New version

• I agree with this in principle. The issue right now with the latest update is the black hole rate stays the same forcing the vast majority of discoverer players, if not all of them, to switch over to collector. To put it even more simply, this update eliminates half the profit whilst the operating costs (fuel/aliens/black holes/core explosions) stay the same as before (which seem to have increased a lot over the past few weeks).

All it takes is some bad luck to eliminate a fleet to rng with the current update which isn't a nerf so much as it's the total destruction of a class for 99.9% of the discoverer playerbase, large or small.

~ Top 10s: 14 (18) + Assist on Worldwide Number 1 + Worldwide Number 2 (suicide) ~ RiPs: 80.962 ~

- The one & only Peppa -

- SGO for: Bellatrix/Fenrir/Cosmos/Dorado/Galatea/Himalia/Indus/Kalyke/Mensa/Octans/Pasiphae/Rosalind/Sombrero -

• The issue right now with the latest update is the black hole rate stays the same forcing the vast majority of discoverer players, if not all of them, to switch over to collector.

i dont' think so. explorer is still op with higher eco speeds. also collectors DON'T have the energy bonus with this new update, there is no way they can keep up with explorers from the start to the medium-late game, after that i'm not sure but it will definitely be hard.

• The issue right now with the latest update is the black hole rate stays the same forcing the vast majority of discoverer players, if not all of them, to switch over to collector.

i dont' think so. explorer is still op with higher eco speeds. also collectors DON'T have the energy bonus with this new update, there is no way they can keep up with explorers from the start to the medium-late game, after that i'm not sure but it will definitely be hard.

Has this energy thing actually been confirmed or are you speculating here. The changes are not "this is now how it is" they are additions too

Moderator of: Help & Questions, Universe 1 - Cosmos; Octans - Sombrero

SMOD: Andvari300

If you have any concerns with my modding feel free to message them

• I agree, that could be possible. You are nerfing by alf the profit to like 1.4% per day, which will reduce it a ton.

Anyways Collector need better Crawler cap at idk 1000% (haven't done math) to compete with the same 1.4% or same profit as disco. 1% could be good as they just risk crawlers.

Has this energy thing actually been confirmed or are you speculating here. The changes are not "this is now how it is" they are additions too

my information comes from someone in the test server

EDIT: if you ask me, it's a mistake. anyway it's not there.

EDIT2: just to be sure i just made an account on bermuda

https://i.imgur.com/T9w23s1.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by kira ().

• imho energy bonus is not realy neded as with fusion and energy tech you can get to high energy anyways

expeditions are not dead, expo DF is

you can still get a lot of ress and fleet out of them compared to collector

I am makeing Silverwind's days

And I am savage now!

• Only problem I see with the change is the pathfinder makes no sense anymore. Why would we need the ship if alien and pirate expeditions are not profitable anymore (at-least on 1x consumption servers).

• you need it as it has a realy nice speed and combat stats, he can collect DF that does get created eventually and if you do not send him to expo you get half the goodies, remember?

I am makeing Silverwind's days

And I am savage now!

• you need it as it has a realy nice speed and combat stats, he can collect DF that does get created eventually and if you do not send him to expo you get half the goodies, remember?

well i think it still is a problem. i'm not saying i don't like this change, i love it and i'm explorer on my only account.

however this adds up to the "fixes" gf has come up with, like taking out the marketplace to end pushing but also losing the possibility for all classes to trade crawlers, reapers and path, or leaving collectors with a useless +2 offer bonus.

they are doing something and i'm happy for that, but there is a LOT of work that needs to be done to finally bring us the version 7 (or will it be 8?) they talked about.

• Plese join me for a moment of mirth with the announcement of the aptly named 'Rebalance of Classes' update!

I guess most of us can agree that MCO 7 was anything other than balanced....

And I imagine many of us have been saddened it's taken 8 months to try to address this....

I'm happy to finally get these small changes so long as the situation is monitored and further tweaking is applied as needed.

No more fix and forget please GF.

• I agree I am happy they are doing something against the unbalance. Sometimes we forget to say the good things. But its true we will meed further tweaking (atleast the biggest concern is going in the right direction)

• if anyone don't want to read this is the new balance:

Collector: Keep mining slightly better profits.
    General: Spend 500k dm to kill people.

Discoverer: dead

Better delete Disco and that's all xD, let's go back to V6, because making V7 with Disco Broken, now DAMAGE IS DONE, and this is not a solution, this is even worse than before... Because if someone knows that disco is more profitable they can choose their own destiny, now, not...

• Improving expeditions for all classes but only allowing discoverer to harvest the DFs may have been a better way to balance this, or as many have already said, putting a limit on the size of the debris field, but the change is a good start.

As a collector with 605m points, should benefit a lot from this

High ranked miner, been playing way too long.
    Also have a Youtube channel with the same name (MCW UK), and I buy deut at 2.4/1.4/1