locking threads

• ok so I kinda understand why threads are being locked but instead of just locking them straight away and not giving people chance to comment (like myself who now cannot comment on the thread where I got destroyed) why don't you leave them open and wait?

Moderating is about watching and adjusting, giving out warnings and bans and NOT about being all controlling. players aren't going to bother coming here coz there's now no point and so this universe will surely die.

although the boards are a different "department" to the game, surely you can take the concerns of the players to the correct department? we've all tried the ticket system and that is failing too.

Andy:cool2:

• There is a saying about teachers (assuming mods are teachers of the board):

If a student has F- at your subject, probably he's a shitty student.

If all the students have F- at your subject, probably you're a shitty teacher.

If so many people complain on the same thing then instead of throwing warnings left and right, let GF dig deeper to find the problem and solve IT, but the problem is not the commenting.

I hate that this board became a safe, soft, fluffy space for snowflakes. It's a fucking WAR game and taunting, provoking, dissing, insulting (slight) should not only be tolerated, but welcomed. It's politics and PR. It shouldn't censored as much as it is nowadays.

Should we only comment : "GG WP // CONTRATS ON YOUR HOF"?

For fucks sake - it's a game. No ones life will change if he'd be called a cheater, a douche or a cunt on a forum site of a GAME. Let us have the fun we are here for.

Real-life threats are not welcomed on this platform, yet they are allowed.

Cheating accusations and discussions will be punished, unlike cheating itself.

The post was edited 1 time, last by alex stukov ().

• Big difference from the players who post here compared to other unis on the board so I doubt it’s the “teachers” fault.

Thanks for that clarification Super didn’t know that was apart of our job.

Not hard to follow the rules on the board and if you get a warning about the usual stuff you’re getting warned about over and over well can’t say it’s anyone’s fault but your own.

The locking of threads won’t be a permanent thing but since nobody in this section wants to abide by the board rules you’ve been given somewhat of a time out.

Board Admin: Rav3n

EN/SE: S-MOD

EN Team

[GMod] Cassandra Vandales

{Mod] -Arcane-

[GMod] Madoka

[Mod] Gebrunn

SE Team

N/A

• Big difference from the players who post here compared to other unis on the board so I doubt it’s the “teachers” fault.

Thanks for that clarification Super didn’t know that was apart of our job.

Not hard to follow the rules on the board and if you get a warning about the usual stuff you’re getting warned about over and over well can’t say it’s anyone’s fault but your own.

The locking of threads won’t be a permanent thing but since nobody in this section wants to abide by the board rules you’ve been given somewhat of a time out.

this is bullshit tho. you're punishing EVERYONE for the actions of a few. obviously repeat offenders aren't paying attention to the warnings so GIVE THEM A TIME OUT NOT EVERYONE!!!

also why do you think players are posting here?

they're trying to have their voices heard. don't tell us to use the ticket system...we do. many have posted about how they've opened tickets and even provided evidence and yet nothing happens except the tickets getting closed with NO RESPONSE!!! then seeing hits posted here by the "questionable" players gets everyone frustrated.

• I second what Andvari said. It was my call to lock the threads, so if anyone wants to be upset, you can be upset at me. We will do it for a short period. Maybe instead of yelling at us for having to take action, you should be telling the people who caused this to happen to follow our rules. The game team isn't going to instantly ban someone because of a handful of shoddy evidence. You guys think you have a smoking gun but clearly don't. They are doing the best they can with the evidence provided as well as what they can do with the information at hand. We do not have control over the game team, and trust me I have asked them about Octans specifically. They are working on their investigation. I can't say this enough, you're incessant rampages on this board will not help you and will not be tolerated.

You're a veteran troll and like to bait people into insulting you, then get upset when they insult you. Pot, meet kettle.

• Idiotic as ever :)

Real-life threats are not welcomed on this platform, yet they are allowed.

Cheating accusations and discussions will be punished, unlike cheating itself.

• I don't agree with the locking, but... its the first time i see some actions against the ones that we know of... If we all have to pay for them to have a small punishment... oh well, OGame V.010203.30283.

I do agree with alex stukov , this is a war game and if you can't even provoke some people that you are fighting in-game, forum passes to be reddit baby instead of a forum supporting the game.

Basically, we are on a "GRs to defender, enjoy the profits to att". Longer then that, you are getting warned/banned.

• Have a nice night, Stukov.

As stated, the locking will not be permanent or last for a while, it is temporary to hopefully curb the ranting and raving.

As you all have received an answer from both Andvari and I, this will be :closed: