Petition to add a x1 fleetspeed target uni to .org merge

• I was happy for few minutes that we got 1x fleet speed option as target, but than i seen Dorado have eco 1x that is going to be pain since GF is not going to upgrade this to 6 or 7. I didn't even notice there is uni with so low eco :)

But even that is better than 3 or 6 x fleet speed. I am just not sure many people from 1x unis will play for long with those settings unless Dorado get boost to eco speed.

Dorado is a 1x uni, standard DF, standard fuel consumption, etc. Pretty much similar to the old numbered unis. That's why most of the current residents are there because they wanted to play the old way. Changing the settings would probably be detrimental to the people that have been playing there for the last two years since they have had to manage fleet balance, fuel costs, etc. versus that 1x ECO and standard fuel consumption. It might be their one and only saving grace against the mammoth, monster fleets that are coming in droves because honestly no one in Dorado can compete with what's coming in terms of numbers, math never lies. Not to mention those pesky hyperspace 15 & > engines they're bringing. But you, change, adapt, overcome, persevere, and all that jazz...if it comes to a vote then so be it and I'll vote against it and hope others do as well but accept what comes nonetheless...I'm just happy that we managed to secure a 1x feet uni for group 2.

I Really hope group 1 gets a 1x fleet opportunity as well, the folks in Virgo are getting shafted with this decision and I'm honestly surprised that GF didn't make it a target when they did it for Dorado and group 2. Something about that is amiss and just doesn't make sense. And telling them to wait for the next round of updates to see what's coming next is really just a disgrace because it could very well be even worse than this initial announcement. Especially since we cant' trust them at all now, yeah...they changed group 2, but they kept saying initially what's done is done and they can't change it...then they changed it.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting new friends and adversaries in Dorado, and reconnecting with old friends and adversaries (my ears have been ringing a lot the past couple of days my old "friends"). If you want to reach out and say hi when you get there, I'll be that player that drops about 300 ranks, lot. Big, big numbers coming...very humbling indeed.

-PAGAN

• You will have to get every one in Virgo to voice there views on this matter as we have done, some have even decided to delete there accounts due to this horrible merger I have 4 accounts affected by this merger and this is only part 1 I will also be affected in part 2 and I will jump up and down and complain as well our unis need the fleet speed we have chosen changing them we die or quit or vmode forever this is a sad week for the community GF need to fix it do not change fleet speed unis for faster uni we have set out fs to our life styles this has not been thought through give group 1 here 1x uni as well. Oh by the way i am in group1 and 2 so i say do not change fleet speeds :headbanging:

• Heh, last time i played ogame it was 2004-2005 uni2 on .ba, i remember 13-15k active players in that uni. That was before acs existed, expos or even battlecruisers. And than one day after 15 years i remembered ogame and checked if game exist and it just happen that Pasiphae open. So i started again. I like 1x fleet speed, i have things to do in real life :)

But also i like faster economy, problem is if there is not many active players mines are only thing to do and slow eco does not help.

But it will be fun to go back to those settings at least for short while if i do not get bored fast.

• Hello everyone.

Suppose its time for me to have a weigh in.

I'm the leader of Virgo's second largest (in points) alliance Airforce Miners, and we are just that, miners. We are, with this merge, getting royally shafted. The fact that we have not been given a 1x option or being made a target universe is absolutely disgusting. 1x fleet unis are played by players that have limited time to play ogame, like myself and 60-70% of my alliance.

Virgo has been open 1135 days and that is how long i've been playing there. If i'm forced to move to another speed uni i will be hanging up my ogame hat and calling it a day. Its sad to say but having plenty of other things to be doing with my time at the moment, ogame has taken a back seat and virgo is the only account i'm currently playing and thing attaching me to the game.

Rav3n   piink   Cassandra Vandales Please do something about this. I think we'd rather not be merged or even included in the merge at all than suffer this, what can only be described as, betrayal.

Thanks for your time

Regards Richard

• Surely instead of merging uni's then having polls to change settings it would just make more sense to have a poll for target uni choices.

GF could even do some polls to figure out 3 target uni's settings and put everyone in an exodus

PS. Kalyke players still want an option to join a 2x uni piink   WeTeHa

• i personally I would prefer to keep 1 x fleet speed in Aquarius , if forced to move to 6 x fleetspeed (which i tried before but really didnt get on with) im sure many MANY players would simply quit never to return and you would end up with a dead Uni very quickly achieving nothing in the morge except maybe a few more months of life.

