by the case) and then you get some bigger bonus, not like the current expos.

2. You may find an asteroid containing some resources to be extracted. You now have to send there a colony ship and build up mines (they can be special, not like the one on the planets, cheaper and a much faster rate of extraction, due to the fact that the resources are more exposed than on the planet). You mine in out and the deliver to your main - then the quest is done.

3. You find a small portion of fleet ( let's say around 2k lc, 4-5k lf, 500 recyclers etc etc) which are about to engage in combat with some pirates. Now you have to send some fleet (again, it should be pointed out how much of each ship) to help them. And you have a countdown. If you do it right - you take the friendly fleet back home (plus the resources they were carrying with them) and the df from pirates.

On top of my head..

• And on top of your head you thought of a better solution that what... 5-15 people thought of in 4 months (not counting the initial release of expos).

Let's face it, expos are "fun" now because they're worthwhile for a change, unlike ever before.

Nothing inherently changed about expos other than ability to modify multipliers a little and nothing else. It's still same old results with numbers boosted a bit.

• And on top of your head you thought of a better solution that what... 5-15 people thought of in 4 months (not counting the initial release of expos).

Let's face it, expos are "fun" now because they're worthwhile for a change, unlike ever before.

Nothing inherently changed about expos other than ability to modify multipliers a little and nothing else. It's still same old results with numbers boosted a bit.

I created something to talk about modify expos. To allow them to be "quest"/"farm" based, and not random/luck based.

I even said something about planets in p16 and pathfinders to farm them (so they have a role instead of have just one for each expo).

The problem is people like to snob everyone and just give dislike without say anything that may improve an idea. On top of that, they read and reply only to who they want.

Anyway good ideas alex. :thumbsup:

• Don't take anything personally. There is a lot of talk about the update everywhere on the board and a lot of things go without being read, not because people choose what to read, but because there is a lot to read :D

Let's go through this ideas and come up with a new thread more where we will compile and polish everything to be able to make a suggestion.

Blackmass can help with math :)

• Alex,

The current way things work here is absolutely ineffective and has to be changed.

It's simple.

Org is I think the biggest community OGame has, why is there not 1 person on this board that can give final answer for anything?

This is not green/orange team fault, but if we are gonna have suggestions, complaints, urgent situations (and we've had many of these lately let's be honest) this board needs to have 1 person who has ability to influence OGame directly.

As some staff already stated, a lot of ideas end up being rejected simply with "yeeeeeea, we're just gonna stick with how it works atm", there's unavoidable but very noticeable lag between mail or PM exchange and in the end, when Gameforge makes a change and doesn't say anything like forced update from a month ago, forum staff doesn't know anything, because there's no one on these boards (at least not active enough) who is directly related to OGame devs/management, w/e.

• when will they fix the DF from battles with pirates/aliens? its at what, 10% right now?

It is not even broken

This is how it is suposed to be

And yes there will be some big million fleets flying to expo, try catching those?

I am makeing Silverwind's days

• The only way i realized is possible is to crowdfund the money to buy Ogame off gameforge for good and install a new leadership to develop Ogame more actively! Imagine this scenario. :)

when will they fix the DF from battles with pirates/aliens? its at what, 10% right now?

It is not even broken

This is how it is suposed to be

And yes there will be some big million fleets flying to expo, try catching those?

it's actually a great idea to make Expos lucrative in this way too. Make Pirates/Alien DF the same as Uni DF and let the fun begin ;D yes, everyone will start sending Expedition non-stop, but then there could be fleeters around who have Lanx and will hunt these expeditions other players are making. This will actually create even more dynamic! :)

• Expeditions have definitely not been nerfed:

This was with only 2.500 Cargos (+ the necessary PF Reaper and Probe).

So I'm beggining to think that with enough cargo space, even including HST, it doesn't matter how many ships you send. I think it's only necessary to send beyond 2.300 cargos when fighting Pirates/Aliens for the DF profit.

My biggest find so far. Has anyone ever gotten more than 100 million?

• As quantity the biggest I got was 81mln+

As value - my biggest find was 32,900,000 Deuterium.

virgo x7 eco