OGame Tracker (tracks expeditions, basic information about battles and collected debris fields)

• Sure i might when i collect much, even tho its freaky translated by gf even now

I laid down the path to make adding other languages a lot more simple (and safe from errors), do you have a list of expedition messages available?

i can send some compilation tomorrow of messages u can use translate so u know witch is witch

gokui.png

... SOlution is Arround the Corner |

Looking for an ACCOUNT anywhere ...

• I just uploaded a new version which contains the following changes and new features:

Changes/Extensions

• Changed menu item text from "Statistics" to "OGame Tracker"
    • 0-Values in the tables (except total values) are now less visible (Screenshot in German)
      rl54kl1.png
    • Found ships on expeditions are now also shown as resource units (chart and table).
      However, those are not included in the total found in the tab "Resource Balance".
    • There is new table for the resource balance under "Combats", which lists collected resources per galaxy (Screenshot in German)
      9NvnKml.png

New Features

A new tab "Empire" has been added (Screenshot in German)
    9Frw6Au.png

There you can find the menu items "Production" and "Amortisation".

"Production" shows an overview of the current resource production per planet (incl. all boni, crawlers, officers etc.) (Screenshot in German)

DMUMOYm.png

Directly below you can find a calculator for resource packages based on the current production (Screenshot in German)

6V5fU2J.png

Under "Mines" in "Production" you will find an overview of your mines, power plants, and crawler count per planet (Screenshot in German)

f7luSck.png

The left column of the cralwers shows the active amount while the right one shows the number of available crawlers on the planet.

"Amortisation" includes an interactive amortisation table, which uses tracked information of the planets to preset values (Screenshot in German)

DxCHHMt.png

Please not that the numer input behave a bit weird currently. This will be fixed in the next update.

Additional changes

• a new tab "Tools" was added for future features
    • the date ranges in the settings now show the range of included dates (Screenshot in German)
      b5889DI.png
    • a new date range type for years was added
    • You can now import and export data. When importing data you can select whether existing data should be overwritten or not. (Screenshot in German)
      5uYePOb.png
    • You can change the language of the extension overlay in the settings.
      You can also see which OGame-language was detected. (Screenshot in German)
      vBAgGxA.png
      Please note that any language other than German or English is currently non-functional as there are no translations.
    • Partial support for message tracking (expeditions and debris fields) was added for the languages Danish (dk-OGame), czech (cz-OGame) (thanks NiNN from the German board), and for the balkan servers (hr/ba, with quite a few messages still missing) (thanks Old_Fella)
    • you can find a Discord icon in the top right of the overlay which sends you to the official Discord server
      gv3O1Xu.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find bugs or have suggestions for changes or new features, feel free to make a post here or in the discord channel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Mods: can please someone move the thread into the tolerated tools sections? The extension was approved in August

• thank you very much for this. someone said something about it slowing down ogame a while ago, has this been fixed or were you aware of this?

I am aware of this, however I have not yet done anthing to improve performance. I do have some things in mind, but some of those require a significant change and I just wanted to get the update out there.
    It's the next thing I'll work on, though

• I just uploaded an update which contains the following bugfixes and changes:

• expeditions: found ships are now correctly tracked on cz-Servers
    • conversion of found ships to resources now works correctly
    • the resource balance in the tab "resource balance" can now be toggled to show a detailed breakdown of the resources from expeditions, combats, and dfs
    • abandoned planets will not be tracked anymore and thus will not appear in the "empire" tab anymore
    • fixed production calculation
      • deut-syn production now also includes the deuterium consumption of the fusion reactor

The update should be available in a few hours if it is approved as fast a usual.

Edit: The update has already been approved and should be available for everyone.

Edited once, last by Wonkydonky ().

• I have good news for Firefox users:

I used the last few days to make the extension compatible with Firefox, and the extension works now on Firefox, too.

You can find the addon for Firefox here.

Please note that there might still be some bugs left in the Firefox version.

• I have good news for Firefox users:

I used the last few days to make the extension compatible with Firefox, and the extension works now on Firefox, too.

You can find the addon for Firefox here.

Please note that there might still be some bugs left in the Firefox version.

awesome, can't wait to get home!

• As the question came up because of the upcoming merges in the DE universes:

The data is saved per universe and player. If your player id or the universe changes then combat, expedtions etc. will be saved separately in a different sdataset.
    This does not mean your data is lost, it is simply not available right now. The next bigger update will give you a possibility to change easily between universes, which also makes it possible to view tracked data of universes you are not logged in currently.

Alternatively, you can export (3, screenshot in German) your data via the settings under the Import/Export section (1 -> 2), and then import the file after you merged to a universe.

This will insert your tracked data into the dataset of the new universe (make sure to not click the checkbox if you dont want to delete new data of expeditions, combats etc. in the new universe).

Screenshot in German:

Eum0EQX.png

Disclaimer: If you aren't on the latest version you might still see the wrong title "Export" instead of "Import" (4 in the screenshot)

• After it has become a bit quiet because I did not have enough time for the Tracker, quite a few happened in the last few weeks.

Members of the discord already saw that I published a beta version so players can test the next version already.

This new version is now available for Chromium-based browsers (see "Notes" for why it is not available for Firefox yet).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For existing users with:

The data storage system changed, which is why a one-time migration of your existing data (combats, expeditions, df harvest reports) is necessary.

The Tracker should open the following page after the the new version was installed:

BtpRWOH.png

Please migrate your data by clicking the button.

In case this page does not open or you accidently closed it: You can open this page again by opening the overlay, then navigation to the settings and clicking "Migrate old data".

pm8K8hw.png

If you have any problems with the migration so please contact me here via DM or on Discord.

