Stop the censorship lol

• Why are you keep closing all the complain and criticism threads? You (board and game stuff) are supposed to help us, give us some feedback.

Every time we try to fight for fixing the game, you keep shutting our faces with brute force. All the threads speaking the truth about current situation are being closed, posters getting warned and this goes on and on.

Why cant you just point out GF their mistakes and ask them for fixing the game instead of developing more and more paid features. They want more money? I dont blame them. Every1 wants more. But please, fix the game first! I dont my paying for games, i could even buy a monthly subscription each month if they game would be balanced and bot-free. I'm sure there's a lot more players ready to pay for the game on mothly basis if the game is going to be fair and balanced.

Right now we are just left in the dark like Warsaalk allready pointed out.

"Cheating accusations and discussions will be punished, unlike cheating itself." -alex stukov

• truth is i didn't read your post, just the first paragraph

and ill just say: here we go again

there is like 10+ examples and explanations by multiple team members why you guys get warnings and threads are closed, opening a new one will end the same way as before

game is as GF wants it

rules are as GF wants them

team has tied hands what gets done

info is forwarded to higher upps

they have the job to keep game and boards clear of some specified content and the do good work

i learned not to believer others, i have yet to see a board team member to warn/close thread with no grounds

i did see game team members not doing their job(on other domain) and am fighting te system as we speak (20+ and going)

when you think something is wrong, you are welcomed to report it via ticketing system as specific scenarios are not to be discussed here

link us some threads where some misconduct occurred so we can judge for ourselves

I am makeing Silverwind's days

And I am savage now!

• Look at my signature, to understand how ridiculous this place became.

They are completely losing control, completely unbalanced the game, destroyed the standings and years of work on our accounts with shitty bot-friendly stuff.

The funny part is that aside from comas noone gets paid to survive the shitstorm that is going to come, but they are so happy with their coloured name, it helps cleaning the storm, probably.

• ephe I don't think the team has any problem with a civilized discussion and criticism but unfortunately there seems to be a trend that these threads turn it into a a trolling team bashing session. It often has less to do with positive change and more to do with angry people lashing out at the people who who are doing their best to help.

As to Censorship, I think if it were true censorship happening the threads would never even appear for public viewing and/or would be removed if someone were really interested in controlling the thoughts of the community.

ESeB8X4.png

• I don't think the team has any problem with a civilized discussion and criticism but unfortunately there seems to be a trend that these threads turn it into a a trolling team bashing session. It often has less to do with positive change and more to do with angry people lashing out at the people who who are doing their best to help.

tbh, have you ever thought, nobody would be complaining if things were done right and properly. forum still stuck in '07 - food 4 thought

632.jpg

Edited once, last by GranDGranT ().

• Silverwind yes, they turn into team bashing threads, but not without a reason. We would like to see some positive results but this is not happening. Why?

We (players) cannot contact game developers directly. Are the devs aware that classes need some polish? Are they aware that we have 3x more bots then players? If they are aware, why there's no reaction? I mean, this is not happening from yesterday...

What can we (as players) do get some reaction from gamefroge? What can you (staff) do to support us?

"Cheating accusations and discussions will be punished, unlike cheating itself." -alex stukov

• Sadly I believe we will not see much of any improvement ever as any action on the developers side will likely result in some sort of reduced revenue. The status quo at the moment seem to be.

1. Start new server, heavy DM users come out in full force (I see no problem with this aspect, some want pay to win, they normally don't last)
    2. New bots are spun up and accounts quickly take off. A handful of accounts become untouchable.
    3. Players soon realize its futile to try and chase the ever expanding leads so they quit.
    4. New server starts up, everything resets, return to step #1.

Sadly, as long as new servers keep popping up and DM users jump to the top of the leader board, GF has no incentive to change anything. Those who want ogame to return return to how it used to be are in complete opposition with GFs goal as a business. Make as much money for as little cost.

Around

• We (players) cannot contact game developers directly. Are the devs aware that classes need some polish? Are they aware that we have 3x more bots then players? If they are aware, why there's no reaction? I mean, this is not happening from yesterday...

I know for 100% that our COMA, piink , is very dedicated to keeping this community happy and thriving and I feel she has voiced the concerns you mentioned. She is a wonderful lady and I know she is constantly fighting for us. Yet because I don't sit in their offices, I can't know what resistance or difficulties she or the developers face.

I hate to guess, but my imagination leads me to believe it's a matter of resources: Gameforge has a lot of games and probably has to juggle their developers from several different platforms to keep players in all these places appeased.

And with big issues like the ones we face, I think it's realistic to think that it is going to take some time to work through this.

As I have read on many threads there are literally hundreds of opinions and ideas to "fix" the classes....but which of them works, which of them makes it worse, and how long does it take to build or repair broken things?

What can we (as players) do get some reaction from gamefroge?

I think the first step is despite the mountains of frustration, you need to stay positive. I am sure any valid comments made are cancelled out by negativity, blame, and name calling.

For instance, there are a few players I seldom read anything they write anymore because it is so negative and pointless, it wastes my energy and time.

