Black Hole rate suddenly increased after last patch?

• extra expo from admiral officer

Moderator of: Help & Questions, Universe 1 - Uriel; Quasar - Umbra

SMOD:

If you have any concerns with my modding feel free to message them

• Sorry for multipost but there is something i want to share.

Grimm

You do 4+1+1+1+1, ok.

But in, let's say, 7 hours in total you will obtain a 8+8+8+8+8.

Now, 7 hours are not enough to allow those systems to regenerate, so you will end anyway to do 8 each system and later move on other systems.

So, instead to do all this, why don't you send directly 8 each time to the same system, and do 5-10 systems up and down each wave*?

This way, until you finish the last one, the first regenerated, and you can repeat it with the same 10 systems (that you may even change if you don't like it cause you may be chased).

*To be clear an example.

You have planet in 1.100.15, you do expos in range 1.95-1.105 (or 90-110, you can extend it as much as you want).

Ps: I would never send 8 in a system, but 4 to 2 different systems. What i wrote was just to share a thought.

• cuz deut my friend :fatgreengrin:

• My experience I get a blackhole once every 2 weeks or so, Do quite a bit of expos everyday...

Also anyone know when the expo slot 16 ''recharges''?

how many expos can you send before you dry it out?

• xLuka

But he send waves to 5 different systems anyway. So, the deuterium he use should be the same. But don't have to change everytime system, just use AGR, update the slot in the "expo target" and send all 8.

• Indi

Yeah, I know for the items, but what can I do... I don't want to cook the stats too much.

Nothings: i'd say 21% is to be expected with correct play. Insights: the reload rate is 10 expeditions every two hours, and you don't want to exceed 5 expeditions in a row within a single solar system before he gets to reload. So I would recommend to go 4/4 on x1 unis and 2/2/2/2 on others.

Grimm as for resources, ships, delays, speedups, DM, pirates and aliens, it is almost certain that the 89/10/1 rule is valid (based on a highly detailed 75k sample). I can go into details if needed.

yes he is sending to 5 different ss but he is never flying out of his ss

you station your fleet for expo in the ss you wanna send it so you do not waste deuterium

4+1+1+1+1 works fine just too spread out for me

i put a planet to 3 300 and another to 3 299, split my fleet in half and sending 4+4, no extra deuterium spent, all ress is close by and easy to manage

I am makeing Silverwind's days

And I am savage now!

• Wait Museko Style .

If you do like you said - not counting the pain to change the planet cause...yeah, i hate it -, you manage to do 8 expos each ss in 2 hours, then they get reloaded with 10.

So, no more deut wasted, and easy manage of ress.

BUT, shouldn't you have less income from the 2° wave within the 2 hours? Cause after 5 it start to say that system is used by someone else etc. Isn't it a hint that you may have less % to find things or less income?

Are we sure it is worth cause the income from expos will not be lowered?

Ps: I understood about Grimm , so he split the fleet between 5 planets right? More cargoes than needed imho. More risks to be attacked (i know, he has a bunker, but in theory it is like i said).

• in theory more risk yes, but in my uni 0 risk as no one is doing fs anyways

my flight time is about 15mins, so 1,5h per wawe, if i mis it or when the delays kick in i a m prrety much ok

sometimes i reach that depletion lvl 1 and it does say someone was there before, but that happens just a few times per day, to get rid of that i would need to split furthermore and that is juast a pain

i have over 3k expo in nixi and nothing is at about 22%, as Grandpa says that is about it, i could lower it to 21 or 20 but not gonna bother

the way i did it was when i researched new astrophysics for 8th slot i just colonized new planet so no fuss there

the part about changeing the planet i do not understand

if you huting pirates you need to build the fleet and atm i need 12 shipyards 24/7 to barely spend all ress, soon i will not be able to build as much and expo provides me with ress, so changeing planets, yes all the time

And I am savage now!

• Hey guys,

I am sending all my expeditions in the same system all day long. Everyday I am changing the ss. I have good days and bad days, but I am pretty happy with the results. I've been Discoverer for 1 and a half months, so not a lot of expeditions, but I send 30-40 expeditions daily.

For 1 week I tried to send 1 expedition per system (from the same moon, but in close systems), and I had similar results, so I got back in the same system cause this is easier :)

Regarding black holes, I am yet to find one :)

Edited 2 times, last by WildChild ().

• Well what about 2/2/2/2 Museko Style ? 4 slots instead of 5? I'm pretty sure you get depletion from the 4 of the 4/1/1/1/1 system, don't you think?

Based on probes messages, I get 21% of nothing in non-depleted systems and 28% of nothing in slightly depleted systems. I don't know whether it can get worse, I presume it can. Anyway, say for instance you do 64 expeditions a day (8x8) using the 4/1/1/1/1 system. Every two waves, you get 3 depleted results on the 4 of that system (as I said you should not exceed 5 expeditions in a row within a single solar system before he gets to reload). So 12 depleted results a day out of 64 expeditions. (12x28% + 52x21%) / 64 = 22,31%.

