New Universe Sombrero

• expedition still not balanced,proof is here

Lol if you think this guy is doing this with expeditions you are just flat out completely wrong. Through expeditions he couldn't have made even 1 million points out of his total points. This is 95% Dark Matter. Copious amount of Dark Matter.

• This is the most insane abuse of DM I’ve ever seen. If he was in Quasar, a speed uni that opened 3+ months ago, he would still be ranked in the top 25. I would strongly consider quitting and not letting him have any targets. Good luck with non-ACS :crazy:

• i am sure its not only dm(it was on start but later is just too exspensive to buy resources,i think its good team organized pushing + expedition

• i am sure its not only dm(it was on start but later is just too exspensive to buy resources,i think its good team organized pushing + expedition

This is because you don't know how the new system works. It is actually way, waaaay cheaper than you think. Read on the mechanics of the new feature here.

I absolutely 100% GUARANTEE to you, this is not some organized pushing and expedition kind of scheme. Over 95% of that account was bought with Dark Matter exclusively. Right now, that guy is buying over 100 million resources for 120k DM. If you think even for a moment that you could beat that with organized pushing or expeditions, I really have nothing more to tell you...

EDIT: I would like to add that one would have required IMMENSE, UNREAL luck to cross 1 million total expedition profit in points (fleet+resources combined), even if he started with DM and maximized expedition gains from the first hour.

It's not too expensive though.

With the new system he can buy a days metal production for 120,000 DM. He can then merchant that to whatever he wants for 3500 DM.

If he has metal production which is 150m a day he can buy res like crazy if he has the storage. He probably has metal production much higher than that - say 500m for 120,000 DM.

• It totally rubbish because the uni was supposed to be one where Collector was more balanced with Discoverer (x1 fleets, x8 economy) but because the rank 1 has bought his way to 25m points the expos will now be insane for Discoverers making it totally unbalanced again. Some will likely get all the points a Collector has 1 week into the uni in a single day.

The game mechanics are fundamentally broken because nothing is thought through by the developers.

• nah he just used the copi ress bug.. there was resently :thumbsup:

If he/she did, they (the GO/SGO/GA) would see it and undoubtedly this person has probably been reported so many times that they've gone over the logs many, many times.

I think DeepMiningInc has explained the how well enough to provide the answer. The person used all available avenues of growth available to them and had their way with the system.

• with how easy that bug was.. and how hard it was for GO's to see it, if done right..
    i have a hard time beliving that guy throwed in 4k euro's + just to get that start..

i read the thread here and im still sure he used the copy bug..

even on my little 150m points account it would cost me 1000 euro's just to get 34bn ress and that's only 34bn metal.. then the trader and stuff isen't calculated with it

and he's account is/was small for buying so many ress..

• How can it be hard to see that an account had a magical 10-20 billion resources spawn out of thin air, though? Even with perfect execution, under examination it just doesn't add up, and sanctions would have certainly followed.

You have a hard time believing that someone would spend 4000 EUR, I really don't... There are people out there willing to spend that kind of money, because they have more money than they know what to do with, and this boosts their ego, their confidence, their self esteem. It is worth every penny as they're doing it (the regret phase only kicks in later, but not always and for everyone, as far as I can tell). There are people buying virtual items and currency in many games, spending well above 4000 EUR. For one person, 4000 EUR might seem like a huge deal, maybe a full year worth of work and saving up, maybe even more. Some on the other hand, make that money in a month, and what spending 50 EUR on DM is to you or me, 4000 EUR is the equivalent for them. We even have a word for these people, "whales". I have personally known a guy who spent over 1500 EUR on anoter GameForge game, expecting to be able to sell the items later and turn a profit (which he didn't, as you would've expected). It is also a fact that several OGamers were offered massive sums for their top ranked accounts (talking four digits here again). Plus this is a universe very well suited for DM dominance.

I don't know, it doesn't sound so far fetched to me, it is a pretty addictive system they set up with DM, where the more you spend the more you get.

• who even cares?

whenever a merge happens, he`ll fall down to top300 anyways

but my guess is he`ll be long gone before that

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

• I started this uni for a laugh, and what a laugh it was, wont be logging in that server again thats for sure,

Talk about what a pay to win game it is now, with this new poorly thought out res purchasing system

"In the End, We Will Remember Not The Screams Of Our Enemies, But the Silence Of Our Friends".

