Server Settings: Marketplace

• Welcome to another server settings thread.

It occurs to me that the latest server released has marketplace and merchant off.

If these are toggle-able features I would like to ask for a vote to turn off the marketplace. In my view the marketplace facilitates pushing and needs a lot of work before it amounts to a suitable game feature. Whilst it has some value most of the trades I see going on in it are trades between "linked accounts" which blatantly favour the higher ranked player. Of course I put tickets in etc. but nothing can be done when a game feature like this makes shady tactics easy

It also takes away one of the important ingame interactions of buying and selling resources using ships. Removing the dialougue required to trade res from one player to another lessens the game, in my opinion.

piink is this possible? If so I would like to kick the discussion off here.

• Agreed :beer:

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on Worldwide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 ~

- The one & only Peppa -

- SGO for: Bellatrix/Fenrir/Cosmos/Dorado/Galatea/Himalia/Indus/Kalyke/Mensa/Octans/Pasiphae/Rosalind/Sombrero -

• Of course

Real-life threats are not welcomed on this platform, yet they are allowed.

Cheating accusations and discussions will be punished, unlike cheating itself.

• +1.

Turning off Merchant would work as well for me :D

sure.. maybe turn off metal mines too?

• +1.

Turning off Merchant would work as well for me :D

sure.. maybe turn off metal mines too?

No. If they turn off metal mines it will be impossible to play at all. You couldn't build fleet and mines. Therefore no, very bad idea.

Well.. you could if there would be the merchant.. so you see? ))

• You think the marketplace in Virgo is bad? you should take a look at Vega.

Abolish that aberration altogether is what I say. Definitely gets a yes vote from me

• Firestorm  
    Careful, you might get kicked from your alliance if your disagree with ice on ANY matter, or have a difference of opinion

also, yea, its an ACTUAAAAAAAAL joke how ppl in ur alliance are doing it and nothing can be done about it:thumbsup:

and the fact that you obtained the Magikarp account, knowing me and him were "buddies" in game - and not removing the buddy, but instead keeping it there so you can see my on/off times - despite the owner telling you not to! scumbags lmao

its hilarious

Magikarp account down almost 3 mil

Ice account goes up 3 mil

clear as day

Cheating accusation

Geb

maxresdefault.jpg

The post was edited 5 times, last by Gebrunn ().

• Posting conjecture here about who owns whichever accounts ingame is utterly pointless. Gameforge won't do anything about it and I dont really care. People being supported by a network of accounts is one of the oldest forms of advancement in the game. When I played uni 23 a long time ago Bibas had (and still has) a whole network of Romanian players trading him res at dirt cheap rates to maintain his growth. No one gets to the top without getting their hands a little dirty.

As for what you see in the marketplace, rather than complaining about it why not get behind my thread and make people trade normally?

• excuse me im rank 1 in bellatrix and havent pushed a single resource.

let alone attacked a real player.

• Posting conjecture here about who owns whichever accounts ingame is utterly pointless. Gameforge won't do anything about it and I dont really care. People being supported by a network of accounts is one of the oldest forms of advancement in the game. When I played uni 23 a long time ago Bibas had (and still has) a whole network of Romanian players trading him res at dirt cheap rates to maintain his growth. No one gets to the top without getting their hands a little dirty.

As for what you see in the marketplace, rather than complaining about it why not get behind my thread and make people trade normally?

already gave you the thumbs up about 10 hours prio to posting. i agreed with your idea..

i'm just merely finding it fascinating, aswell as hilarious, as to how someone from a certain alliance is playing the game in an unfair manner.. whilst another in the same goddamn alliance is posting to stop it this unfair gameplay..

my BIGGEST question to you, Firestorm  
    if you hate so called cheaters... why do you play with one?
    fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F032%2F993%2Fdoyou.jpg

Warning for Cheating accusation

Geb

maxresdefault.jpg

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gebrunn ().

• Then I apologise I didn not realise you had.

I think your analysis is overly simplistic though. Many players do plenty of things which they don't like and are against the spirit of the game in order to stay competitive every day; lord knows I still send expeditions even though I goddam despise the RNG process which you can use to acquire resources now. You say its cheating but having friends play accounts in order to support you with beneficial trades is not cheating. It may be against the spirit of the game and healthy competition but it is not against the rules. If the powers that be wanted to stop it they would have a fixed trade ratio rather than a variable band, but they do not.

Ultimately players will maximise the resources they can obtain in the environment they are allowed to obtain them in. I am sure that Lord of Ice (RIP his board profile) hates the state of the game as much as I do but he is a fierce competitor (as are many other players in this server) and will do what it takes, within the rules, to stay on top. Removing the marketplace stops everybody gaining from it in this manner and I am certain that there are plenty more players you could point the finger at for the same "cheating" but choose not to do so.

• Then I apologise I didn not realise you had.

I think your analysis is overly simplistic though. Many players do plenty of things which they don't like and are against the spirit of the game in order to stay competitive every day; lord knows I still send expeditions even though I goddam despise the RNG process which you can use to acquire resources now. You say its cheating but having friends play accounts in order to support you with beneficial trades is not cheating. It may be against the spirit of the game and healthy competition but it is not against the rules. If the powers that be wanted to stop it they would have a fixed trade ratio rather than a variable band, but they do not.

Ultimately players will maximise the resources they can obtain in the environment they are allowed to obtain them in. I am sure that Lord of Ice (RIP his board profile) hates the state of the game as much as I do but he is a fierce competitor (as are many other players in this server) and will do what it takes, within the rules, to stay on top. Removing the marketplace stops everybody gaining from it in this manner and I am certain that there are plenty more players you could point the finger at for the same "cheating" but choose not to do so.

Fire, fire, fire... It's one thing to have friends play the game in order to sell you deut and it's another thing to be the friend yourself.