Nothing to be taken for granted here, just trying to understand the system better by trial and error.

Edited 4 times, last by Grandpa ().

• Well what about 2/2/2/2 Museko Style ? 4 slots instead of 5? I'm pretty sure you get depletion from the 4 of the 4/1/1/1/1 system, don't you think?

didnt understand this part well

i my nixi i got a pool of 3565 expo and 207 of them had some depletion that is 5,8% of expo

i had 790 nothings of which 64 were depleted that makes 8,1% of nothings that i got were while that position was depleted

790 nothings makes 22,16% of expo

of 207 depleted expo 64 were nothings what makes 30% of depleted were nothings

speaking for myself(3x fleet, 7x ress, 0,5consumption, no need for FS uni), considering what ihave to do to lower that depletion and what it means for my logistics, ill leave as it is

there was a time i was sending all 8 expo in same ss and i was getting even over 30% nothings, but that period is not included in these 3565 expo

And I am savage now!

• Well, my point is: while 2+2+2+2 and 4+1+1+1+1 are similar in terms of logistics, 2+2+2+2 is slightly better. Because if there is a position where you send 4 slots per wave, by 2 waves, on a x3 uni as yours, you'll have done 8 expeditions in the same ss before it gets to reload - which you want to avoid since depletion comes after 6/7 expeditions. What's the english word for this? Nitpicking I guess :biggrin:

• ohhh i a ma grandmaster nitpicker :D

i dont mean anything bad just wanna meke me understand things clearly

for 2+2+2+2 i would need to relocate 2 or 1 but then all 4 planets would not be beside eachother

abandon and rebuild planets is not a option as i have no will to rebuild the mines :D

And I am savage now!

• In my case, it's because it's less of a pain to gather resources. The 2211 large cargos alongside the necessary PF and Destroyer and Probes I split between all of my planets are also used to later send them on deploy (alongside the ships, resources I got on expos AND the resources I gathered from my mines) to my bunker. Then on the next day morning I split them again from my bunker to the other 13 planets.

What I do is this:

-Morning before I go to work, I split my 2211 LCs + PF + Dessie + 10 Probes to all of my 13 colonies.
    -During the day I send 4 waves in my main planet (the one that has the bunker) and the other 4 expo slots I use them on 4 individual planets, and will keep switching those 4 planets every time I send a wave of expeditions, for example in wave one I send 1+1+1+1 on my 001-002-003-004 planets, in the next wave I send 1+1+1+1 on my 005-006-007-008 planets.

-If I get a delay, instead of sending 4 waves on my main planet, I only send 3, if I get 2 delays, only 2, and so on while I keep switching my 1+1+1+1 waves, and this is probably why my results have been so good. There was one point where I had less than 21% "Nothings" expeditions, which is the best you can get (over a large number of expos of course).
    -At the end of the day, those cargos will have more than enough space to get the resources I got from my mines on my colonies and also the resources I got from expos to my main planet. In the case I get an Extra Large loot like 100.000.000 Metal, I just send the necessary cargos from my main bunker planet via jumpgate to that planet that got that/those extra large loots.

Moons donated: 10

• how come you dont hunt pirates?

Circumstances... I'm not strong enough for that. Or rather, I could but I'm no longer the kid from a decade ago that would do so much clicking around to locate-relocate-deploy-fs fleets right and left to ensure my fleet doesn't get crashed. Which is why I'm not a fleeter. Plus, this would need 8 fleet slots of quite a large fleet (to actually profit) on different moons to no get lanxed, problem is, sometimes I idle for over 20-30 minutes and that alone is more than enough time for any outsiders to notice and crash it. Just too much effort.
    I could do this from behind my turtle but my turtle isn't strong enough for that yet. And the lack of deuterium is ridiculous, I would need some solid deut suppliers and where I play, those are already under some other fleet or don't exist.

Moons donated: 10

• how come you dont hunt pirates?

Circumstances... I'm not strong enough for that. Or rather, I could but I'm no longer the kid from a decade ago that would do so much clicking around to locate-relocate-deploy-fs fleets right and left to ensure my fleet doesn't get crashed. Which is why I'm not a fleeter. Plus, this would need 8 fleet slots of quite a large fleet (to actually profit) on different moons to no get lanxed, problem is, sometimes I idle for over 20-30 minutes and that alone is more than enough time for any outsiders to notice and crash it. Just too much effort.
    I could do this from behind my turtle but my turtle isn't strong enough for that yet. And the lack of deuterium is ridiculous, I would need some solid deut suppliers and where I play, those are already under some other fleet or don't exist.

I want to add, on top of that, that sell ships is something you can't miss.

So imho have some LFs to get a profit, even if low, from pirates/hunters is good enough for a miner. No need to focus on fleet for expos.

That would be too dangerous, even if you have a bunker.