Goodbye

• Hi folks:hi:

My board account here is over 12 years old and recent events have led me to make the decision to delete my account...

The truth is that I don't agree with the way the forum is currently moderated. Not all the moderators mind. It is subjective at the end of the day, and rules can be interpreted differently. But there is too much leeway for a moderator to 'exercise their own views' on a subject. I will not name any names here because they are laying down the rules the way they see fit, more luck to them. 2 particular moderators have led me to this decision. For my own sanity, I will not participate in an environment that I do not agree with and that actually impacts my mood. I do not wish to make this thread about attacking them as they give up their time to moderate. This forum is part of a game, and I will continue to play that game until I no longer enjoy it.

But I no longer enjoy coming to the forum. I no longer want to post in my own universe section. I no longer enjoy looking at other universes that I don't play and watching the rivalries, hits, discussions there. I no longer enjoy coming to the General section, as it becomes more and more a cesspit of locked, unanswered threads.

Sure, some of that has to do with a company just squeezing the life and enjoyment out of their own game for every cent it's worth. But much of it also has to do with the moderating here and the overmoderation if you will.

Anyway, thanks for the cheese.

Shoutout to all the mods out there in the past 12 years whose names I did not know or did not need to know....

trot out:sleep:

• Well man I hope you don't make a rash decision over anothers incompetence at thier job. The funny thing is that I'm willing to bet most can guess one of the mods that aren't named as it's hard to see any threads without her warnings in them. Also who now will troll the assassin's and post all those good hits you make, just think it over 😉

Uni 1
    Zibal
    ~RIP Taurus~

• Esio you actually beat me to it,

I don't blame you and if things are not changed by Friday next week, I will also be deleting the board account after nearly 15 years

all because of one Person who should never ever be a moderator

"In the End, We Will Remember Not The Screams Of Our Enemies, But the Silence Of Our Friends".

• sorry to see this, but couldn't agree with your reasoning more, very sad it has to come to this all because of a couple of people trying to turn the forum into a lefty's wet dream, take it easy dude

• Sorry to see you go however at the same time I’d rather not close this due to the team bashing so please avoid that.

Board Admin: Rav3n

EN/SE: S-MOD

EN Team

[GMod] Cassandra Vandales

{Mod] -Arcane-

[GMod] Madoka

[Mod] Gebrunn

SE Team

N/A

• Sorry to see you go however at the same time I’d rather not close this due to the team bashing so please avoid that.

We really need a "critique" forum to police the police around here.

oGame Players Matter, if it wasn't for players you wouldn't have a game or a need for a forum and it's apparent that some of the mods need to be reminded of that from time to time.

giphy.gif

EDIT: Funny thing is, we have a section that says:

"Feedback & Criticism: This board is designed for constructive Feedback and Criticism and discussion forthwith."

But woe be to those who post criticism...

crit·i·cism

/ˈkridəˌsizəm/

1. the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes.

"Sorry to see you go" is all that You have to say :?:To an old player who has been here for 12 years :?:He didn't bash anyone he has just stated his opinion about poor state of board which is the same as poor state of game ... the level of disrespect to honest players/customers is miserable .

Maybe the Game owners should write 2-3 moronic sentences that are acceptable and mods should copy paste them instead of people using brain to express what they think about certain problems .

• How would I know how long he plays? I don’t play with any of you nor do I generally check registration of people on the board. Sorry you feel offended.

Board Admin: Rav3n

EN/SE: S-MOD

EN Team

[GMod] Cassandra Vandales

{Mod] -Arcane-

[GMod] Madoka

[Mod] Gebrunn

SE Team

N/A

• Pretty lame response Andvari300 . Also it was stated that only certain individuals are at fault for this so I don't think anyone will be "bashing the team". Why not address that individual as you have said you will. I have to agree with Daisy that this response to a very longtime and dedicate player is sub par. Also can I ask, how many long term players quiting the forum will it take to get results?

Uni 1
    Zibal
    ~RIP Taurus~

• Sorry you feel that you have to leave the forum. I did the same thing recently, took a month for NMA to do the deletion even after I asked him not to because it took him to long and I cooled down. Perhaps that may be a better option, just step away and cool down.

