Server settings

• i think it would be Great, if you Remove the Deflection Rule with Sheilds.

how can 1 Death star Survive 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 Rockets...

Keep Deut Costs the Same, You gotta pay your Keep.

• - DF change fine, but imo 60% would be the max I would vote for

Even that is way too much... Realize that if you send a fleet of just Light Fighters Cruisers and Battleships you almost literally can get 60% of those losses back from the DF. Top fleeters namely in our Universe can even afford to just send LF + BS because that's how OP they are and yeah, that would be a literal 60% resources lost back (and there's always the WF if you are a General, which, btw, they can also afford since most of them are p2w players).

I agree with you on the x6, IMO it should never have been introduced. But heck,if it exists already, we should have it. This was the original pr0game server after all with the fastest speed settings back in the day, and it should remain that way, with just having it's DF unchanged. It will help everyone, yes, it will be a much bigger help for Deathstars and fleeters, but everyone will benefit from this. Fleeters need a raise after the niche class they got going for them.

i think it would be Great, if you Remove the Deflection Rule with Sheilds.

how can 1 Death star Survive 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 Rockets...

In theory it makes sense...

10 trillion mosquitos are never going to be able to penerate a steel wall. You will need a stronger weapon. It's the same concept... The Deathstars' shields are really strong and thus require the strongest weapons to get past it.

Plus, if this were implemented, Deathstars would LITERALLY BE USELESS. In fact, you would also make the DESTROYER and PLASMA TURRET useless by default because they are mainly built for Deathstars in the first place. And it also removes a tactical element away from the game (or several of them actually).
    Anyway, I'm replying to this but obviously GF will never implement this... It's just a dumb idea mate, not offending you.

• Fair point Grimm, But to be honest, there needs to Be counter play, when 10,000 Rips are sent to you, Even if units that could not normally damage a Rip, would instead only do 2%-15% of their Damage, it would make Fleeters actually Plan their attacks, Rather than Just launching Rips, which they know will knock down your 10B RL, 5B LL 2.5B HL.

but this might be more of a Overall Re haul of the Combat System.

• I would prefer to keep them separate, such that one setting can pass and be implemented, even if another doesn't pass.

A few people also mentioned flight speed from x5 --> x6, maybe this should be included?

• Agree with Szar for the polls:

Research from x7 to x14. (if possible, which it seems to be!?).
    Fleet speed from x5 to x6
    Deuterium consumption from 1 to 0.5
    DF from 40% to 50%

Don't like increase in DF but from 40 to 50 it's reasonable, at least to be added in a poll (I'll still vote against it though). Also, keep in mind that the Wreckfield will be lower if the Debris Field goes up. Just one thing to consider.

Research speed will surely help. I still need Dark Matter for Astro, but for other techs I can see a nice time reduction, enough for me to wait it out and not waste DM on finishing them.

Fair point Grimm, But to be honest, there needs to Be counter play, when 10,000 Rips are sent to you, Even if units that could not normally damage a Rip, would instead only do 2%-15% of their Damage, it would make Fleeters actually Plan their attacks, Rather than Just launching Rips, which they know will knock down your 10B RL, 5B LL 2.5B HL.

If 10k RIPs are being sent to you, if you are in a competitive Universe, you call for help because RIPs are slow as hell. If you are not in a competitive server, well, you and anyone just has to live up to it or quit and play in another Universe. Sometimes it's just like that.
    And if 10k RIPs are trying to attack your fodder heavy uber turtle... Just add a few RIPs behind it... And those attacking RIPs will suffer ridiculous losses. Again, it's all about that tactical element of the game. Just about a few days ago we had over 10k RIPs suffering huge losses while attacking a mid-sized uber turtle just because the defender added just about 1/5 of the number of the attacking RIPs, and he barely lost any RIPs in return, mostly defences which can "regenerate" and don't contribute to DF.
    [TOT: 68.305.560.000] GKP [ASSASSIN] & Mako [ASSASSIN] vs. Arrow [G_S_S_F] (A: 44.240.000.000, D: 24.065.560.000)

RIPs look invincible, but they are way too slow and generally, there's always enough fast fleet to take them down, bar very few exceptions.

You probably have this view because that is the reality of our server... Whoever has 10k RIPs is more than likely someone from RIO and RIO is the one dominating this Uni. Can't do a thing about it... But still, from my experience, if you are not profitable or piss them off, they won't attack you with 10k RIPs just for fun.

Moons donated: 2

The post was edited 1 time, last by Grimm ().

• Grimm i would attack your turtle just for fun if i was able.

Just saying...

