"happy hour"

• Hey Gameforge, what's the deal with happy hour being for two hours when your players don't all live in the same timezone?

If you can be a step higher than your opponent, you are incentived to shop.

Give only 2hrs EMPOWER this aspect. Cause you know not everyone may get benefit from it...so you are even more incentived than before to shop.

Not a fan of this politic, but it seems it works.

• i can't justify buying DM anymore for this game in its current state.

A dead uni with only expo's to look forward to and everytime there aint no pirate hits it feels like i've wasted time with this game.

In the end, if nothing gets to be done to the dead unies its all a waste of time anyway.

• *moves to Feedback and Criticism*

Hey Gameforge, what's the deal with happy hour being for two hours when your players don't all live in the same timezone?

It is true there are player in different timezones. It is however not really possible to think of all people, they have to choose a timeframe. Thus, there are different times and days for this so that there are better times at another day.

i can't justify buying DM anymore for this game in its current state.

A dead uni with only expo's to look forward to and everytime there aint no pirate hits it feels like i've wasted time with this game.

In the end, if nothing gets to be done to the dead unies its all a waste of time anyway.

I get the frustration, and you are not required to buy stuff.

That is however a deeper longer discussion as there is a lot behind this - and merging universes being one of this. As it stands, we currently do not know when those happen again.

Be head to serve, not to reign(Bernard von Clairvaux)

Board Administrator

Problems on the boards? Username change? Send me a PM

We are always looking for new moderators!

• There is a marketing purpose behind this. 50% is quite a lot, so it doesn't happen that often.

Board Administrator

• I get the frustration, and you are not required to buy stuff.

That is however a deeper longer discussion as there is a lot behind this - and merging universes being one of this. As it stands, we currently do not know when those happen again.

What exactly is so super complex long and deep about exploiting its fansbase with a pay2win feature? Or is that all just fancy talk to pretend and justify them fuckin the fans and most importantly the game over the past years?

IDK please tell me like seriously I want to know...

DM has been out since 07-08 are you telling me its taking 12 years to admit that GameForge are using DarkMatter the wrong way, instead of a heavy pay2win incentive they should of being creative and branched out on the cosmetics side of things like EVERY other video game out there that has half a competent team with a brain, but no I guess its '' a deeper longer discussion as there is a lot behind this '' ??? I didnt know GameForge where so philosophical in finding tactics in fcking players that dont have the duty to spend IRL money on a browser game, but dont worry guys, its never the company fault admitting their wrong-doings its always a more complex situation even when its made out to not to be...

Yeah my ass, stop taking its players for fools because looking at the state of the game currently, its clear what had happened.

Also a clear lack of communication between the player base and the devs is a huge thing missing, other gaming company learnt that the heard way, but GameForge? Seems to not care about that aspect, but I guess it has to do something rooted with a ''deeper longer discussion as there is a lot behind this'' lack of communication, its not as simple as that am I right?

Im just poking fun at you at this point, but please stop applying their BS onto us, grow a personality please...

We dont have a voice, only Mods on boards are close to actually standing up with one another and saying enough is enough, but I guess keeping admin rights on a dead forum browser game is more important amirite?

Edited 6 times, last by Indi ().

• Yes, of course it is about money. I also do not defend anything, I simply state facts. And my statement was directed at mergers.

The game is very different from when I started in 2004, that is for sure. Don't get me wrong, I know pretty well what has changed, and of course you have every right being frustrated.

I am not working at GF though.

Board Administrator

• Indi but it is a fact that you cannot focus on a cosmetic item in a game like OG.

What makes you specifically state this?

Lack of creativity? Yes, the fact that we got the latest update of Class, and that has been the only ''big'' update we have received every since the introduction of the Space Dock years back..

IDK if you were present the day DM went live, but finding a solution is 10X better then accepting and being vile against its own players and in denial that the DM introduction was the WORST thing that could happen to this game, whole servers where nuked with players leaving... Servers that were once populated with thousands of active users are now less then 100 active players and thats being generous...

Theres just no excuse, I just dont get it, what excuse is there to in staying complacent and not being creative and moving the game forward?

Theres no Cosmetic potential in Ogame? What happened to the custom links for your ships and buildings back then? Why was that completely removed, worst of all why couldnt that be implemented in a pay feature?

What about being creative and showing battles that can show players different ship skins (Im not talking about videos/graphics either)

TO me gameforge is the perfect example of that rich kid that has every means possible to reach high potential, but instead he gets sucked in a mundane boring un-interested life complaining how its to hard to progress despite being giving the silver spoon his whole life...

• Well, I was around back then and it even ruined my birthday. I perfectly remember the introduction and the aftershocks, and some more.

You have a few questions that aren't easily answered because some of those who decided this are not there or not available for being asked. What IS for certain is that many, many players who were not as vocal then bought DM, used it, and the same happens today.

I personally think it is an interesting idea to have more customization again, e.g. as it used to be with different skins and the like - I have no idea as of now if there are any plans concerning this.

Board Administrator

• this nice guy pull word out of my mouth,so thank you man because my english is at low level for writing but i understand everything :) so cassandra thank you for finally be honest and trying to help us but this is going for so long people are use to being f.. and the pushing is ok and so many super thing as far,you understand this game is hard to say goodbye so for me its simple thing and that is im just trying to play this game normal hahah