A calm examination of the Class Rebalance patch

• There you go (see the attachment) --> stats and confidence intervals. I haven't translated everything but I guess you'll understand.

These stats aren't perfect to many regards, but they're good enough to conclude that half of the pirates and aliens are now nothing events, and nothing else has changed.

EDIT: DT --> DM (Dark Matter)

• There you go (see the attachment) --> stats and confidence intervals. I haven't translated everything but I guess you'll understand.

These stats aren't perfect to many regards, but they're good enough to conclude that half of the pirates and aliens are now nothing events, and nothing else has changed.

EDIT: DT --> DM (Dark Matter)

Cheers for this. Still weighing up whether the decreased chance of pirates keeps debris farming profitable when black holes remain at the same rate.

If you hate yourself, remember you are not alone. A lot of other people probably hate you too.

• after a bunch of time my alliance mate who is disco and I compared our profits. He brought in more than 10 billion more res than I have. Similar raid rates, similar accounts, similar levels of expos. Disco is still the way to go if you’re super active.

• Is that with or without large pirate farming fleet ?

If you hate yourself, remember you are not alone. A lot of other people probably hate you too.

• So I have been reading and trying to catch up with this thread. I like that everyone's shared their opinion.

I just recently started playing ogame again a month ago. I used to play ogame a long time ago when the original skin was present and there was no such thing as expedition. Now it is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong, that Gameforge has somehow broken the game by making new classes and adding new features that are pay to win.

I understand that the game has changed but the discoverer class is so broken from what I have seen. It's probably the most OP class in the game at the moment and is unbalanced in contrast to other classes. Players can afk do expedition all day everyday and reach high score and rank with minimal effort. Meanwhile General and collector working hard to farm resources only to see their discoverer mates skyrocketing in fleet size, resources and ranks.

When a discoverer player send some fleets in expedition, that player gets around 20-25mil resources (or even more, depending on Top 1) at least or a large number of fleets. Examples:

1. Deuterium 19.200.000 have been captured.

2. Metal 13.010.778 have been captured.

3. The following ships are now part of the fleet:
    Small Cargo: 723
    Reaper: 18
    Bomber: 48
    Destroyer: 17
    Large Cargo: 65
    Battlecruiser: 1
    Espionage Probe: 227
    Pathfinder: 1
    Light Fighter: 3

I think it's ridiculous that players can get so much more out of expedition rather than working hard for it by raiding or saving resources to build ships for themselves. You receive fleet from expedition, good, send them back again in expedition and get More!! Meanwhile General and collector class don't have this advantage as much, they don't receive much from expo. As a General class, the maximum I received from expo in terms of resources is 1.5mil. Even if I raid everyday and keep my fleet busy, I cannot keep up with discoverer class players.

Is this patch for discoverers gonna stay like this for long? How long has been like that already? I saw the top 1 in my universe in which I am playing getting overtaken by the 2nd player just because the latter was Discoverer class. I find that disgusting, Gameforge has broken the game. It used to be strategy when I used to play it long time ago, observing your target and seeing when they are active, determining what kind of ships are best to send for a successful battle but now it has turned into more of expedition = fleets + resources. I see players who are higher rank than me just because they have more fleets that they have received from expedition. When you spy them and look at their mines and research, it's laughable, their research are way lower than mine. If i was to battle against them, they would win but only because of their overwhelming number of fleets...

Please fix that because even the discoverers admit that their class is broken and unfair. Maybe a possible solution is to nerf/reduce the amount of resources or fleet received?

I would like to hear your opinion on this.

• Please fix that because even the discoverers admit that their class is broken and unfair. Maybe a possible solution is to nerf/reduce the amount of resources or fleet received?

I would like to hear your opinion on this.

It's the discoverer class...it's what they do, discover and find things.

Disco was already nerfed, and IMO it was nerfed too much. The pirate/aliens expo spamming nerf was fine, should have had a cap on it of some form from the get go. But penalizing the class with a 50% increase in "nothing found" expos is ridiculous for a class that is supposed to be good at...discovering things.

IMO the General Class is a bit OP now...rather it would be if we were living in the old days with thousands of players in servers that lasted longer than a few months. So without an abundance of targets, in an active thriving universe...it's a horrible class to choose. Which is unfortunate, because it has really great stats so it's too bad Game Forge sucks at attracting new players and excels at driving off existing ones with their piss poor decisions *cough* merge choices sucked *cough* so dead unis are the standard.

The collector class seems like a PITA to me...all those crawlers and solar sats needed for little gains for the user but attractive profits for someone looking to crash those sats. The power requirements just seem ridiculous.

The big disadvantage to the Disco class (other than the increased 50% in finding nothing) is that it's an active class, meaning unless you're actually doing them...you ain't making money and the class is a waste. Whereas the collector class makes money passively. And while the General class is also an active class, it gets some really nice passive bonuses like those 5% speed increments, the reduced fuel consumption, increased cargo for REC & PATH, etc.

At the end of the day, if you're as good as you think you are then you shouldn't have a problem taking out all these ships the Discos found on expos. Also, keep in mind that the ECO speed affects the outcome so if you think they're making too much...then ask for a vote to reduce the ECO setting.

• IMHO atm clases are balanced

disco still gets the most ress but u have to be verry active

collector for the lazy (me)

and general for fighting

oh no they are still far from being balanced. General still sucks people are still playing disco because you have to pay DM to get half decent perks as collector

• we got our ases kicked by just 1 general

no discos left as no one has the will to stay active

and DM neded for collector i get from expo or DM events

it is all different for different unis, communitys and different playstyles

but compared to before, now is bliss

I am makeing Silverwind's days

And I am savage now!

• IMO the General Class is a bit OP now...

FYI OP means "overpowered", which General is far from being...

I know what it means, and in the old numbered unis with thousand of players...it would be king. Now, there just aren't enough players in new unis to make it a viable option.

I play an old Uni. It is far from king. Of the top 50 players, I know what 40 of them play as only 4 are general, 15 collector and 21 Disco. Even if the other 10 are general (which they aren’t, they rarely make hits) disco is still heavily favoured.

• IMO the General Class is a bit OP now...

FYI OP means "overpowered", which General is far from being...

I know what it means, and in the old numbered unis with thousand of players...it would be king. Now, there just aren't enough players in new unis to make it a viable option.

I play an old Uni. It is far from king. Of the top 50 players, I know what 40 of them play as only 4 are general, 15 collector and 21 Disco. Even if the other 10 are general (which they aren’t, they rarely make hits) disco is still heavily favoured.

Agreed. I meant that the General would be king in the old numbered unis back when they first started with thousands of players that they'd be so full you actually couldn't get into them when they first started...a General would thrive in that environment with so many targets. But since GF can't seem to figure out how marketing works we don't see that anymore and unis are dead within weeks in most cases.

• Dear Santa, my name is Grandpa, I am about sixty years old and have been a good boy this year (haven't even cried once). I know this is a bit early to ask, but please deliver half-a-dozen copies of Marketing for Dummies to Gameforge executives, somewhere in Germany. Also, can you get me love philters (for a friend)? XXX, Grandpa.