You Are All In Danger

• Now that the title grabbed your attention lol...

Apparently there is a bug that has been around for months but is not widely known. Let it be known now.

People are saying that sending Reapers and/or Pathfinders on a harvest mission SUBTRACTS the points or ship points from your Highscore. Other players can apparently refresh the Highscore continuously until you fleetsave, at which point your score changes. When the debris field is reached, the score returns (at least this is what I've been told).

Unfortunately this bug seems to have been used on the recent NN1 ACS crash in universe 1. The defender could not have been crashed otherwise.

This thread is to bring awareness to any that were unaware, and to ignite discussion as to why the bug exists.

• Harvest missions were never safe, if it is not the bug you get caught the other way around

interesting, gonna test if it works on our server too, anyways no one is doing harvests there so not gonna be of any use

I am makeing Silverwind's days

And I am savage now!

• The issue is, it's not just limited to harvest missions.

But I won't go into the details. GF have known about the issue for at least a few months, but like the balancing with Expo's, constant log outs and MP issues, they've failed to address it.

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.

• Wraith02 , is this an issue or a feature?

Thanks

To me, it's clearly an issue - just like all the other things I mentioned.

But it's been over a decade since I had any say in whether these things are considered an issue or not, so what I think on it doesn't matter.

The silence from GF over all these issues is quite clear though.

The sky is not the limit it is only the genesis of dreams.

• In a game where we all pay to play the very least we deserve is a game that is safe and secure from manipulation.

The introduction of reapers and pathfinders has exposed this weakness.

The only way forward for me is a roll back to before the last update(the introduction of classes) until these problems can be sorted out,It should also be a good faith move to reinstate any losses anyone has suffered because of this.

The game is sooo broken now

• i remmeber the days when if your fleet is in the air, points are not taken into account, and refresh was at 00:00, 08:00 and 16:00, keep it in the air and no one knows how big you are

I am makeing Silverwind's days

And I am savage now!

• In a game where we all pay to play the very least we deserve is a game that is safe and secure from manipulation.

The introduction of reapers and pathfinders has exposed this weakness.

The only way forward for me is a roll back to before the last update(the introduction of classes) until these problems can be sorted out,It should also be a good faith move to reinstate any losses anyone has suffered because of this.

The game is sooo broken now

you know that your money... IS your money right? you don't NEED to spend on this tragic game. if you feel you NEED to spend.. you're a dummy

not flaming you tho (before mods get ban heavy kek) just letting u know that you dont need to spend money on a free game

• No,you pay to play until it gets highlighted that their are dirty tricks involved then it becomes fraud

Are you saying that the game is not broken now?

And please try to be civil

• No,you pay to play until it gets highlighted that their are dirty tricks involved then it becomes fraud

well its your money dawg, not mine idgaf

Are you saying that the game is not broken now?

look at every single one of my posts. i bash the living sh/t out of this game..

and its in this instance i realized im not even gunna bother arguing with you

• Thanks for the general heads-up Req.

I only first learned of this bug yesterday via comments in a non-related thread. I was rather surprised to hear it had been common knowledge for some months, yet many of us had not heard of it.

I just checked myself and can confirm the fleet count drops for every pathfinder I send on delpoyment, expo and either recycling missions. When I recall these fleets my fleet number returns only once these fleets arrive back. Going by what thers have said though, I guess that simply a mission concluding it's first leg resets the counter also which of course is of concern.

By now, I'm of the assumption that anything we don't like is merely incorporated by design. No longer is this a war game versus each other, but a war of attrition versus the dev's!

• except the official stance from the higher ups is that it is a feature.

• Just an admin saying it has been like that doesn't make it a feature. If you remember way back when inactive players storages didn't cap production it was like that for many years before being corrected, many thought it was a feature but really a bug, same can be said for esp probe storage. Seems like a bug to me but I doubt it will be corrected anytime soon

• Yes. Or even notify the players. Essentially, if you don’t read this thread or other places where this is mentioned, you’re shit out of luck.

But get this: because this doesn’t guarantee a crash, just gives you info, it’s fine. It shouldn’t be like that but it is, so play around it. :thumbsup:

• Harvest missions were never safe, if it is not the bug you get caught the other way around

interesting, gonna test if it works on our server too, anyways no one is doing harvests there so not gonna be of any use

in the incident they're referring to "the other way around"...wasn't possible; that is if "the other way around" involves watching for a DF to disappear because in this case it would have been impossible to create one. Though it does have me wondering if the "how did it happen" has something to do with the weekly server wipe and saving an invisible DF.