Server Setting Change - Discussion Thread

• Europa settings are fine, no changes needed. The low DF % is intentional, if people wanted a higher value they should have joined a specific Uni tailored to that style.

Naturally Europa has very low activity, but that's a problem with pretty much every Uni these days except the most recent ones. What we need to fix that is another massive merge, not just changes for the remaining 15 players here. Then everyone will be able to pick a Uni with the best settings for himself.

• I was about to post and ask if this Uni is dying. I see some activity, but not much. They need to either make this uni more desirable, or merge us into others.

BTW, with the low DF's, how many ships for a moon?

• No changes needed. Europa's settings are fine thanks. *crawls back into hole*

*edit* On a serious note, I genuinely wouldn't want to change this universes settings but that's probably because I'm quite happy mining away. I feel any changes may just shorten the life of this uni even more...

I'm sure I'll still play whatever happens :)

Edited once, last by HorizonFire ().

*edit* On a serious note, I genuinely wouldn't want to change this universes settings but that's probably because I'm quite happy mining away. I feel any changes may just shorten the life of this uni even more...

You made one mistake in that post, implying that it has any life to begin with lmao, would you not like the increase in eco as a miner tho?

Agrom.jpg

• I hope you guys don't force everyone in your alliance to come here and write a post that they would like the DF to be 60%. There's a difference between having a discussion and creating an artificial discussion.

Hello,

DF needs to be increased. I would say %60-70.

Thanks.

You have 300k military points destroyed in a Universe that will be 1.5 years old in a couple of months. You couldn't care less about the DF %, you're just writing whatever your higher-ups told you to write over a change that your alliance is the only one pushing for. Be serious pls.

You made one mistake in that post, implying that it has any life to begin with lmao

Have all the fleeters band together in the same alliance to make sure there's zero risk of any of you losing anything to one another, then wonder why the universe is 'dead' or has 'no competition'. Very funny. :fatgreengrin:

If you guys wanted a uni with high DF %, high fleet speed, high eco and low deut consumption, you should have joined Fenrir or Janice, not Europa. We already have 3 of those settings, we won't have a 4th. When the next merge happens you can pick whatever Uni has the DF % best suited for your tastes. Until then, we don't need any changes here.

• only thing I'm concerned with is 7x eco,dont care about the rest, and I played janice from the start, left because its riddled with cheaters, I dont mind the fleet speed here, research I dont care what speed it is because I'll insta it, would just like x7 as it's what I'm used to, as a miner you cant say no to that surely?

Agrom.jpg

• only thing I'm concerned with is 7x eco,dont care about the rest, and I played janice from the start, left because its riddled with cheaters, I dont mind the fleet speed here, research I dont care what speed it is because I'll insta it, would just like x7 as it's what I'm used to, as a miner you cant say no to that surely?

Personally no, I wouldn't sacrifice Research speed just for 1x higher Eco. I would rather not be held down to doing ~20 researches per year and progressively worse as the levels go up. Late game is precisely when Research speed starts paying off in any Universe. You might be able to just insta it, but most people don't splash DM around like that.

If Research speed wasn't capped at 12x or wasn't mandatorily tied to Eco speed for whatever reason, I'd definitely support 7x Eco / 14x Research or 7x Eco / 12x Research. But as it stands I don't see much gain in going down on one setting just to up the other by a marginal amount.

You made one mistake in that post, implying that it has any life to begin with lmao, would you not like the increase in eco as a miner tho?

Haha good point! what am I talking about thinking there is life in Europa xD

I would like an increase but at the same time I wouldn't because that would take away the research speed. It's a tricky call. To be honest if we go to 7 speed then fine but I'd be happier as it is.

Can we make a poll on this thread?

