Probe raiding for collector class

• Since the collector class is designed for players who don't have very much time I thought spioraiding comes back in play for them. So collectors can still raid a bit in the time they play. It's a huge advantage if you can do it and it closes the gap a bit with the discoverer class. So the proposal is to give probes their cargo space back for collectors.

• Interesting idea but as far as I know there are some bugs connected to probe raiding (which is why there aren't opening any new unis with probe raiding in Germany), so those would have to be fixed first before this would be possible.

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

Developer of AntiGameReborn

• No, collector is a passive class and should not have active benefits

This would be a good idea for general class though

Well there are active miners, not all miners play only 15 minutes per day. There should be the possibility to play active as miner when you're in the collector class.

• No, if you are an active miner (farmer) then you should be discoverer

There's something between doing expo's the whole day and doing exactly nothing but gathering once per day. And the whole point is that discoverer is overpowered. As it is now the other two classes could be deleted from the game since nobody uses them. I'm sure that wasn't the idea when they were created. So the collector and general class should get some benefits to make the playground more equal.

I'm also ok with crawlers +100% instead of +50% or a mine bonus of +50% instead of +25%. You understand me? Something should change, there should be something to choose. Now it's a nobrainer to choose for the discoverer class.

• No, if you are an active miner (farmer) then you should be discoverer

I am an active Miner, and I refuse to justify GF's poor game designing in turning Ogame into Expovill by spending any of my money to switch (and my views on the 75% loot are clear from the other thread - in short, no class should have it).

While probe raiding could be fun again.. I don't think it will help balance the class, just open it up to further bot abuse, again.

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.

• No, collector is a passive class and should not have active benefits

This would be a good idea for general class though

Well there are active miners, not all miners play only 15 minutes per day. There should be the possibility to play active as miner when you're in the collector class.

While I don't particularly agree with what Zorro09 said, there is something to keep in mind here:

Collector =/= Miner

The classes were meant to be designed around time availability. So yes, the collector class is meant for players with little time. As such I find the idea of probe raiding for collectors interesting, but I'd rather vote against it, primarily because of the reasons Wraith02 mentioned. (I too would remove the 75% loot thing, which I highly advocated against in the closed beta phase.)

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

Developer of AntiGameReborn