Remove DiDF feature

• Can we remove this feature i don't like DiDF unis. It does not feel original and it doesn't make sense either, how can Defense form a DF in space again?

• I agree that it doesn't make sense and it's also terrible gameplay-wise since it kills the concept of defence entirely.

But, I don't agree with removing it entirely from original DiDF servers. There exists a small percentage of players that do like such Universes so for them this is good.
    There are very few of these in the first place anyway.

And if you don't like it, just simply don't play in a DiDF Uni mate. :)

One thing however that GF should never do is making Universes that started without the DiDF feature, to have it implemented. That would probably make a lot of players quit said Universe, and that will include myself. Suddely I have my 200b turtle turned into a huge profit? That would be a huge "fuck you" to any of us that invested in defences.

• Man, I hate how English people drink tea in the afternoon... I propose a global ban on tea. :D

I like DiDF because it makes the game a lot more dynamic for the cost of lower uni lifetime.

The more the better!

There are pros and cons for each type of uni, but the DiDF ones are simply unforgiving of leaving your fleet on the planet early game and I get that people can't invest enough time to collect 2-3 times a day or all that, but when you think about it it's not that bad. (plus leaving your fleet on planet and not even logging in should be punished no matter the uni stats)

Instead of each player having their resources produced only for themselves, others will generally try to snatch it and in a few hours when someone who attacked you goes to sleep you clean their planets, simple as that. It opens chances to ninja or return fleets (a lot of people oversend, or vastly stronger players tend to farm with reapers and other ships).

It's not that bad except you can't go all in on defence. 1-3M defence with 1M loot will generally stay untouched as little people want to send 30 recyclers in lategame to waste a slot when they can use that same slot to gain triple res just from farming.

If you overbuild, like 50+, you can expect someone to six wave you, if not multiple people with even more waves but I always try to warn new players to avoid that practice and use said ress for something useful, mines research or whatever.

Bottom line is, it's just a pure fleeter uni. There are unis that are extremely unfriendly towards fleeters but I don't see them complaining, in fact maybe some players out there took it as a challenge :)

• Can we remove this feature i don't like DiDF unis. It does not feel original and it doesn't make sense either, how can Defense form a DF in space again?

Or you could just choose to play on a server with the setting you like.
    Let us who enjoy it enjoy it and play on our servers.

And if we gonna start talking what makes sense or not then the whole game goes down the crapper XD

• if you dont like the specs go play into another uni..there plenty of them which doesnt feature didf

Unfortunately barely any unis with low eco and fleet speed

Dorado comes into mind.

exactly... only one. Which is my point

and you are not playing there, instead of a non didf uni

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Arthorr.jpg

• if you dont like the specs go play into another uni..there plenty of them which doesnt feature didf

Unfortunately barely any unis with low eco and fleet speed

i wasnt taking about eco or fleet speed..only didf.....if a player has chosen a certain uni i assume he has read the specs of the uni and understood it...unless its a new player

• speaking as someone who does not in any way benefit from DTDF (and certainly doesn't hit turtles for the df) I agree with the others... Leave it alone. Go play non dtdf unis if you don't like it.

NOW PROVIDING A FREE FLEET

:quote:RECYCLING SERVICE:quote: 

• to be fair the defence to df % is fairly low....unless you have an insane turtle or don't clear your planets before going off line it's not going to get you farmed

Found my old sig, credit go's to Delta ( not sure if he is even around still xD )

• to be fair the defence to df % is fairly low....unless you have an insane turtle or don't clear your planets before going off line it's not going to get you farmed

I can confirm bunny's planets are safe :tongue3:

NOW PROVIDING A FREE FLEET

:quote:RECYCLING SERVICE:quote: 

*laughs in Fenririan

• Make Quantum x1 fleet as it's too fast.

Real-life threats are not welcomed on this platform, yet they are allowed.

Cheating accusations and discussions will be punished, unlike cheating itself.

• Make all unis x1 x1 x1 with 100% DiDF no DM no ACS and no Fleet DF

lol wtf, thats like the end of ogame right there.

xD

I did hope ppl would see the irony in that comment ;)

The point i was trying to make is that we have a massive amount (not all good tho) of unis to cater to the very many diffrent playstyles (and to make GF money ofc) so to rant about 1 uni's settings is such a, imo, useless and timewasting move. As said before, if you dont like the settings then play somewhere else.