• well let him pay if he want to pay..
    i still don't belive he payed that amount
    but that's my opinion :squint:

and i know people are buying account for big amounts of money.. but i know aswell not many people are throwing in 4k + euro's in ogame.. again maybe he did, maybe he diden't
    and for another factor.. GF / GO's don't just ban people.. because GF allready lost to many players and if they just ban people they lose more.. the real problem is that botters/cheaters are often the ones using the most money on the game..

and i know someone who did use the bug he even 33x timed he's own account with it, how he did it i do not know.. but i know for sure he did.. and well.. you think he is banned ?

• You don't know how he did it but you're "for sure" he did? More often than not, what people think they know in this game is something their imagination conjured up to explain it away.

• or maybe because he showed me proofs of the ress he made from time to time.. since he is my friend irl.. and he knows i personally don't cheat.. but let's take that another day

tbh belive what you want.. payed ress or not..

just saying that a guy made 34bn ress in a total new univers.. right at the same time where a "endless free ress bug" was there.. and multiply account have done it without being banned.. but it's all good :thumbsup:

• Too much hate for DM users. Without DM users the servers would probably be turned off. Lets face it, the game doesn't have the player base it used to, and as always big hits cause people to walk away. DM is something that people use to get higher, or to recover from a big hit verses just quitting. That is a great system that keeps the servers online, and keeps players. Without it, We would be all doing something else. Of course you are going to have some people go to the extreme...but if one person pays for 100 people to play on the server for a few months... they deserve rank one. I think ACS should always be online as a risk/countermeasure. Like Janice. No ACS makes that near impossible that the guy will be caught without weird stuff happening until the uni goes down, or they lose interest.. which seems pretty possible on a none-acs uni.

I own a tech company and work from home. I'm on call 24/7 and work from 6 AM to midnight pretty much every day. Ogame is always on my third monitor. I also buy a decent amount of DM (around $100 month, nothing like this guy did though) to boost me so I can get a lead quick. I always watch things even out on ACS.. so it shouldn't be a concern. If anything, someone making expos more beneficial so early helps keeps players interested, even if they take a big hit. Why complain about someone willing to pay for everyone's server for a benefit that decreases significantly over time.

• Can we just please get rid of Res for DM? It is the most game breaking pay2win feature that completely remove early game. Anyone remember when we had guides and build orders for fastest SC? Yeah I do, and it was awesome.

• Too much hate for DM users. Without DM users the servers would probably be turned off. Lets face it, the game doesn't have the player base it used to, and as always big hits cause people to walk away. DM is something that people use to get higher, or to recover from a big hit verses just quitting. That is a great system that keeps the servers online, and keeps players. Without it, We would be all doing something else. Of course you are going to have some people go to the extreme...but if one person pays for 100 people to play on the server for a few months... they deserve rank one. I think ACS should always be online as a risk/countermeasure. Like Janice. No ACS makes that near impossible that the guy will be caught without weird stuff happening until the uni goes down, or they lose interest.. which seems pretty possible on a none-acs uni.

I own a tech company and work from home. I'm on call 24/7 and work from 6 AM to midnight pretty much every day. Ogame is always on my third monitor. I also buy a decent amount of DM (around $100 month, nothing like this guy did though) to boost me so I can get a lead quick. I always watch things even out on ACS.. so it shouldn't be a concern. If anything, someone making expos more beneficial so early helps keeps players interested, even if they take a big hit. Why complain about someone willing to pay for everyone's server for a benefit that decreases significantly over time.

Yes it helps expos early in the game so makes the game even more unbalanced. This was a mining uni and should have been better balanced for collectors but I bet there are very few in the top 100 due to the obscene expo gains this early in the uni.

It's broken the game even more than it was before and made discoverer even further ahead - might as well get rid of the other classes completely in these scenarios.

• Came back to the game after several years, checked the new universe. I've had awesome fun even with the top #1 being on 50M points (compared to top #4's measly 3,5M) before two weeks have passed.

Still, the p2w is pretty ludicrous. Buy 40% boost, buy day's worth of materials, re-invest back into the mines -> bazinga

I can't really see any way to really catch up with that, but I'm personally not super keen on the top ranks. And if anything, I'm just glad I picked Discoverer so I can leech from the top #1's "contributions" to the server lol

Oh and thanks to DeepMiningInc for the awesome text wall, a lot of new and important information there.