• i think we have to wait a while i think the option will be given to us ingame to vote once the GOs have determined which settings will be voted on through whats said here, i could be completely wrong tho its been sometime since i had this happen mate ^^

Agrom.jpg

• Ah right! makes sense to be fair as not everyone checks the forum

Good to see you in Norma btw :)

• hello.

i think economy shall be x7. some universes have x7 settings and when the merger happens, to not be fallen a lot behind other universe’s, i think eco 7 is a must.

as for research speed, at early game it makes huge difference, at late game? well, i’d not want to wait anything thats >6 weeks but its optional since there could be players not wanting to buy DM, understandable. i think it should stay the way it is or get x14 (if thats possible, when eco gets to x7?)

for df, i think %40 df is very very little and contradicts the fact that we have high fleetspeed (to attract fleeters) and fleeter type of universe but it pays off very little at the end. imagine hitting a huge rip-based lf fleet in this universe, no matter how much fleet you have just doesnt worth it... i think DF should be at least %50, possibly %60 (if not %70, lol).

as for the masterminds who say that there are %70 df universes, yes there are. but use your brain and realize that those universes were created AFTER europa. so for players joined here and built their accounts, going into perma vmode and moving to another universe could not have been the brightest idea, correct?

also to reply on the masterminds offer on disbanding alliance and hunting each other?! i must point out, again that they are wrong... lonestar had 0 fleet, predator had 0 fleet on ramco’s account he was gifted and obey only had 255 rips when he returned to game. i was the only, sole fleeter in misfits alliance. we built fleets enough to take down the threat that was growing like a tumor and we did. luckily, all accounts were combined in 1 account... when i was the only fleeter in alliance and i never trusted u557 account completely and knowing james bond and him were buddylisted, i had ALWAYS deployed and recalled, checked my moons oftenly with alarms set during my sleep for safety reasons.

now you come and say that all fleeters band together to zero risk obviously have no clue on whats going on in this universe despite being here longer than me. every single fleet except mine (with enough dedication and some arrangements, even mine) in Misfits is possible to be taken down considering u557 acc (or eshkiya or jack, whoever will come back soon to play), bonds’ acc, aurora’s botfarm to the top account and some vmoded wckd fleets could try to make the game hard if they had the will and skill. its their choice to be passive since 8 months ago when i wasnt even in top 50 but started to build fleet in sharkpool and survived while farming / hitting every alliance’s players without backing off from any of them (balkan, pis, imu, wckd).

lets not comment out of jealousy before we get our fscts straight next time.

thanks for the thread predator, on contrary of what masterminds claim, i just came to realize this topic through the 3rd day of its creation.

13749.jpg?v=1642604403

"Fenrir, the giant wolf, could not be constrained by any means known to man, so the dwarves forged a chain, but not from metal. Nothing made by man could constrain Fenrir, so they forged it from the things we cannot see and the things we cannot hear. Like the breath of a fish… the sound a moving cat makes. The roots… of a mountain."

• It's not an easy one but interesting and good that we've been given the opportunity to talk it through.

x7 eco to keep up with other universe, makes 100% sense. I like the idea.

This means we lose the research speed, which I don't like.

To me this is a problem because I'm still growing my research techs and really don't want to have insta build research when it takes more than 4 or more weeks.

It's probably fairly obviously that I'm a miner not a fleeter so the 40% DF is what attracted my to this universe when I joined in July, as it's one of the lowest around for a speed universe. Personally, I wouldn't want to see this change but can completely understand why some would.

It actually makes sense to change it but surely that would just make this universe like the rest? Maybe an increase to 50% would be okay?

How about a crazy compromise. I'll probably contradict myself here but let's see.

What about really mixing it up by lowering the fleet and eco speeds to x5, decreasing the research speed to x10 then increasing the DF to 70/80%?

I'll see myself out

• How about a crazy compromise. I'll probably contradict myself here but let's see.

What about really mixing it up by lowering the fleet and eco speeds to x5, decreasing the research speed to x10 then increasing the DF to 70/80%?

I'll see myself out

i would love that over anything talked here. x6 fleetspeed is way too fast i believe. i kinda like the new universe, norma’s settings. very balanced both ways i think.

also horizon, get on a research’s requirements where it says 4 weeks time to get it. then calculate your expedition / production gains daily and realize without halving long research is kinda the ınly option. :(

ofcourse you can say thst youll put the exce’s resources into mines, but that will put you behind on research race.

13749.jpg?v=1642604403

"Fenrir, the giant wolf, could not be constrained by any means known to man, so the dwarves forged a chain, but not from metal. Nothing made by man could constrain Fenrir, so they forged it from the things we cannot see and the things we cannot hear. Like the breath of a fish… the sound a moving cat makes. The roots… of a mountain."

• Norma works really well with the slightly slower fleet speed, would be nice to have that here.

I don't think I was ever in the research race let's be honest xD ...that's why I put so much into my mines

• Is it too late to ask for eco x7 and research x14? lol