Server Setting Changes Discussion for Dorado

• poll will be in game, 75% of players have to vote for a change

some of these have already been announced and/or are the same as with previous changing rounds

• It's in game.

But hearing how things are going in other unis, they pretty much ignored what the discussions said and just went with whatever they felt like. Read the uni 1 discussion as an example.

• If previous is anything to go by, the players decide what to ask for in the poll, so we need to agree on one poll, carefully worded so as not to split the vote as again, historically, 1 NO kills 4 YES votes. FOR EXAMPLE, perhaps something like this....

1. Change to x4 econ and x6 research - yes/no

2. Change deut to 75% - yes/no

3. Change DF to 50% - yes/no

~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~
    exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• 1. Change to x4 econ and x6 research - yes/no

2. Change deut to 75% - yes/no

3. Change DF to 50% - yes/no

Option 1 is supposed to be impossible. Research speed is supposed to be a multiple of eco. And besides, according to opinions inside this thread, the one and only question should be:

1. Change economy speed to x4 and research speed to x4 Yes/No

Or:

1. Change economy speed to x4 Yes/No

2. Change research speed to x4 Yes/No

All other options (like change of df or change of deut consumption) were outnumbered by opinions against change.

• cmon guys. it is really worth killing the one and only x1 server just so that u can upgrade 1 more building and move fleet 5 systems ? :/

if you guys would not been gone in v mode < the reason why you cant deal with your stuffs , you would had done somethin by now to resolve them . there are players ranked higher then you with alot more fleet and still managed to deal with their stuff. we got classes, we got event rewards ... everything is there to make yourself comfortable and able to play the game however you like.

as someone said above, changing to higher settings will only delay the inevitable, sooner you will get to the same situation. ..... then what ? change to x10/15/20/100 ?

the slower you take it, the more stuff to do ingame.

it aint too much to read in 5 pages to see that most people dont want a change. so big NO for everything.

but yes, an answer would be nice.

• Clearly we are interested in change because we have voiced our opinions thus far.

"if you guys would not been gone in v mode < the reason why you cant deal with your stuffs , you would had done somethin by now to resolve them ."

I don't appreciate this part. I think (if your English was better) - that perhaps you mean:

"If you had not been in v-mode (the reason why you can't deal with the game), then you would have found a way to fix your problems"

But unfortunately for you, the problem is unrelated.

If we could choose our settings then we would.

The issue we are discussing is the settings - this is not affected by v-mode.

"there are players ranked higher then you with alot more fleet and still managed to deal with their stuff. "

I agree with this, but again it is unrelated to my problem.

"we got classes, we got event rewards ... everything is there to make yourself comfortable and able to play the game however you like."

Again, this does not impact server settings.

"as someone said above, changing to higher settings will only delay the inevitable, sooner you will get to the same situation. ..... then what ? change to x10/15/20/100 ? the slower you take it, the more stuff to do ingame."

My issue is not with the universes dying - this is unrelated to server settings.

"it aint too much to read in 5 pages to see that most people dont want a change. so big NO for everything."

I disagree, I think most people who have spoken here do want a change - am I wrong?

Sorry if I am wrong about that.

If I am wrong about that, then no change will be made - I'm fine with that.

I have no intention of making lots of people uncomfortable to satisfy the wants of the few.

But that's what a poll is for.

SUMMARY:
    4 points are unrelated to server settings - disliked.

1 point is an opinion - liked.

Neutral score :)

• Soon everyone will get a chance to vote! So have patience's and vote for what you want.

And this is my choice.

I will vote for faster eco and research. I will not vote for fleet speed.  

This is a 1x fleet speed uni and it should remain that way. :smile2:

• ya ya , sure . everything is "unralated".

all settings are 1x and it should remain that way.

• As long as there is an option to vote against any change, as that's what I'll be voting for. Personally, I don't think anyone who has been in vmode for the better part of their time here should have a vote and only those who have been trudging it out in the trenches should have a say. If you don't like the settings, put some DM on the account, v mode it, don't log into it anymore and wait until the account gets moved to the graveyard and go someplace else.

• If you don't like the settings, put some DM on the account, v mode it, don't log into it anymore and wait until the account gets moved to the graveyard and go someplace else.

Oh, is that how the graveyard works, you can resurrect into a different uni than you were in before? Didn't know that. Sounds like a good way to go for some ppl, if Dorado keeps its current settings.

By the way, that is what I have decided to vote for if there is a poll - to keep current settings.

• If you don't like the settings, put some DM on the account, v mode it, don't log into it anymore and wait until the account gets moved to the graveyard and go someplace else.

Oh, is that how the graveyard works, you can resurrect into a different uni than you were in before? Didn't know that. Sounds like a good way to go for some ppl, if Dorado keeps its current settings.

By the way, that is what I have decided to vote for if there is a poll - to keep current settings.

It has to have paid DM on it, and go (I). I think the server is set to move (I) at 45 days now. Once you're in the graveyard you should see two identical entries in your lobby. One showing the account banned in the uni it was (I) and then another entry for the graveyard which for me is showing my old uni 1 (original uni 12) account in universe 300 now. I haven't really messed with it yet, but it looks to me like you can move across country servers too and not just within .org.

• I disagree, I think most people who have spoken here do want a change - am I wrong?

You are not wrong:

13 people want a change in eco, 10 people don't want a change in eco.

12 people want a change in research speed, 9 people don't want a change in research speed.

There were two people that wanted a change in eco and didn't say anything about research speed.

So, yes a majority wants a change. Although that majority isn't really big.

There were some people that shouted approximately 15 times, that they want a change. And there were some people that shouted 15 times that they don't want a change.

And in any case, if anybody is under impression that by changing eco speed they would be able to catch up to the highest ranked players in the uni, I can vouch they are wrong. While some of those people have been in v mode, here is how much points some people gained since the merge:

1. +30 429 485

2. +25 256 781

3. +10 575 631

4. +10 005 651

5. +9 445 648

6. +9 177 989

7. +8 745 085

8. +8 359 574

9. +8 242 506

10. +6 537 206

• ppl also choose their class according to eco speed

so changing eco speed means all those choosen general or collector got to pay 30bucks to change to discoverer or being lost in space vs the insane hauls of disco expo / disco combat expos with 20% df

• ppl also choose their class according to eco speed

so changing eco speed means all those choosen general or collector got to pay 30bucks to change to discoverer or being lost in space vs the insane hauls of disco expo / disco combat expos with 20% df

the same way as we came here with different classes we should change class to adapt to the current settings, some people even told us to scrap fleet..

we all have to compromise..

oh and expos and pirates are not that profitable anymore, classes are much more even now, combats are not that often and black holes are probably doubled..

"When we are good they never remember, when we are bad they never forget."

• its good that classes are more even, makes it more interesting that everyone can choose the class they want instead of all have to be discoverer as the eco speed is insane high and smaller active people actually have a chance to pick up as the ress prod is still "small" on super big accounts

• There are a bit more than 160 active players in Dorado now. How many of us expressed opinions in this thread? Probably 20-ish people. May be 30. And the rest (who are actually the majority) will also have opinion and need to be able to express it via voting. So vote pool is needed even if the outcome is "no change". At least people can explicitly say what they want or don't want.

I don't think it makes much sense to argue here. People already know what they want and it is pretty unlikely that they are going to change their point of view after reading that someone supports the changes or doesn't want anything to change. Let's finally vote and decide something.

What I'm still not sure is how GF are going to figure out which changes should be included in the voting and which shouldn't. As an example, I personally 100% agree with what pake said above:

if we want to keep a balanced uni, I would be ok with reducing the number of galaxies or/and deut consumption. The reason is that as the uni gets older defences also grow bigger, but fleets become increasingly costly to fly. This is not fair for fleeters, and leaves them with only two choices: either stop playing or become miners too and then everyone will be in their shell, and a part of the game will be lost.

As a fleeter, I cannot disagree with that, it makes total sense to me, but at the same time I understand that majority of people here won't really care and if whoever is making decisions looks at what was discussed above, these options won't be included.