- Fleetspeed works now in 5% steps.
- 5 additional moon slots as long as the class is active.
- Deactivating the class will cause the additional slots to vanish.
- Buildings that use up these new slots will not vanish even when the class is gone and will continue to occupy the slots above limit.
- Increased storage capacity for Recycler and Pathfinder.
- The bonus is set on the base capacity of the ships.
- The bonus needs to be active on the time of the event to work.
- If the class is deactivated before the ships reach for example a debris field, the bonus will not apply!
- This is a general increase in storage capacity, not only for debris fields.
- The bonus is set on 20%.
- Discount on finishing Ships with premium currency.
- If both Collector class and the Geologist are active, you can use additional Crawlers above the usual limit.
- You can now overload Crawlers.
- Crawlers can be set up until 150% of their workload as long as the class is active.
- Every 10% raise above 100% costs 20% additional energy!
- Deactivating the class during overload will cause it to jump back to 100%.
- Discount on finishing Buildings with premium currency.
- 50% lowered chance of meeting pirates or aliens on expedition.
- Weekly maximum added to the possibility of finding items on expedition.
- Both daily and weekly maximum work together! If one is reached, no items will be found!
- Discount on finishing Research with premium currency.
Note: In case the event for discounts on speeding up upgrades is running, both boni will add together
*Positions 6-10 now get a metal production bonus (similar to the crystal bonus on the first positions).
*The bonus means an increased base production for metal as long as a planet is on one of these positions. *Positions 6+10 have the same bonus= 17%. Positions 7+9 have the same bonus= 23%. 8 has another bonus= 35%. The bonus on position 8 is the hightest, on 6+10 the lowest.
Okay. I want to start off with the Metal Bonus one: now that is how you troll everyone like a boss! Whoever came up with that needs to get a raise. Supreme job man, I am speechless...
After that laugh, lets move to actually interesting things.
Fleetspeed works in 5% steps - I think this is actually really nice. This will make for some advanced plays in skilled hands. At first glance I don't see a particular drawback.
5 additional moon slots - hey, why not? It is free stuff, and makes it cheaper and quicker to develop a fresh moon. Nothing wrong with this one!
Increased storage capacity for recyclers and pathfinders - another very cool and useful bonus, 20% extra storage is great, it is annoying to have to build so many recyclers anyway these days.
Discount on finishing Ships with premium currency - it wouldn't be GameForge if there wasn't something involving DM, but honestly, the way DM halving works, this is really not as impactful as it seems. It is a small buff in the grand scheme of things, and really doesn't bring some insane imbalance to the class.
Crawler expanded functionality - this is perhaps useful for some dead, empty server where you just log in whenever and randomly click things. I don't see this being an impactful buff. Still not worth taking Collector unless you are a completely passive player, at which point if you build Crawlers, you are just putting a target on your back, soooo...
Discount on finishing Buildings with premium currency - pretty much same remark as for General discount. This is largely useless, especially being on Collector. The grand majority is going to keep ignoring Collector, it is still not worth it.
50% less pirates/aliens - this makes pirates/aliens completely unprofitable. We have to run some calculations, but if I eyeballed it right, with this change, you are either looking at pulling even or at a consistent loss with pirate/alien fights. This is really good for the game, this is the single change that makes all the impact. Whether pirate/alien farmers like it or not, this is what is actually good for the game. Too bad it is 9 months late. It remains to be seen how this will interact with the merger item; because letting a sick pirate built fleet merge into a virgin uni is an outright trash idea. What needs to be done now is make a very strict border between every universe created by now, and every universe created past this point. This is a great start, but there is still work to be done, GameForge!
weekly item finding bonus cap - less useless items, more resources/fleet? This is a buff in my books.
Discount on finishing Research with premium currency - this is a nice bonus. Very useful. Research times for high levels were an annoying bottleneck anyway, and a lot of people are willing to cut down 1 month of research for a bit of DM. This makes it even more appealing to do.
In conclusion, this is, overall, a step in the right direction, I feel like. But moving forward, there really needs to be some kind of limitation on what can be done with the obscene fleets built during the 9 months of absolute nonsense with pirate fights. The easiest solution would be to just completely separate new universes from old universes, and have a more balanced game going forward. Since there is really no good fix for any universe already destroyed with an incredibly flawed system, this seems like the least invasive option. Let people have what they have built and do what they want with it, but limit them from destroying the experience in new universes in the future.
Every coin has two sides, and so does this balance patch. It is not entirely good or satisfying, and it is extremely too late, but on the positive side, this is finally something that brings an actually needed gameplay change. I hope we see more in the future - not just greedy money grabs, but also real fixes and improvements to the game to actually justify buying DM.