Note: Your empire data will not be migrated. You either have to open the OGame empire page once (if commander active) or navigate again through all building and research pages of your planets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What changed?

1. The most important (and for you least visible) change: I rewrote the whole "backend" of the extension.

What exactly does that mean for you?

• no noticeable delays on page load anymore
    • generally better performance
    • no more data loss like reported a few times (of course only as long as the extension is not removed or its data deleted from your drive)
    • you can now also open the overlay in a new tab/window 1WU9Iq4.png
    • the overlay now immediately reacts to new data (for example if you opened the overlay in a seperate tab and tracked new expeditions afterwards)
    • you can now easily switch between tracked accounts in the overlay

2. Changes to existing features

• The main tabs can now also be reached by pressing the respective digit key on your keyboard (1 to 6)5h8XZ3U.png
    • The amortization calculator now takes all your planets into accounts, and includes plasma technology and astrophysics+new colonies (screenshot in German)zcmvETX.png
    • You can now change the default page and set defaults for every submenu of the main tabs by right clicking thetabs/menu itemsLv9LJvw.png
      2FftJEL.pngFdAGA6c.png
    • Most diagrams and tables now show additional information
    • Visualization of the results of combats, expeditions, and df harvest reports on the OGame messages page has been improved
      3WqLLnR.png
    • You can now switch between your tracked accounts by clicking the qQU0VJy.png icon in the menu
      Note: If you have older accounts without tracked name you will see the player ID and universe ID instead of their names
    • The prodution table now shows the correct values for every planet position
    • The production table now shows the tracked production settings and active items
    • The resource package calculator has been moved to the footer of the production table
    • The mine overview nows shows how many crawlers can be active
    • A lot of settings have been reworked and added. You can now change related settings directly where they are used
      4xcomDA.png
      • a setting has been introduced to ignore combats where the attacker attacks with espionage probes only, this setting is enabled by default
    • The info page has been reworked and now also includes an F.A.Q. and some tips
    • UI and UX improvements
    • you can now manually add a DF harvest report in case someone else harvested it for you and you want to include it in tracking
    • your empire is now also tracked on the OGame empire page
    • The notifications have been reworked and now include a summary of the results (screenshot in German)
      RAoVmp0.png

3. New Feature: Universe History

The universe history is split into two parts.

If the "small" variant is enabled, all highscore changes of the players and alliances of your universe(s) will be tracked.

If you activate the "large" variant, then a lot of additional changes will be tracked. This includes

• for players: status, nickname, alliance membership, planets and moons including the size (moons), names, and coordinates
    • for alliances: tag, name, members

You can set in the settings how often changes are tracked. For the universe history only changes are tracked to keep the amount of data as small as possible.
    You can compare highscore changes of multiple players/alliances at once.
    All other changes can only be shown for a single player/alliance at a time. (Screenshots in German)

NJpzDPW.png

9xMrqCm.png

4. Language Support

Added language support for slovenian (si) servers.

Improved language support for danish (dk) and czech (cz) servers.

If you want support for additional languages then pelase contact me here or on the Discord server.

5. Notes

• For now, this version is only available for Chromium-based browsers. This is because this extension now uses the manifest version 3 which is not uspported by Firefox yet.
      The official timeline includes support for manifest version 3 starting at the end of 2022.
    • The "Tools" tabs was moved to the right side and is unfortunately still without function (there will be some soon though)
    • The Excel export is currently being reworked and therefore currently not available
    • the import/export of your data is currently not possible, but will be in a few days again
    • a donation page has been added for those who want to support the development

Beta Version

The beta version of the Tracker is a separate extension to the live version and available for Chromium-based browsers here.
    You don't need to install the beta version if you don't want to test new features before they are live!

You will be able to test upcoming versions there as it has been the case with this version (backend-rewrite and the universe history) already.

Soon the beta version will be updated to partially include lifeforms. This will include lifeform buildings and technologies for the resource production. Additionally there will be a page with an overview of active lifeforms including their buildings and technologies.
    A later update will also include lifeform buildings and technologies for the interactive amortization calculator.

Edited 2 times, last by Wonkydonky ().

• Hi, would it be possible to add option to switch off the images in messages?

And could combat and expo combat debris be split or be there an option for that?

I would much rather that expo combat df would be tracked with expos or separately

thank you

• Hi, would it be possible to add option to switch off the images in messages?

I already received different feedback regarding this feature, so yeah, I'll add an option to additionally show the original message as well.

And could combat and expo combat debris be split or be there an option for that?

This might be possible, I'll add it to my list and probably separate these or add an option to separate normal from expedition DFs

• I already received different feedback regarding this feature, so yeah, I'll add an option to additionally show the original message as well.

This might be possible, I'll add it to my list and probably separate these or add an option to separate normal from expedition DFs

Thank you!

Really like the addon otherwise!

• Thank you!

Really like the addon otherwise!

Hey there, I forgot to post the changelog for the last update here.

You can disable the simplified view in the settings -> "accessibility", which will show you the original messages again (but will also still show the icon-ified results).

This will also change the notifications to be text only without any icons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to publish an analysis of the expeditions that users of the Tracker tracked.

If you'd like to participate then please upload the exported JSON file of your Tracker data here. You can export your data in Settings->Import/Export.

Thanks to everyone participating in the analysis!

Edit: If cannot/do not want to upload using a Google account but want to participate, then please send me a private message.

• thanks, i would like it text ony without the icons, like it was previously, but i appreciate that ships are split into resources.
    i'll pm you the expo data, i may have export from before merge as well (about 3k expos)