The STOMT button is a good place to begin as I'm told meaningful posts are taken into consideration. a well composed STOMT IMO would relate the problem, and present a realistic possible solution.

As an examples:

"The classes suck, roll back to before MCO" isn't going to work.

However this might get a small nod of approval and some looking into: "We would like to bring balance back to classes. How about we give the collector class +2 to Plasma tech to give them better mining bonuses to offset the Discovery expeditions."

Largely a STOMT will also get more steam if it gets some backing. Get people talking about it and commenting about it (again in a positive way) so that it is more likely to be noticed.

As it picks up steam, talk about it on forum, tweak the idea, and try and involve the COMA. If your thread is largely positive and idea well formulated, she may be able to take it to the developers.

And while piink may kill me tomorrow for saying so, but she is glad to hear from the community on this forum, so tag her with good positive ideas!

What can you (staff) do to support us?

I will speak to this question if being asked of me, and not speak on behalf of the rest of the Orange or Green team.

I hope you can see that I've been staff bashed before...actually time and again...and I still keep coming back. I'm here fighting for all of you despite the sometimes abusive words thrown my way.

As we go along, my first duty is to do my best to help new players understand the game and resolve problems they have about various subjects within the game itself.... to help these new folks becoem knowledgable players that want to stick around.

My second duty is to uphold the rules as they are presented, using the standards and tools Gameforge has provided to do so. and in that duty I strive to educate and warn against bad behaviors where possible, and as needed ban players with strong violations. With that, also give banned players a fair chance to plead their case and/or understand the violation they have committed so that they cn recover from the mistake if possible, or at least remain viable members of our community.

Further, as SGO I will help resolve glitches and bugs as they appear, and lead players to get around these trouble spots when possible. I will communicate serious and mundane error to my Game Admin so that he can report and discuss these items with the COMA who will then get them to the development team for correction so that we can all move past the issue ASAP.

In the forums I can and will try my best to offer help in discussions about game problems as they come up, and be involved in the most positive way possible.

Lastly, for the GOs that serve under my mentor ship, I will strive to teach them all the positive qualities I know, steer them from my negative habits, and help them be as strong proponents for the community as possible. I will arm them with ongoing training as even I continue to learn new things about the game, the admin tools, and updates still yet to be conceived.

If that doesn't cover it, then please let me know what I missed, and I'll do my best to work in realistic requests.

If anyone has read this far, I appreciate you time, patience, and attention.

ESeB8X4.png

• you need to stay positive.

Doesn't work.

Largely a STOMT will also get more steam

Doesn't work

talk about it on forum

LOL - especially doesn't work.

If your thread is largely positive and idea well formulated, she may be able to take it to the developers.

Yeah, taken to.. and ignored by.

, I think it's realistic to think that it is going to take some time to work through this.

8 months is enough.

How about we give the collector class +2 to Plasma tech to give them better mining bonuses to offset the Discovery expeditions."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. An extra 15k metal per hour will match hourly 4bn+ df's

• Silverwind

When "you" (referred to me) see how this society treat you when you try to help them...your will to help them goes away.

At least, mine is gone.

not just this society, whole world acts similarly with some exceptions

That is the saddest thing.

I know pretty well how the world works. As people usually try to discourage you saying you are good for nothing, and they are doing you a favor to allowing you to help them.

• Silverwind If the censorship as you say does not exist then can you answer me a question please.

Is the bug in the related forum link below a feature of the game officially known by gameforge and intended ?

I find it a bit odd that this only happens to reapers and pathfinders.

I will not call out names but I also believe some operators do not fully understand how this bug works as the reply so far has been 'you cannot time back a fleet using this'. I would argue that is because the operator has no clue how to play, it has been proven it's possible in recent hits and no I do not mean the bibas hit.

You Are All In Danger

There is in every one of us, even those who seem to be most moderate, a type of desire that is terrible, wild, and lawless.”

.:stick:.

• Cillidan

Censorship exists to a degree here in that is it limits us to answering questions to specific cases due to the privacy policy. Part of that policy is because of Game Forge's choice, and other parts of that policy actually deal with EU laws.

Since this is part of a very big pending case I can't really disclose a firm answer because I am not involved in that case, and I also am forbidden by that privacy policy from revealing information about the case if I was involved.

However, I'll go out on a limb here and hope I don't get in to trouble . . .

"Features" are often advertised and celebrated :w00t:, and "bugs" are not. :blink:

You should be able to piece it together from there I hope.

ESeB8X4.png

• It is not a feature and is unintended.

It is also being patched on Monday.

31.08: version 7.4.0-pl2

• Good job, nice update. :thumbsup:

There is in every one of us, even those who seem to be most moderate, a type of desire that is terrible, wild, and lawless.”

.:stick:.

• I had nothing to do with it.

I am simply the messenger.

However, this serves as a reminder:
    We do listen.

Gameforge is aware of the many different issues.

Some issues are easier to fix than others.

We appreciate your patience as Gameforge goes through the bug vetting process.

For those who habitually complain to just hear themselves whine, I realize the above points are meaningless.

So, I return you to your regularly scheduled bashing session so we can all see how fast you can get this thread closed too.

:biggrin: