Decent lesser-known Movies, TV shows, or your favorite Movie/TV Actor or Character

• Hola nice folks in the community:hi:

I've been playing ocrack since '06, but have only been on the board since '07 ish.....I always enjoyed reading the hits, but I also found a few threads outside of game play that I thought were fun and encouraged community participation.

That being said, one of my favorite threads is "Decent lesser-known songs". Now, even though the title suggests posting music that is not every well known or obscure, which people definitely drop links to........it also includes known music and super popular music. Basically, A good simple idea was taken and expanded upon by these inclusions. I think is a good thing, same with anything that promotes community involvement.

So in same roots as my favorite thread, "Decent lesser-known songs",

I propose a thread that you post trailers for movies or TV shows that aren't widely known or are generally unknown that you like. Or, post just something you think someone might be entertained by. I would ask you to keep trailers in line with the board rules.......other than that I would say post away. You can post a favorite actor or character that you think others may like along with a movie they are in. We all come from different parts of the world, so it would be interesting to see what people watch across the globe or to see who else enjoys watching your favorite movie, TV show, or actor/character in action.

So, hopefully there aren't 10 of these threads already....if so....sorry, but here is another. Since I'm the one starting this thread, I'll post a few trailers for movies I love......

Zagy: "Enjoy building your ego with likes of your ally mate.
    Like we having 14 year old girls here. I expect now everyday status with some quote and selfie from toilet."
    Heretic: "If you want to make it personal...I might ask why you are asking for selfies from ppl you suspect are 14 year old girls and ones from the toilet no less. Creeper much?"

The post was edited 1 time, last by O_M_A_187 ().

• Miss Daisy S.

Here is another thread to add to your posting selections......hoping it catches on cause def would like to find some new movies or shows I haven't seen....anyways:

Like we having 14 year old girls here. I expect now everyday status with some quote and selfie from toilet."
    Heretic: "If you want to make it personal...I might ask why you are asking for selfies from ppl you suspect are 14 year old girls and ones from the toilet no less. Creeper much?"
  • Hai O_M_A_187 , I was wondering where You vanished ... what a nice idea about movies and so :)

Btw. saw Your recent hits with Your monster fleet ... it is safer here than to be Your neighbor :P

Can't match You above but here is something funny that I can always watch again <3

• hey OMA,

thanks for this thread. i hope this one gets activity and many posts. i, for myself can say that i'm a big movie fan. up to the year of 2011 i was watching mostly hollywood and imdb / bbc top recommended -popular- movies.

after 2011, until 2015 when i started actively working and less time for myself, i decided to search for lesser known movies, mostly festival movies of korean / russian / iranian cinema. i enjoyed them way more than previous one's -but ofcourse, everyone's taste may be different.

so i'll post 3 good movies that i've seen from my active movie cinelove days. if i get any feedback on the movies i posted (like if someone has seen them and recommends too or they say they've seen them after seeing my post), i'll try to post new one's when i can.

1) Memories of a Murder a.k.a Salinui chueok (original title)

2) Joint Security Area a.k.a Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA (original title)

3) Castaway on the Moon a.k.a Kimssi pyoryugi (original title)

6579758-tumblr_p2zx51ngdu1tm5qsyo1_500.gif

"Fenrir, the giant wolf, could not be constrained by any means known to man, so the dwarves forged a chain, but not from metal. Nothing made by man could constrain Fenrir, so they forged it from the things we cannot see and the things we cannot hear. Like the breath of a fish… the sound a moving cat makes. The roots… of a mountain."

• Well, I'm glad a few of my favorite people have managed to find this thread.....not like I @'d them or posted the links in our circs lmao......anyways, I'll try to post something in here every day.....even if it's just me lol.....but I think people like to share things they enjoy and that most folk have a favorite movie, show, or actor that they love, that someone else in our community may also like, but will never know they exist without an introduction........so hopefully this thread will be full of suggestions and introductions. I figure in these weird days, anything positive or that can get your mind off the stressors in life, is a good thing.....anyways on to my next suggestions/likes.....

This flick is creepy with the stop motion camera work like in tool videos, def underrated and it is a remake...but I still think it's a great watch...

this is a great movie with good twists and more laughs than I expected for a moviie I thought was just another "horror flick" when i first saw it.....it ain't ....nuff said.....o, and the retractable thermos bong is the shit;P

one of my favorite series that I just binged watched over the weekend......omar and marlo, my kind of grimey...

this, like babylon 5, great sci fi......henson muppets are the shit......

low budget horror....gots to love it.....

one of those gems that never gets old...

fuck u, fuck u, fuck u, you cool, fuck u......i'm out......

• Yup, gotta love this thread <3 .... a lot above I didn't watch , thanks :)

Almost forgot about my mini fleet while thinking about this movie I want to post :biggrin:

Love this South Corean movie ...there is an American remake but for me, original is much better :love:

• Yup, gotta love this thread <3 .... a lot above I didn't watch , thanks :)

Almost forgot about my mini fleet while thinking about this movie I want to post :biggrin:

Love this South Corean movie ...there is an American remake but for me, original is much better :love:

try sympathy for mr. vengeance and sympathy for lady vengeance as well. its the vengeance trilogy along with oldboy you shared!

also, if you like wong kar wai's movies and would love to see a very different aspect to his work, you must see "I'm a cyborg, but that's OK". if i am not mistaken, i remember reading something like this;

wong kar wai's daughter asks his father to see his world-known brilliant work... but wong kar wai doesn't want her under 18 years old daughter to watch such violence containing movies so told her he'll shoot a movie that she can watch and then he made "I'm a cyborg, but that's OK". it's the only peaceful and entertaining movie of him that one can even watch with family.

6579758-tumblr_p2zx51ngdu1tm5qsyo1_500.gif

"Fenrir, the giant wolf, could not be constrained by any means known to man, so the dwarves forged a chain, but not from metal. Nothing made by man could constrain Fenrir, so they forged it from the things we cannot see and the things we cannot hear. Like the breath of a fish… the sound a moving cat makes. The roots… of a mountain."

• new day, new and old things to share:

This flick has so many people in it before they were famous, trips me out....steve buscemi as the drug chemist was something I just saw for the first time...been awhile since I watched it last...Notorious B.I.G. loved this flick also, the black frank white:

this movie was comedy when I first saw it all those years ago....still pretty funny

I love when i find a good movie that I have seen, but forgot existed lol:

this was a great show....went a bit wonkie by the end....still was good sci fi and I love the doctor, he comedy:

this show I found on the random.....great stuff and the main character is grimey and funny as hell:

good low budget flick:

one of my favorite anime....though this just the intro...nujabes did the theme song and is now dead so figured I'd post the intro with his song instead of a trailer....this is a epic anime if you haven't seen it before:

• Thanks RyaRaineS  :), I surely will watch other two to complete vengeance trilogy , maybe tonight "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" <3

There was a series about legendary Japanese Lord/Warrior Takeda Shingen , that I watched on telly , loved it ...don't know if it can be found now to watch somewhere :)

Btw. Oma, Christopher Walken is one of my favorite actors <3

• joe rogan is always a fun watch:

workaholics, been a minute.....

some dirt for ya......

this and res. dogs are the shit.......

random.....

• Nice thread:D

For Croatian speaking people, try watching movie ' Kalvarija', you got full movie on youtube....

it is so bad it is hilarious, really

short clip

• OK then... this is going to be fun.

I have a few British TV shows which outside of the UK are probably not well known. Two of them star the incredibly underrated actor John Simm (for those who are Dr Who fans you may recognise him as an incarnation of the Master during the Tenth Doctor).

The first is the mighty State Of Play. James McAvoy, Marc Warren, Bill Nighy, John Simm and David Morrissey. This thriller inspired a film (which should not be compared). Apologies for the crap trailer, but it is worth it if you can find it.

Next up John Simm travels back to the 70s in the Bowie inspired show, Life on Mars. In it, he plays DCI Sam Tyler, a cop from Hyde, Manchester, who is hit by a car and ends up in 1973. Is he mad or has he travelled back in time? Absolutely hilarious in places, Philip Glennister plays the infamous Gene Hunt. After 2 series of Life on Mars, they then had Keeley Hawes play the lead in the 80s version, Ashes to Ashes. Part of why I like this, is that most of the scenes were shot in my home town and they didn't need to change things much.

Something a little different. A vampire, ghost and werewolf share a house in Bristol. Being Human was a comedy/ horror back in the mid 2000s. Aidan Turner has an early role as Mitchell the vampire (before Poldark and The Hobbit). Highly enjoyable with some great human moments.

One of my favourite obscure films is A Fantastic Fear of Everything with Simon Pegg. An author conquers his fear of laundrettes whilst writing about serial killers.

Finally, an obscure Japanese great. Fish Story is about the world ending. However, one album can save the world and its by a Japanese punk band who were too early. The songs are great too.

• Largy reminded me how Bill Nighy is a great actor :smile2:

Have a special feelings towards British movies and series ...this one I can watch 1000 times :biggrin:

Only fools and horses <3

• random drug flick

adventure ish

guy ritchie....

tom hardy.....

classic supernatural/thriller.....time is on my side, yes it is......great flcik

• Luc Besson....if you don't know his name....you may recognize his work.....

one of my favorite movies.......

the professional, nuff said.....

parkour anyone......

one of paul walkers last flicks...and the rza is in it...

this guy makes a lot of good flicks....

a lot better than i thought it would be....

• Im not sure if this fits here.

That Pedal Show featuring Greg Koch youtube show.

The last gig I went to was Greg Koch and if you dont know him you probably don't play guitar.