About fleet speed i don't know. Fleet speed is something that should never change IMHO. People choiced a server for that setting in particular. Change speed, even counting research can't be downgrade, it may be a bad thing for someone. Not right change it while running a server...again IMHO.

• Grimm i would attack your turtle just for fun if i was able.

Just saying...

Yes, those types of players exist, people who just want to do a lot of damage. Doesn't seem to be the case here in Quantum, at least that I know of.

Speed fleet in this Universe is different. People originally went to this Universe not because it was a specific x5, but because x5 was the fastest available speed at the time. This was Uni35 if you don't remember, the "pr0game" server of a few years ago with the highest settings of x5-x5 (before new server settings like different DFs and different deut consumptions were available), but just got merged to Quantum and Electra.

Which is why we could have the option for x6 speed which is the current fastest. Although if they don't add, I will be just fine with x5. Besides, your argument could be used the exact same way for deuterium consumption, eco speed... or any exact server setting in particular. So... meh.

• Not really, deut consumption just makes things cheaper, DF just changes the profitability calculations a bit (and a 10% increase prob doesn't have much affect at all to most players most of the time). Fleet speed means that if someone has reearched a drive to a certain point to get a certain length fleetsave they can't just downgrade the drive, they have to completely alter their fleetsave habits or their playing time habits - it's the setting whose effect would go outside of the game and impact on real life, which is why I think regardless of whether this used to be the "fastest everything" server it shouldn't be changed.

• Not really, deut consumption just makes things cheaper, DF just changes the profitability calculations a bit (and a 10% increase prob doesn't have much affect at all to most players most of the time). Fleet speed means that if someone has reearched a drive to a certain point to get a certain length fleetsave they can't just downgrade the drive, they have to completely alter their fleetsave habits or their playing time habits - it's the setting whose effect would go outside of the game and impact on real life, which is why I think regardless of whether this used to be the "fastest everything" server it shouldn't be changed.

Yes, one point that stands out is indeed that you cannot downgrade a drive... While against a deut consumption and DF change, the defenders just have to increase their defences a bit to be less profitable, and the attackers won't be so punished when things go south since they can recover more of their lost fleet as well.

From x5 to x6 it's a 20% difference in speed. Which is not small by any means, but certainly not a huge difference either. It wouldn't be so hard to adapt to this change, unless you already have pretty much top-tier drives and fleetsave using 10% with a Deathstar to the longest galaxy away from you. In this case, it might indeed have an impact, but other than that, especially those who are still developing their drives and use variable speeds and systems/galaxies, it would just be a matter of adaptation with the selection of speeds and systems/galaxies.

I still won't mind sticking with x5 and especially if it's a really huge deal for a ton of people. I will be bothered though if the speed is lowered... Literally screw that.

What were the specs of the Universes that merged into Quantum? I remember that U35 was x5-x5 and Quantum the same, I don't remember Electra.

• do not change fleet speed, I can hardly go on bathroom without fleet save and think if is more faster? no way:biggrin::biggrin:

maybe little biger crawler forumula for collector class ?

• I'm getting impatient and want some polls.

It seems like everyone can agree on x14 research.

Didn't see anyone disagree on +10% df.

0.75 consumption was suggested instead of 0.5 consumption.

Which is better. To go for 0.5 because it's the biggest decrease in consumption possible or to go for 0.8 (if 0.75 isn't possible) because it's more likely it'll pass.

We could ask for +5% df instead of +10% df aswell, maybe it's more likely to pass.

If nobody has voiced a different opinion before tomorrow this time I'll do @ piink and ask for these polls:

1. Research from economy speed (x7) --> x14

2. Deuterium consumption from 1.0 --> 0.5

3. Debris field from 40% --> 50%

maybe little biger crawler forumula for collector class ?

Turns out this isn't possible to change server by server, but only for all servers at once, so we can't vote on this.

• I can agree with existing a poll to choose between staying at 40% or increasing to 50%. I will vote against this change but I won't mind a poll for it.

x14 research + 0.5 deuterium consumption? I'm in.

I also wouldn't mind a x6 speed fleet increase, but, I don't fleetsave so it's really unfair of me to ask for a change like this. Only a very few would actually benefit from this.

• I also wouldn't mind a x6 speed fleet increase, but, I don't fleetsave so it's really unfair of me to ask for a change like this. Only a very few would actually benefit from this.

I wouldn't actually mind x6 speed either, but I don't think it's a good idea. It sounds like it's going to be a pretty big problem for quite a few people. Settings like fleetspeed and DiDF is probably best left untouched as it's going to mess too much with how people play the game and have set up their account.