• GF Business skills seems to be severely lacking, I for one will join the many (from Virgo) who will simply stick their account into v-mode, I also refuse to pay for any mechanism to transfer my account at a later date as I signed up for Virgo to play a 1x speed uni, many people will be in v-mode so GF won't get DM revenue from them and obviously the ones that delete their account won't be able to un-delete it later ...

If GF need some business advice my rates are fairly reasonable and I have experience with large well known global companies as well as smaller limited and public companies.

Best Solo - 1.4bn Profit - Uni1.us
    Best ACS - 5.7bn Profit - Uni1.org

• This merge is about making you buying merge item, if you look at the choice, it is about making you having no choice so that you buy the merge item.... GF become too greedy and ridiculous , may be they will earn some money in short term, but in long run, this may just hurt the sales and destroy the game entirely.

• I wanna ask something about this merge

I play in leda and my uni with 3x speed fleet

Why our target uni not included same fleet speed ?

Why I should choose between x2 low speed or x6 so fast speed

Our Targets: Zibal (152), Oberon (141)

• I wanna ask something about this merge

I play in leda and my uni with 3x speed fleet

Why our target uni not included same fleet speed ?

Why I should choose between x2 low speed or x6 so fast speed

Our Targets: Zibal (152), Oberon (141)

Sadly it is very hard to always be able to have the same fleetspeed available with somewhat comparable other specifications. It is one of the probkems of the fact that the universes are extremely specific and diverse nowadays.

Be head to serve, not to reign(Bernard von Clairvaux)

Board Administrator

Problems on the boards? Username change? Send me a PM

We are always looking for new moderators!

• and that is extremely why you dont kill the slowest of them all

while having x3,4,5,6 fleet speeds as alternatives to x1

why not kill all x3 or x5 and leave x1,2 and 6?

or why not lower everything to x1 and be back to the beginnings

for the same reasons you dont kill x1 fleet

period

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

• As I posted before, I agree - I think fleetspeed is really, really important to many people and they choose in alignment with their specific circumstances.

I am afraid though that there will be many disappointed people.

Board Administrator

• Cassandra Vandales but other groups include uni with 3x speed

As targets

I have not seen myself how exactly all was chosen - but the reasons were not solely based on the different speeds. How comparable are the other 3x universes in other aspects?

Board Administrator

• Cassandra Vandales but it doesn’t make sense

When I see in

Group 2:

Exodus: Cosmos (155), Galatea (159), Himalia (160), Indus (161), Kalyke (163), Mensa (165), Octans (167), Pasiphae (168)

Targets: Bellatrix (154), Fenrir (158), Dorado (156)

and bellatrix as targets with same settings as leda uni

They should allow me to chose it

Or I will able to chose it when I buy only items?

• It was interesting how quickly they relented on group 2 making Dorado a target uni, yet left group 1 hanging the way they did.

Nothing about this merger seems well thought out or executed from the players perspective, so if there is something we're not seeing it would be nice to know what "that" is. As it stands right now, no one trusts anything Game Forge does anymore to be the in the best interests of the player...it's all about that dolla! Holla!

The market place is going to be crazy next week with all the accounts getting shifted around in lobbies right now...

FelineExhaustedGecko-small.gif

• The reasons are as far as I know not only universe specifics, but also user activity, ranks, points, age of universe... I can however not see all the stats needed to really compare all universes.

Board Administrator

• The reasons are as far as I know not only universe specifics, but also user activity, ranks, points, age of universe... I can however not see all the stats needed to really compare all universes.

And zero input from players, no voting, no surveys, no nothing. I know Game Forge is stingy, but I'm pretty sure a basic Survey Monkey survey is still free. It took raising a little hell to get Dorado as a target (thanks by the way...though I think the old adage "be careful what you wish for is apt").

But also that depends which fleet speed one uni has,those players are playing certain speed for a reason and they dont want to change that for a reason.Simple as that.Just because GF like to make things messy ,that doesnt mean that some players will like that and most of them will go to vm or they will quit because speed change will affect their rl.It looks like only we know what we want and GF still does the opposite from what huge % of players base want.