Also Andvari300 this isn't about you, move along.

• Hi folks:hi:

My board account here is over 12 years old and recent events have led me to make the decision to delete my account.

How would I know how long he plays? I don’t play with any of you nor do I generally check registration of people on the board. Sorry you feel offended.

Outstanding Response,

Did you even read the actually post or did you just cover your eyes and shout out " I AM OFFENDED"

Just fucking Speechless,

"In the End, We Will Remember Not The Screams Of Our Enemies, But the Silence Of Our Friends".

• do i need to add anything here, after all the posts?

oh right, i do, otherwise its a spam ban incoming

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

• Andari.. the CLASSIC standup act. Added to the list now, for sure! :rofl:

Mate, I absolutely agree with how over moderated this forum is. At least more people are noticing it now. I remember a special bucko a few years ago who kept saying it.. and he eventually got silenced. Damn, its been a huge problem of the forums downfall for a while now. Oh well. It's a forum where discussion should happen.. however, we're not allowed to discuss. Keen to know where they get this "power" from. Again, it's a pathetic state of affairs from these volunteers.

Hey, it's not my time i'm wasting being a budget-reddit cuck.

• Alright, I don't know what the hell happened here, but I just can't stay silent anymore, so here's my 2 cents:

esio trot - I admit I don't know you very well, but I truly am sorry to see you go, as I am with everyone who decides to leave OCrack. I can also understand your reasons for wanting to leave and I respect your opinion on the matter. I'll be the first to admit that OGame and it's community is not the same as it once was and while some things have changed for the better, others have changed for the worse. There are many faults here on all sides, but as the sole remaining BA for the ORG team, it's my job to make sure this board is a welcoming place to be for the community, while also having to make the hard decisions that some people may not like. I won't waste my time trying to convince you to stay, since we both know your mind is already made up. But please know that I intend to learn from our mistakes, make the hard-but-necessary decisions and do whatever is needed to bring this community together again. In short, I'll fight for you all.

threeflipskat3r   Narcotics   GROM   flyinghigh1976 and anyone else that feels this applies to them - When it comes to moderating this board, I encourage every single person on my team to moderate fairly and without bias of any kind. I also encourage them not to warn if at all possible, but instead to use notices or other corrective actions when the rules are broken. However, at the end of the day, we're still human and none of us are infallable. If anyone feels that one or more of my mods is getting something wrong, I want to know about it and I'm happy to take all constructive feedback on board. People saying things like "so-and-so should have their rights removed" (you know who you are) won't get very far, but if you're prepared to give a well-mannered and well-structured discussion as to what you feel is wrong, my PMs are open (and my inbox isn't full for once!). That doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the result you're looking for, but I'm prepared to discuss the matter calmly and collectively.

Cathedral - somewhat related to the above, we do have a way of "policing the police" and it's called "speak to their superior". Of course, I'd prefer that you air out any moderative grievances with the mod in question, but if that's not an option, you always have the option to escalate to their SMod and then to me if you're still not happy. The feedback and criticism is more for the game itself rather than any individual person, but I agree with you in the sense that we as teamlers need to be held accountable to our actions. So as I said above, if you can present a constructive argument, PM me and I'm prepared to listen.

Miss Daisy S. - I don't mean any offense by this, so please don't take it as such, but I hope this post in itself is expressive enough for you and others like you who have similar thoughts.

And now a personal note: What happened today is not acceptable from any point of view. Between this thread, quickly becoming a "community vs team deathmatch", the numerous complaints on Discord and even some people issuing death threats to members of my team... all of it pushed me to tears, something that's never happened in the 11+ years I've been involved with GF as a teamler. So let this be a warning to absolutely everyone, users and staff alike: What happened today cannot happen ever again! I care for this community deeply and I'm ultimately here to serve you guys. To that end, as well as the offers to take your criticisms over PM, I will personally be speaking to every single member of the ORG green team over the coming days and reminding each of them why we're here and what it ultimately means to be a teamler.

Without a team, there's anarchy. But without a community, there's no team either. Whether we're staff or not, each of us would do well to remember this.

If you see this, the image broke!
    OGame.se Game Admin || OGame.org Board Admin