We're being left in the dark, a point of criticism, a complaint.

• I was not planning on posting this on the board, but as I'm not getting any reaction via the dev discord I might as wel post it here.

I've posted the message, slightly changed, below on the 5th of May in the MCO dev discord addressed to the Gameforge / OGame staff, without any response.

So here we go:

@OGame Gameforge I'm almost loosing it, my enthusiasm to keep developing TrashSim, OGotcha & UniverseView is almost at rock bottom.

There are about 20.000 visits & over 200.000 simulations everyday, that's a user base that I don't want to let down.

We've been in the dark for a long time now since we're not getting any (good) response from you.

Something has changed in the battles, I'm not saying it's the battle algoritme, maybe it's an external factor, data being put into it, effecting it.

I've reported a few cases of RIPs & shield battles going wrong, they didn't seem right.

Even if you changed it, no problem, just be open about it and at least give a proper reponse to this.

Apart from that, we've got no way of even testing these cases to zero down the problem to keep TrashSim an other tools up-to-date.

I'd also like you to take a look at my idea about NDA's for tool developers.

We really need a uni with extra options to be able to fully test our cases & tools.

I've been doing this for about +8 years now, I still like the game even though it has changed a lot.

I was positive about the new changes being added, although they might need some extra balancing, which should not be ignored.

The MCO dev discord you started was a great idea, I get that this, after the whole thing was launched, would get less active, you've probably got other deadlines & stuff to focus on.

But at the moment I feel like the others and I are being treated like, excuses me for my words, nobodies. (Almost wanted to use the word shit there)

And I don't think this is what we deserve for the hours of our free time we spend on this game and getting everything in it up-to-date / bugs free, being the game itself & the tools.

A proper reponse would be appreciated !

My best regards,

Klaas aka. Warsaalk

• I think this is pretty much what everyone feels lately.

You would expect from CoMA and others to respond at least to some questions raised but we are all just completely ignored for months now...

GF is instead focusing on making new unis to earn some money while ignoring the problems in every other sphere :/

• Yeah, there's something fishy going on with shields. Most often observed with large domes, since v7 they sometimes draw fights they have no business drawing and absorb way too much damage each round, compared to what you'd expect with a simulator and considering the technologies.

Most likely a bug and not a change, though. There's probably no answer because they have no idea of what causes it.

Now if we had an environment to test things in, maybe we'd actually be able to narrow it down...

• Warsaalk I want to thank you for your services in developing these tools. I have been using them for the longest time, crushing blows against my enemies. I do hope you get the response you need to keep giving us these amazing tools. Blessings mate!

• This guy shouldn't get ignored, he should get a bleepin' paycheck. Thank you for the tools we all love to use and hopefully they give you the dignity you deserve ASAP.

• Interesting point. I'm firm believer GF does some changes and does not inform us of them. Maybe to cover their previous fucks up built over the years? Not sure. Only thing of battle going wrong according to the trashsim I've seen is losing way more or way less.

Kudos for the great work btw!

Uni2 - Uni 12 - Andromeda - Dorado-Retired.

Galatea, Mensa - Active.

4522-alphadragon-jpg

• Warsaalk I'm sorry you felt ignored, but that's not the case. We, COMAs have pushed your message across and your report has been moved internally to be processed, but we also lack answers for it. As soon as we know anything about the battle system report we'll contact you back. Unfortunatelly devs do have a lot in their plate so we don't have answers yet.

• Warsaalk I'm sorry you felt ignored, but that's not the case. We, COMAs have pushed your message across and your report has been moved internally to be processed, but we also lack answers for it. As soon as we know anything about the battle system report we'll contact you back. Unfortunatelly devs do have a lot in their plate so we don't have answers yet.

Thanks for the reply :smile2:

I hope we can resolve the issues.

• If I got an "email" from a customer at my job, and didnt reply for a week- then a week later told them I am very busy and will get back to them when I can, I would be fired.

This isnt a shot at you piink as I know this is not your fault. It's just pathetic how GF handles a lot of things.