Server Setting Changes Discussion for Dorado

• ] piink please can we have a poll as follows

No speed change(edited)

econ to x4 yes/no

research to x8 yes/no

deut to 60% yes/no

(Quote from piink)Well, we're at that point where we need to discuss changing the server settings...

As an OG of Donato 'Nam I think most people know where I stand, I don't want any changes and I will vote against all and any.

i say you might be OG but if you do not play in Dorado then you should have no say or vote

Edited 2 times, last by CRAZYHORSE ().

• i say you might be OG but if you do not play in Dorado then you should have no say or vote

I'm PAGAN...lol.

piink seriously, we haven't seen any movement or discussion from Game Forge side about this at all so what was the point in even bringing up having the discussion in the first place if you're not going to engage in the discussion?

I still want zero changes to settings. But you really do need to look over the thread and come up with a general consensus to establish an ingame vote.

• Well with respect surely, as has happened in the past, it is up to those that want change to propose such a change, and those that don't want change just to vote against it.

Crazy has proposed something that would seem reasonable and it is out there for people to run with or modify.

~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~
    exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• Just do bloody vote and will be done with !! It is like meeting about meeting. Flapping about it not gonne get that vote done.we all want have it done one way or the other so just do this vote. Can’t see it anything hard about it

• I Agree its well past it. We all want to vote, all the other unis had there votes, It"s done and dusted and yet we still waiting along with the other few unis waiting to have a vote lets get this over with.

faster eco 4x or 6x 

research 8x or 12x

no fleet speed change keep it as is.

• Yeah, let's finally vote! :headwall:

I don't know if anyone is actually going to look at what we post in this thread, but I'll just follow what everyone else above was doing above:

- no fleet speed change

- faster Eco/research (eco 4x or 6x, research 8x or 12x)

- more debris (doesn't matter how much more - whatever is reasonable)

- less deut consumption (doesn't matter how much as long as it's less than now)

- reduce the number of galaxies

• I think you will find that piink is on vacation till tomorrow so nothing will happen until she returns

On top of that you need a specific set of poll options without an "either" or "or" as that will dilute the vote

exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• The graveyard is always an option for those not happy here, granted you have to invest DM on your account and go vmode and inactive for 45 days.

We're already starting to see accounts that were merged to the graveyard from others unis trickling into Dorado now because they wanted the current 1x settings. If it was me, I'd be pissed off if I went through the trouble of going inactive long enough to get put into the graveyard and go through the process of requesting being put into Dorado only to have the settings changed.

I think they really just need to permanently establish unis of various settings and stop changing them and fix the merge token so that players can choose the uni with the settings they want. This would alleviate these discussions and votes altogether.

IMO, changing the settings of a uni is like changing the rules of a board game or pen & paper RPG mid-game because you're losing.

• 6 months vacation ;) I’d like having some of it :) I would not hold my breath on any vote being done too soon as we all know what those “managers” are like Crazyhorse probably will be right we will have vote about the vote ... soul destroying

How can something being mentioned 6 months ago or longer and nothing done about... my boss would seen his arse... but I suppose all GF are kind of “manager” ...

• No speed change(edited)

econ to x4 yes/no

research to x8 yes/no

deut to 60% yes/no

- no fleet speed change

- faster Eco/research (eco 4x or 6x, research 8x or 12x)

- more debris (doesn't matter how much more - whatever is reasonable)

- less deut consumption (doesn't matter how much as long as it's less than now)

- reduce the number of galaxies

faster eco 4x or 6x

research 8x or 12x

no fleet speed change keep it as is.

OK. For the 93rd time, I added up all the opinions of people posting in this thread. And what came up was:

Fleetspeed: NO CHANGE (22 opinions)

Ecospeed: no change (10 opinions)/4x (6 opinions)/2x (4 opinions)

Research speed: no change (9 opinions)/4x (6 opinions)/8x (2 opinions)

Debris percentage: NO CHANGE (there were like 5 people wanting a change)

Number of galaxies: NO CHANGE (there were like 3 people wanting a change)

Deut consuption: no change (12 opinions)/something (like 4 or 5 people not even saying what they want)

I guess even a blind man could see what the most wanted settings are from above list

• Once GF gets a hold of that data and plugs it into their computers and has a meeting about it they'll decide we want 20x fleet, 0.5x ECO, and 0.1X RES with 10X deut consumption and half a galaxy.

• Valeyard you have to bare in mind by sain “blind man can see where vote will go” that a lot of ppl aren’t on forum or just simply don’t comment also some ppl are in v mode and I hope they will come out to vote ;)

• We have already lost 260 active players since the merger, and if the poll does nothing, you will soon be down to the original 29 that were active pre-merger.

A 60 day vacation is far better than a few years watching paint dry.

As for this thread, it is usually those against that are most vociferous so you cannot take the thread as a reflection of the whole uni. As has been said, many don't read the forum, but will vote in game when the time comes.

exiledvulcan.jpg
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your view) they base their decisions to even hold an ingame vote on the discussion in the forums. Per the original announcement:

We will go through these discussions at the end of the week and start setting up the polls for the servers where the discussion is active.

During the last attempt in Dorado to change our settings, they decided not to hold a vote because it was obvious that the majority of the participants engaged in the discussion were against it.

Players are what lead to a lack of participation and that is squarely on them if they elect not to participate in the discussions as prescribed.

Most of the people I've spoken with ingame that don't post here...are also against changes, 1x settings are what attracted a large segment of the player base here.

That week came and went. The discussion is/was very active. They still haven't held a vote yet...or even engaged in the discussion.

• I guess even a blind man could see what the most wanted settings are from above list

That's just an opinion of the loudest part of Dorado players who decided to express it here. And also those who wanted to prove that their point of view makes the most sense. How many people's opinions have been counted, 20-30? There are probably 3 or 4 times more active players whose opinions haven't been taken into consideration. Do we just ignore that fact assuming that whoever was interested in this discussion has already spoken here? Isn't that a strange approach to making decisions which will impact ALL players?

Just think of the process. Right now we are deciding on the options which the whole server is going to vote for and we only account for opinions in this thread above, which other players may not be even aware of.

Then selected options (which again may not be relevant to the majority of players who do not read the forum) will get voted for by people who potentially wanted to see different changes if they got asked.

And after all that GF will make a decision based on some unknown criteria which we have no clue about.

The outcome? Everyone's probably going to be unhappy.

The process is not transparent and is not making sense. This whole initiative should be driven and guided by the game admins with clear and transparent rules for deciding which options to vote for, the voting itself and making sure all opinions are considered by notifying all players in-game and letting them express their opinion. Otherwise it's just going to be another case of GF's poor decision-making.

Edited once, last by Algo ().

• At the end of the day, if players feel their voices aren't being heard then it's the fault of those players for not being involved in their community forum(s). The medium to do so is provided here free of charge, if they elect not to use it then that's on them.

People like to blame unis dying on Game Forge's decisions but I've come to the realization that dying universes aren't solely on Game Forge. It's also the fault of players who can't commit and move on to each new uni that opens up...that's a conscious decision they made and Game Forge didn't force them to v-mode and go to a new uni.