New Universe Sombrero

• On Friday, the 25th of September, a new server named "Sombrero" will open with these features:

• Economy x8
    • Fleet x1
    • Research x16
    • 6 Galaxies
    • Linear systems
    • Linear galaxies
    • ACS OFF
    • +30 fields
    • 25000 DM
    • Category: miner
    • Stomt ON

I see no mention of marketplace, does that mean included or not?

Also never played a linear universe, anyone got experience in these? Do people bunch up at each end of the uni?

Undecided on this one myself as I think 2 unis are enough for me. Whos in?

If you hate yourself, remember you are not alone. A lot of other people probably hate you too.

• well, these characteristics are right now, in the future they can change any settings again and again and again.. so no worth to play anymore because if you start something that you like and they change in future they scrow you so hard, like they did to all unis already.

• I see no mention of marketplace, does that mean included or not?

Also never played a linear universe, anyone got experience in these? Do people bunch up at each end of the uni?

Undecided on this one myself as I think 2 unis are enough for me. Whos in?

• Economy x8 -> a bit higher than modern standard, but this is alright. Makes things go at a nice pace.
    • Fleet x1 -> the ideal fleeting speed!
    • Research x16 -> the faster the better. 16x is very solid.
    • 6 Galaxies -> less is better nowadays.
    • +30 fields -> awesome!
    • 25000 DM -> finally 25000 again!

I would assume marketplace will be shut down, but it would be nice to get some official confirmation?... It would suck big time if marketplace was back for Sombrero in its pure-cheating way.

Linear universes/galaxies just means you can't easily access 1:1 from 1:499 anymore, nor is flight from G1 to G6 the same as G1 to G2. This will just require you to spread planets a bit differently than circular universes. This is how the game was back in the days!

The big settings for Sombrero are the fleet related ones. 30% debris, no ACS and 100% deut consumption will make for a very oldschool feeling.

Overall, this is finally a nice unique universe with a slight feeling of how it was back when OGame was a better game. It has my support/likes.

• Yeah I actually really like the look of it. I played hard in uni 2 and its very similar but the research took forever so its almost perfect actually. Going to have to have a real think about whether its worth the extra time as I already play in 2 other unis.

If you hate yourself, remember you are not alone. A lot of other people probably hate you too.

• I'm in the same boat with 2 other unis being played.

I do think this new universe is worth vmoding 1 or both accounts though :)

• On Friday, the 25th of September, a new server named "Sombrero" will open with these features:

• Economy x8
    • Fleet x1
    • Research x16
    • 6 Galaxies
    • Linear systems
    • Linear galaxies
    • ACS OFF
    • +30 fields
    • 25000 DM
    • Category: miner
    • Stomt ON

Hello, great features. :smile2:

I will join, good luck to all.

• I dont see any 30% in DF in the specs but maybe i’ve been gone for to long and its standard nowadays?

If not, please go for 70% so it can be worth fleeting before end-game :)

• I dont see any 30% in DF in the specs but maybe i’ve been gone for to long and its standard nowadays?

If not, please go for 70% so it can be worth fleeting before end-game :)

DF isn't shown because 30% is the standard, the same goes for deu-consumption at 100%.

• Hi everybody

I didint understand that is it Debris field in defense ?

No defense into DF setting. I think it is good that they left it out. DiDF is quite specific.

yup nice settings, but what class fits best, disco or collector?

Depends what you want to do. Discoverer still has the most 'passive' income through expeditions by far compared to the other two classes, and makes for a good class for active players who intend to use their fleet slots. Collector has less gain overall, but is fitting if you just want to kick back, relax, and watch a 100% passive income flow.