Expeditions : a study from the French community

• Governor Charon time to move to next SS then. I was mainly curious about the collision message since I'm yet to get 1.

I stop sending to particular system for at least 24hrs once I get swamp pets, nothing interesting or a picture of supernova because at that stage half of the expos come back empty and then i'm only burning deut so I move to next SS

• I'm curious as to what the most optimal fleet composition is, for sending expos in a 100milllion+ universe?

I play as a collector, with PF's though and I mainly want to collect ressources.

Someone has told me that 417 LC, 1 Destroyer, 1 Probe and 1 Pathfinder is the most optimal - do you agree?

• I'm curious as to what the most optimal fleet composition is, for sending expos in a 100milllion+ universe?

I play as a collector, with PF's though and I mainly want to collect ressources.

Someone has told me that 417 LC, 1 Destroyer, 1 Probe and 1 Pathfinder is the most optimal - do you agree?

Use reaper instead of dess (it is fraser). Or don't send at all if you don't want to get heavy ships.

Use small cargo instead of large, for speed.

How much cargos are needed depends on your hyper tech and uni speed. Search for ogame expo calc and you'll find one from universeview

• So I've been looking at my data (thanks Nixian) and something's fishy about depletion. perhaps not enough sample size but still. My findings were this:
    - 26 out of 40 dep1 expos had res, fleet DM or merchant, aka SOMEthing good not bad. that is 65%

- 122 dep0 out of 205 has something res, fleet, dm or merch.. that is 59%

- 2.5% of depletion 1 results had delay

- 6.8% of depletion 0 results had delay

• So I've been looking at my data (thanks Nixian) and something's fishy about depletion. perhaps not enough sample size but still. My findings were this:
    - 26 out of 40 dep1 expos had res, fleet DM or merchant, aka SOMEthing good not bad. that is 65%

- 122 dep0 out of 205 has something res, fleet, dm or merch.. that is 59%

- 2.5% of depletion 1 results had delay

- 6.8% of depletion 0 results had delay

Literally impossible to say anything with such low sample size

• My experience is :

x3 fleet uni - you should send 8 expos in the system at most. I tried sending more (12+) when I had the boosters, but the revenue went down because depletion starts around 7th and 8th expo.

x8 fleet uni - even 6 expos is too much so I had to split in two systems and do 4 at a time

The reason for faster depletion is because you can send expos much faster.

It is true that depleted expos can return something good (and if you look at individual messages it can look like that). However, I was tracking the total revenue over time (hundreds of expos) and it goes down.

So it's good to spread it out in two systems, depending on how often you send them and how fast is your uni.

• Anyone noticed change in aliens encounter? I seem to get them more scarce but they're barely profitable, if at all. Pirates still give

Same fleet like I use for past 10 months or so

ton of LF, SC and LC, 1 raper, 1 PF

• After two years this post is still so fruitful. Great work!

I have two questions, and hope the OP is still with the community.

1. Does the metal ceiling take Discoverer bonus and PF bonus into account?

2. Does the profit from military expo take into account the duet consumption of PF sent to harvest?